collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Monty
[Today at 11:50:09 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:49:39 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:43:43 AM]

Champions League Contention by Astnor
[Today at 11:38:10 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Robin Olsen by London Villan
[Today at 11:32:24 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sack the Manager?  (Read 171946 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Sack the Manager?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »
Yes , I want to know why all this clamour for McDonald.

I seem to remember being drubbed 6-0 by Newcastle and then the Villa fans singing "You dont know what you are doing as he single handedly buggered up a guarenteed win against Stoke !
How did he do that?

I thought that Young not being able to head a football and Pennant being a diving shit had more to do with it.

Offline eastie

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 10:20:58 PM »
Greg in all honesty I don't understand how you could call for mons head and yet back houllier?

The time was right for o neill to go last may but it's also right for GED to go if we want to survive now.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 10:22:14 PM »
they wouldn't work with mcdonald, won't work with GH. why will they work with a new manager?  you can bet someone is still in contact with a lot of 'em. in fact i've been told as much.

Yes.

MoN is controlling the players and Doug is still running the club.

*facepalm*

yeah right. good one. is it normal for senior pro's still to be questioning their manager's methods 8 months after the last guy left?. looking awfully like a revie type situation at leeds to me.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »
Greg in all honesty I don't understand how you could call for mons head and yet back houllier?
Were you not in exactly the same position until about two matches ago?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2011, 10:27:12 PM »

The time was right for o neill to go last may but it's also right for GED to go if we want to survive now.

its very hard to change things if certain players refuse to help you. I would have took a very dim view of players doing the same to MON whatever i felt personally about his rotten hoofball

Offline robinleper

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 10:29:30 PM »
What worries me most is, and i'm sure many people have thought this is.
We are too big to go down.
We have the best squad in the bottom 8 teams.
We have invested too much too much to retain our premier league status.
How many Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham fans thought this when they were struggling, when they were  relegated?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:22 PM »
Greg good to see you back,

Online The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 10:31:54 PM »
More to the point, on what basis do you think it would be a good idea to keep Houllier? How is his staying going to improve us, or give us any momentum to escape the drop?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 10:35:39 PM »
i really think something has to be done. i'm sure a majority believe that is GH being shown the door. my question is, will they suddenly get behind the new guy? on the evidence so far he'll probably have about 3 or 4 knives in his back by the end of the first day. Dunne being shown the door immediately would at least concentrate some minds whether GH stays or not.

Offline eastie

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Yes I was dave and although I can see what houllier is trying to do i am convinced the events of the last fortnight have seen him lose the dressing room, today was so bad that I do not see him motivating these players to get the results needed.

It is not all his fault but sadly he must as manager accept responsibility for results, I therefore feel it's in the clubs survival interests that he goes - maybe I was wrong about him dave, but I will not defend him after today's inept display. Enough is enough.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
If there is no one internaly or externaly to take control of this group of players and get some performances out of them, then we are down

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:16 PM »
En nom de dieu allez toute de suite!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
If there is no one internaly or externaly to take control of this group of players and get some performances out of them, then we are down

yep.

Offline ez

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
If Randy takes the his time finding a replacement again we could be without a manager for the rest of the season. Might be an improvement though. I can see Houllier taking us down then clearing off.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »
Devils advocate

What could Houllier do ?

It was clear to anyone with eyes that stuff had started to go wrong even before MON left.

Carew had fallen out, Milner said he wanted to leave, NRC had him round the throat it went on and on - there was loads of stuff.

The turning point, and people including me said it at the time was the Cup Final. Casts your mind back, how many people said on here week after week "I am now sick and tired of MON STILL moaning about the ref at Wembley" - from that moment we went downhill , as did the players - Warnock was finished after that game. We had the 7-0 drubbing as well for good measure

McDonald took over, and we were poor (not as poor as now granted) we had a 6-0 drubbing, we had a Stoke collapse as well as others (surrender in Europe !)

Houllier took over, he made and makes mistakes - but we have a transfer window, his hands are tied, he has to work with what hes got

January came, he got Bent - I for one am ecstatic, he got Makoun (I for one am underwhelmed), He got Walker (I for one will be gutted when he is the best RB in the country but unfortunatly in a white shirt ! - more importantly, he shipped out some known trouble makers.

He did what he could in the 31 days he had.

So I just dont know how much you can blame Houllier, it must have been like taking over a club in turmoil.

I say keep him for next season, but with all the public relaton gaffes like Liverpool, Man City, his comments when he joined - I can understand why people want him gone

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal