collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

8 years ago today - Apr 30, 2016 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:09:16 AM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 10:09:10 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by nordenvillain
[Today at 10:04:03 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 10:01:24 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:00:22 AM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:57:22 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:54:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: are there 2 ashley youngs?  (Read 30442 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: are there 2 ashley youngs?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:15 PM »
There's one that plays off the front, and there's one that plays out wide *winky*.

Seriously, he's a fine player and I think we'll miss him more than Barry or Milner.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
ffs give him a break he's our best player and gives his all and who says he's leaving!!

Offline Dave Summers

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
Or he just can't be arsed to play for the Villa now he's decided he wants to leave...

Nail.on.head

Bollocks, do you go to any games? He played extremely week against Bolton and Blackburn but why let the facts get in the way of blind prejudice?

This seemingly endless campaign against Young by a lot of people on here is bizarre.

"He thinks he's too big for us", "there's two of them, the one that plays for England and the one that we see every week", "boo hoo, he's such a whinger"

He is not without his faults, but it is all so unbelievably small time, it makes us sound like Albion fans.

I suspect it is because he's almost certainly off in the summer, and said posters are preparing the ground to say "good riddance" and act like he was always shit anyway.
Absolutely.

It's like he's already left, so the Milner/Barry-style animosity has started early.

Ooops. Not sure what happened there. 

Nail on head at the bottom of the quote.

The vitriol against Young this year has been quite something to behold.  Hands up, one of my favourite players over 40 years of watching.  Yes, he has some annoying, deeply annoying habits, but for me he is one of THE most talented players it has been my pleasure to watch.

If he does go, then I hope he goes to a stage befitting his talents and he proves his ability to play on the highest possible stage.   Hopefully though, god knows how, he will stay with us

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
I think he's been one of our top performers since he joined. Can't see how that can be disputed. I agree, it's the "Oh, he's shit anyway!" attitutde ready for when he leaves. Bit pathetic really.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
Or he just can't be arsed to play for the Villa now he's decided he wants to leave...

Bollocks, do you go to any games? He played extremely week against Bolton and Blackburn but why let the facts get in the way of blind prejudice?

This seemingly endless campaign against Young by a lot of people on here is bizarre.

"He thinks he's too big for us", "there's two of them, the one that plays for England and the one that we see every week", "boo hoo, he's such a whinger"

He is not without his faults, but it is all so unbelievably small time, it makes us sound like Albion fans.

I suspect it is because he's almost certainly off in the summer, and said posters are preparing the ground to say "good riddance" and act like he was always shit anyway.

so Paulie ashley has been amazing for Villa since he signed from Watford right up to now then?

Not consistently, no, but who is? Has Wayne Rooney been consistently amazing since he joined Man United?

I said I admit he's not without his faults, but the stick he gets on here is beyond belief, and it is just so small time.

In a terrible season with a squad choca with underperforming players, many of whom clearly do not give a shit, two of the players who get the most stick are Ashley Young - who is capable of "doing things" for us and always at least seems to care - and Stewart Downing, who has been one of our best players all season, but hey, he doesn't crunch into tackles like Gattuso, so he must be shit too.

Baffling.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
Its more of an issue as to why he isnt being played in his most effective position ie up along side Bent with maybe Downing on the other side and then a midfield 3 of Reo, Delph and Makoun 

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 06:48:05 PM »
Paulie

i agree, with that about rooney etc

today was the Ashley Young of old, i thought anyway. when was the last time he played anywhere near that standard for Villa?

i have never got the Stewart Downing critisicm, he has been our best performer without doubt this season. i still think we went to boro and came back with the wrong winger tho

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
Ashley has been consistently good since he came here, he's dipped lately, not helped by being played out of position.

Overall, i'll be sorry to see him go.
A midfield without Milner and Young is bereft of real talent.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:07:55 PM by Rip Van Bentfletch »

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »
ARE there, not IS there.

Where is Bad English when you need him?
Just been changing the flush mechanism upstairs. So, another temperamental pile of shit to deal with.

And I  suppose the iPad 2 is going to be blamed for the lack of capital letters too. Tsk!

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 07:09:48 PM »
ARE there, not IS there.

Where is Bad English when you need him?
Just been changing the flush mechanism upstairs. So, another temperamental pile of shit to deal with.
Better late than never BE, now, attend to him.

Offline villa1

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »
For me, Young's effort has been there this season but his perfomances have not been effective. Completely different player today. No whinging, moaning, etc and almost everything he did was well executed. I couldn't help but think that half of those passes and crosses would have ended up in the crowd if he was wearing claret & blue today.

When he plays like he does today he's very good indeed and we'd miss that Ashley Young a hell of a lot. When he plays like he did against Wolves it's a completely different story.

I really hopes he finds his England form for us in the last 8 games.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Are there two Ashley Youngs?
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »
I have "unliked" the ineffective brat's official PFA Pravda page on Facebook. It's the nec plus ultra, I am an online Jarrow Marcher, I am the Greenham Common of Netbook anarchy. Watch it Overpaid Primadonnas™!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 07:49:32 PM »
You most certainly are the Online Jarrow Marcher and probably the Offline Jeffrey Archer Darren but did the "flush mechanism" work when you changed it?

I shall use that "flush mechanism" on the plumber next time he says I need a new ball cock.   So much less vulgar.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:01:55 PM by brian green »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
Imagine you build beautiful high performance Sports cars.

They are well engineered and valuable. Then imagine a man buys one of these cars. He uses it to drive to the shops, take the kids to school despite the car having just two seats and a small boot. The guy grinds the gears and scratches the bodywork. You can blame the car for being ill-suited to his purpose or you can blame the man for using it in that purpose.

This is what we are seeing with Young and to an extent Gabby. Both continue to work hard and both haven't suddenly turned shit overnight. I'm not saying the two of them are not flawed, that they do not frustrate (Young's tumbling and moaning, Gabby's bottling of some one-on-one situations) but unlike many within our squad they are wholehearted lads who always give 100% to the cause. We have to look at the roles they are being used in. Ash worked well for England today as a wide midfielder and Gabby works as a striker. Our manager hasn't used them there.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
would love to see Young on the wing again and big John C on the end of his crosses
At the height of MON's reign they were superb, miss those days

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal