collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our captain for 11/12 season  (Read 13734 times)

Offline IRISHPHIL

Re: Our captain for 11/12 season
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 04:51:17 PM »
think it should be petrov as captain and gabby as vice captain

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
Can't vote, I don't really agree with any of them and don't know who he's going to get in, there's a few players in the team that are loud, no one is the complete captain to me though

Offline olofmilosevic

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Gabby? I honestly don't expect to see Gabby as a regular in the starting 11.

You seriously must be joking, the threat Gabby poses is immense, that threat was missing for the entire season, Villa attack looked like a drink of water, and to a some part IMO, Gabby and the threat he carries and that being missing, his link play with Ashley Young not being there is one reason why we ended up where we did.

I just don't get why Villa fans underestimate a Gabby Agbonlahor in full flight and at his best, in fact if I was Man Utd i would purchase the pair, because as I remember Gabby and Ash where probably one of the most potent double acts in the Premiership.

HAHAHAHA! Crap first touch and one dimensional! He had one really good season then he was found out! That's why he hasnt been a threat because defenders know how to mark him now! though he will always have a special place in my heart for scoring against the b-lose!

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 05:33:07 PM »
I still think Gabby has a role and is good enough, but he's not a captain, hope we see more of him next season...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 06:19:59 PM »
Scott Parker ;-0

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 06:32:29 PM »
My choice is Cuellar. Stick him back in the side, in the position where he's supposed to be and give him the good run in the team he deserves.

Offline serbentoflight

• The Serpent Of Light
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 06:34:54 PM »
Downing :)

Offline eastie

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
Nobody in the squad stands out as captain material for me- maybe one of the new signings will fit the bill?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
Delph.

Offline supertom

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Coker.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
Lionel Messi.

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
Lionel Messi.
Meh we can do better, ill chain myself to the north stand gates if we dared to show this unambition

Offline Villanation

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
Yer asking Vidic, Rio etc who they prefer to face has very little to do with the quality of the forward, I bet 10 yrs ago centre halves would rather wake up knowing they were facing Michael Owen than Duncan Ferguson for example.  So what little Owen is a better player and will probably score, at least they wont have their jaw broken by an animal like Ferguson.  I'm sure they don't like trying to chase Gabby round the pitch, but that doesn't mean he is anywhere near as effective a striker for us than Bent is, because he is not.

Missing the point, No I'm not asking Vidic or Terry or Gallas in respect of playing against Gabby, they've all gone on record saying just that, direct quote from John Terry saying "Every defender in the Premiership knows Gabby is a nightmare to play against", Gabby is or was a lot more influential within the Villa side than a lot of Villa fans recognize, and its not just his ability to use his pace to run past player, at times his shown some very deft touches, but the main point is, there is no comparison between him and Bent, however, Bent hasn't been at the club long enough to wipe his bum yet, when he's led the line as long as Gabby did on his own, and having to craft goals out of what in the main was a poor midfield feeding him his chances and still getting his goals, then i'll sit up and listen.

My feeling is this time next year providing he hasn't up and left Villa, Bent will probably have a goals tally for the season of something like 16/17 goals as a guestimate, marginally better than Gabby, Gabby cost naf all and Bent as cost a fortune, IMO for that he needs to be into 20+ goals a season to show he's worth that.

Pleased to have Darren Bent in the side, but there is no way it should be either or where Gabby is concerned, I've seen way to much excellent footballing moments from Gabby such as the late winner v the scum, where he cleared of the line one end, sprinted the full length of the pitch to meet Ash's cross and head in the other end for an excellent goal when most of the team where utterly knackered, the fantastic way he turned Vidic in the area in the League cup final, when Vidic crapped himself and fouled him giving us a brilliant penalty, the fantastic hat trick v Man City, the little side step knock in v Man Utd.

Bent v Gabby, well put simply, for me Gabby has paid his dues, time served, and he's provided some great incident, when Bent has done the same for a couple of seasons and actually has a track record fair enough, Gabby is Aston Villa, which is why they've just marched him out to comment on the "give Alex a chance".

Fact is its not either or it should be both.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 07:48:49 PM »
Nigel Reo Coker hopefully if he re-signs!

Offline abc123cox

• Villa-Till-I-Die
    • UPtheVILLA Aston Vilal Fans, News and Banter page
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 07:55:40 PM »
The only player that stands out to me is Collins! Dunne is a lose cannon and Petrov's legs have all but gone, he's captain at Wales now so lets see his leadership styles......best way is to pick and choose throughout pre-season and then make final decision just before start!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal