collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:11:08 PM]

Re: VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:11:07 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 03:09:32 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 03:06:38 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by johnc
[Today at 03:05:35 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 03:04:58 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:02:43 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:01:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: the person with the banner, thanks for setting the upbeat tone for the day!  (Read 65741 times)

Offline rutski

Mods, can you please consider amending the thread title. Why call the guy "a twat" he's fully entitled to his opinion and I think a lot of Villa fans would echo his sentiments
i agree, can we change it to person

Offline WikiVilla

Thanks for modifying

Offline villa1

Correct message. Poor timing.

Just my opinion of course.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
you dont represent me, you dont represent most around me, your influence was broadcast round the nation and we seem more fickle than ever!
thanks for your input!

I don't think we're fickle at all I speak to fans of other clubs I read their forums and the general concensus is that he's not up to the task. He's embarrassed the club on more than one occasion and it's unacceptable, not to mention being completely inept generally

Online The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
I can't help thinking that accusing us of being fickle is wide of the mark, when the majority were either against, or at best, undecided, when Houllier was appointed in the first place.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
All supporters are fickle. Being fickle is part of being a supporter. 

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
This is nothing to do with being fickle. What Inspector Clueless did at man City was an absolute disgrace and I am delighted that whoever made this banner felt strongly enough to make their opinions known.

Offline WikiVilla

I find the fact that the stewards remove the banner(s) much more disturbing !!

Are we the paying fans not allowed an opinion inside Villa Park ??

Online The Moose

Pay your money, sit down, shut up. Nothing new there!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
everyone's entitled their opinion, but when your in a dog fight, that kind of banner simply isn't going to help matters. Everyone's on edge right now, and if the fans transmit that to the players it only gets worse.

Online The Moose

Or maybe, just maybe, it will remind the players that it's not just their multi-million pound salaries that matter.
It's the people who pay hard-earned cash, week in, week out, who are the life-blood of the club, who sacrifice great chunks of their life for THEIR club!
They - us - are what matter. We'll be here long after the prima donnas have found their next meal ticket.
So, if anyone wants to bring a banner, bring it. If it upsets the poor darlings, well, maybe that's for the good!

Offline Greg N'Ash

he's entitled to his opinion i guess. "Fuck off Dunne"would have been better imo

Offline WikiVilla

The stewards should not be taking down genuine banners from Villa fans

Offline Billy Walker

you dont represent me, you dont represent most around me, your influence was broadcast round the nation and we seem more fickle than ever!
thanks for your input!

I agree with this.  I'll also ask how does booing at half time lift the team, how does loud tutting help our young players when they misplace a pass or make a mistake and how does chanting "you don't know what you're doing" help the team with fifteen minutes to go?

I've been to Villa Park a few times when the atmosphere has been poisonous - at such times it's a wretched place to be and we never win.  It's time to draw a line in the sand and get behind the club over these next eight games.  Leave the poison for the end of the season when the final ball has been kicked.  Fans have a role to play in a team's performance: get behind the club, get behind the team and lift the club up. Keep things positive or we will be in  danger of talking ourselves down. 

I'm sure the Wolves folk would have seen the banner, smelt the atmosphere and rubbed their hands.  Not only that but the press will have picked up on it and will continue the shit-stirring and boat rocking. 

When things aren't going Aston Villa's way we have got to support, we have got to be positive and we  have got to battle.  Those are the qualities needed to win football matches - qualities that the banner, in my opinion, lacked in spades.

Offline mjlions

• GM : 02.07.2024
thanks for your input!

ToI agree with this.  I'll also ask how does booing at half time lift the team, how does loud tutting help our young players when they misplace a pass or make a mistake and how does chanting "you don't know what you're doing" help the team with fifteen minutes to go?

I've been to Villa Park a few times when the atmosphere has been poisonous - at such times it's a wretched place to be and we never win.  It's time to draw a line in the sand and get behind the club over these next eight games.  Leave the poison for the end of the season when the final ball has been kicked.  Fans have a role to play in a team's performance: get behind the club, get behind the team and lift the club up. Keep things positive or we will be in  danger of talking ourselves down. 

I'm sure the Wolves folk would have seen the banner, smelt the atmosphere and rubbed their hands.  Not only that but the press will have picked up on it and will continue the shit-stirring and boat rocking. 

When things aren't going Aston Villa's way we have got to support, we have got to be positive and we  have got to battle.  Those are the qualities needed to win football matches - qualities that the banner, in my opinion, lacked in spades.

Totally agree lets leave the post mortems until the season is over and in the meantime just get behind the team we are after all in this together

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:23:09 PM by mjlions »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal