collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Should we experiment?  (Read 19575 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Should we experiment?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 12:35:27 AM »
Said William to Kate  as soon as they were alone ....

Offline Caiphus

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2011, 02:16:54 AM »
Win against WBA and Wigan and we are pretty much nailed on for 9th.  Experiment against Arsenal and Liverpool.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
Win against WBA and Wigan and we are pretty much nailed on for 9th.  Experiment against Arsenal and Liverpool.

Bent at Left Back ? Heskey in goal ? Bannan Centre Half

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »
I think we need to win today and against wigan before we can be considered "safe"

Offline olaftab

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
We were safe after our win at West Ham. Not sure about experimenting need to finish as high as possible.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2011, 10:56:47 AM »
I think we need to win today and against wigan before we can be considered "safe"

Win today and the only way we can get relegated is if we lose every game and every other result for the rest of the season sees the team lowest in the league at the time winning their fixture. And even then they'd need to turn 7 goals around in the GD column.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:43 AM »
I know what your saying but I'd rather make sure were safe before we start messing. Sub appearances I fine I think but I wouldn't alter the starting line up

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2011, 11:31:06 AM »
Let's just win today before any possible tinkering

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
No, not today. Have Bannan on the bench by all means but try and win today. And against Wigan.

If we win 3 of our last four we could finish 8th, certainly 9th.

Top 8 with no manager for the start of the season, losing our best player without adequatly replacing him, only having our star forward for half the season, and having four managers since August would be pretty decent return in the end.

Especially with the kids having got some serious time under their belts. Clark, Bannan and Albrighton are all genuine first team players now.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:43:56 PM by JJ-AV »

Offline olaftab

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
Win today and the only way we can get relegated is if we lose every game and every other result for the rest of the season sees the team lowest in the league at the time winning their fixture. And even then they'd need to turn 7 goals around in the GD column.

I think you will find that if the  scenario you mentioned takes place  our goal difference will be abysmal! if we lose every game our GD will be -20.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
I thought this whole season has been an expermiment. That was the trade off to my mind - a much lower league placing than if we'd stuck to Hoof Ver.1.8.10 but once the bugs are ironed out we'd play a better style. Personally a good finish to the season with a bit of consistency would do for me rather than messing around - surely GH knows how he wants to play and who can play it by now?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 12:56:12 PM by gregnash »

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
The wins over West Ham and Newcastle were crucial but I wouldn't want us to go into the last two games with even a mathematical possibility of relegation. Play the kids if you think they'll do a better job than the player they replace in the team, don't play the kids just to give them experience.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
I'm SO glad we went with experience today. It was the right choice. Well done to the Gary Mac.
And well picked, WikiVilla...you really DO know everything. Give yourself a big pat on the back for popping up every other post disputing the benefits of youth. You know about as much about football as Ashley Young does about taking free kicks....two fifths of one third of fuck all.

Maybe there's a job in management at Villa for you. They seem to like clueless twats down there.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »
It doesn't really matter. As today has shown our first team of senior players consists largely of gutless, spineless limited players. I really cannot see how our young players could have been any worse. Those like WikiVilla who have carped on endlessly on this thread about experience show the same kind of thinking exhibited in bringing on Pires and having him on the bench ahead of other players.

I have said that I have no faith in those players and today my lack of faith has been rewarded. Can we please try something different than these oafs who have failed and failed again this season. It is them who have got us into this mess and they have struggled to get us out of it. We lost today for this first time in twenty odd years to those bastards down the road. A not very good Baggies team with 10 men beat that spine WikiVilla praises so highly. Spineless would be more apt.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 05:07:15 PM »
Just outside the ground, wankers
2 main reasons for the loss
Ciaran Clarks inexperience
Taking NRC off for Pires WTF !! Coker was running the show

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal