collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Official - Houllier leaves by mutual consent (p.28)  (Read 125414 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Official - Houllier leaves by mutual consent (p.28)
« Reply #555 on: June 03, 2011, 07:02:30 PM »
I had no idea it was that serious. I think it's hard to find fault with any of Villa's conduct over this matter. Feel sorry for GHou but it really is the best decision for everyone concerned.

Reading the above, I have to agree with you. A shame. I'd have loved to see what could have been with him in charge.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #556 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
I think most of us would agree that no job is worth dying for (other than a trainee coroners practice body) and I would like to wish Houllier all the best for a speedy recovery. Who knows what might have been? Were the results towards the end of the season the start of the turnaround in our fortunes or just a bit of luck. That chapter has closed, so onwards and upwards.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #557 on: June 03, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »
I had no idea it was that serious. I think it's hard to find fault with any of Villa's conduct over this matter. Feel sorry for GHou but it really is the best decision for everyone concerned.

Reading the above, I have to agree with you. A shame. I'd have loved to see what could have been with him in charge.

How were you thinking about our future after the games v Sunderland, Wolves and West Brom. Were you looking forward to seeing how it all panned out after these games ?
I wanted him gone after each of these games because all I could see was clueless , inept performances that I was sure at the time were gong to see us going down.
That along with the Anfield debacle and the 2 joyless trips to Eastlands.
Don't get me wrong , I wish the man a complete and speedy recovery but as for his reign as our manager I'm glad it is over.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #558 on: June 03, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »
Gerard's plans would have been for the long haul with what he was trying to achieve. You only have to see what Sir Graham Taylor said about football management and the circumstances in Gerard's arrival at Villa. No manager in the world would have had a good 3 months with the problems he had to deal with.
I would rather have Gerard in charge now and preparing for the next 3 years and more if his health was not a issue.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #559 on: June 04, 2011, 11:13:59 AM »
Quote from: Ian 'Boo' Ridley
Now he joins the ranks of managers jettisoned on owners' whims in Chris Hughton at Newcastle, Sam Allardyce at Blackburn and Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea when they were doing sound jobs but became victims of ill-informed opinions and judgements.

Not unlike this stream of bull****, then?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »

Two more seasons of inept football and crap results I reckon.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
I disagree, but we'll never know.

Offline villanois

« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »
As he says, he wanted to return but needs a few months to recuperate fully.  Unfortunately we can't afford that luxury so a parting of the ways is the best for both parties.  I'm not sure he will return to full time club management.  Surely it's not worth the risk for him?

Sums it up for me. It's a decision taken with both his interests at heart as well as the club's - Houllier, by his own admission, does not expect to be fully recovered for a few months yet and, after the fiasco of last summer Villa need to have a manager 100% focused on preparing the squad during pre-season.

I wish him well.
There is no way that he will meet the physical demands of being a premiership manager again. His Aorta has now suffered two damaging injuries that in turn weaken the wall of the vessell. The continuing treatment for the remainder of his life will be to limit stress and control blood pressure.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal