collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will you be renewing for next year truthfully ?  (Read 53302 times)

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
Re: Will you be renewing for next year truthfully ?
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2011, 02:43:13 PM »
I suppose I'm going to be accused of not being a proper Villa fan, but my thoughts at the moment are not to renew mine and my lads season tickets.
I've had mine for over 30 years, I've seen the lows of relegation to the Third Division to the highs of Rotterdam, from Tommy Doc, to Billy McBingo, but I've never been this disenchanted with Villa.
The Proud history, bright future strapline seems a million light years ago to me, as we seem to be settling back into comfortable mediocrity with an appointment like FlippinEck McUseless.
I will always love my club from the heart but this is testing my resolve, going on holiday next week so I'll see how I feel after that.
I will have missed my renewal date.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
I feel for you Oscar.
You should post that in the Generals thread.

Offline dazzyg

• I ❤ Alex McLeish
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
How can you renew regardless how you feel about the club I am a die hard fan 34 years now in total. If you can sit there and cheer him your not a fan but if you renew and give him hell well done. For gods sake he has come from small heath does that not mean anything? For the past four seasons we have give him hell at the Villa now we are supposed to applaud him? Like hell we should.

Offline Fuse

• GM : 28.08.2015
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »
How can you renew regardless how you feel about the club I am a die hard fan 34 years now in total. If you can sit there and cheer him your not a fan but if you renew and give him hell well done. For gods sake he has come from small heath does that not mean anything? For the past four seasons we have give him hell at the Villa now we are supposed to applaud him? Like hell we should.

I didn't want him to come as I don't see why he is qualified to manage us, but it is stupid to stop supporting the club because he managed small heath. As much as I hate them I love Villa more.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
Congratulations, a contender for the most stupid post of the week award.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »

Have you ever heard of Peter Withe?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »
My mate has one, he can't make all the games due to work and we discussed going halves and splitting the games, but after the board have clearly shown they have no ambition we have gone off the idea so NO from me

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
My mate has one, he can't make all the games due to work and we discussed going halves and splitting the games, but after the board have clearly shown they have no ambition we have gone off the idea so NO from me
What if there's significant investment in the squad over the summer? I'm not questioning your right to not buy one, but if the transfer deals show ambition might you change your mind?

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2011, 03:42:33 PM »
No I won't change my mind, he might but after speaking to him i doubt it.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2011, 04:01:24 PM »
Just rang and renewed mine - not what I wanted manager wise by a long way but he is here now so might as well support him (and always the team) as to not too is a certain recipe for disaster.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
No season ticket for me as I live in China, but I shall still be grubbing around for tickets for every home and way game when I am back in Blighty.

McLeish wasn't my first choice - hell, he wasn't even my fifth choice - but as Villa manager I shall applaud him and cheer the lads on in every game. He needs to be given the same chance and support as any new manager

Offline aevillain

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
100% no!

Offline Ennis

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
are you really 34+ dazzyg?

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »
He's not our manager yet.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2011, 07:02:05 PM »
Sorted L4, the usual.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal