collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Gabby Appreciation Thread - Update: 4 year deal  (Read 217818 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: The Gabby Appreciation Thread - Update: 4 year deal
« Reply #1020 on: February 06, 2022, 11:48:01 AM »
Can’t stand the bloke.

What a waster.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1021 on: February 06, 2022, 12:00:17 PM »
O'Neill's comments about Villa at the end were interesting too. And the fact that he let Gabby and Carew di whatever they wanted socially cos he liked them and they would usually deliver the goods on the pitch.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1022 on: February 06, 2022, 12:01:17 PM »
FFS will we ever be rid of threads with the fat waster's name on them?
Say what you like  but Gabs is a broadcasting legend now. They are milking him dry on talksport and at the moment he's filling their buckets with cringingly  unsavoury stories about his days at Villa.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1023 on: February 06, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »
Can we move this to memories as well please.

Seconded.

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #1024 on: February 06, 2022, 01:17:13 PM »
Not one ounce of remorse from him or Richards for the years of poison leading to the relegation.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1025 on: February 06, 2022, 01:39:45 PM »

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1026 on: February 06, 2022, 01:43:59 PM »
if you go to the start of this thread and read the positive comments on him at that point it makes me quite sad , He  wasted the second part of his career really

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1027 on: February 06, 2022, 01:55:36 PM »
He's suffered through injury and being played out wide this campaign, but he'll be back next year with 12-14 goals.

And as a 12-14 goal striker who has a habit of scoring important goals, is this not the striker to play alongside Bent that everyone has just been scratching their heads about?

he's in his mid 20's and he's never scored 14 league goals in a single season yet.
 think he's got 3 in this injury ridden season

i dont see why every time he scores for Villa which isnt very often we all have to think he's fantastic when he clearly isnt,
 we bought Bent to score the goals the other strikers couldnt,

he has scored some important goals over the last 5 years, great, he's a local lad great, but he hasnt developed into the top class striker many people thought he would be,
he will be around for a few years yet, as there is no bigger team than Villa will come in to buy him,
but for me we need someone with a bit more skill, ball control and awarness to go alongside Bent, then we might have a really dangerous forward line to compete at a higher levelin the league

I think this summation from back in 2011 is spot on
From a poster that obviously knows what he’s talking about 😊

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1028 on: February 06, 2022, 02:19:58 PM »
He's suffered through injury and being played out wide this campaign, but he'll be back next year with 12-14 goals.

And as a 12-14 goal striker who has a habit of scoring important goals, is this not the striker to play alongside Bent that everyone has just been scratching their heads about?

he's in his mid 20's and he's never scored 14 league goals in a single season yet.

i dont see why every time he scores for Villa which isnt very often we all have to think he's fantastic when he clearly isnt,

he has scored some important goals over the last 5 years, great, he's a local lad great, but he hasnt developed into the top class striker many people thought he would be,
he will be around for a few years yet, as there is no bigger team than Villa will come in to buy him,
but for me we need someone with a bit more skill, ball control and awarness to go alongside Bent, then we might have a really dangerous forward line to compete at a higher levelin the league

One of the few topics we agreed to disagree on pal. I think, in hindsight, I concede the point to you.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #1029 on: February 06, 2022, 02:50:38 PM »
Ads is consistent in always looking on the bright side of Villa-life so there'll be no happy-clapper shaming here.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1030 on: February 06, 2022, 03:07:05 PM »

One of the few topics we agreed to disagree on pal. I think, in hindsight, I concede the point to you.

Yes I think Center Backs might be the other one
I won’t mind in 10 years time conceding the point to you on that one
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 03:13:36 PM by john e »

Offline eamonn

« Reply #1031 on: February 07, 2022, 01:36:02 PM »
I know folk want Gabby threads dead, but just recently interesting stuff about his time at Villa are coming up in his Talksport appearances. Worth checking this out, talking about Roy Keane's time at the Villa...

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #1032 on: February 07, 2022, 03:38:48 PM »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1033 on: February 07, 2022, 03:45:14 PM »
I know folk want Gabby threads dead, but just recently interesting stuff about his time at Villa are coming up in his Talksport appearances. Worth checking this out, talking about Roy Keane's time at the Villa...

That's on the thread in the Villa History section mate. One of many when he seems to delight in how unprofessional he was back then. The fat twat.

Offline eamonn

« Reply #1034 on: February 07, 2022, 03:55:07 PM »
Oh, soz. Will stop bumping this thread then  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal