collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:22:28 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by Astnor
[Today at 09:04:02 AM]

Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Drummond
[Today at 08:55:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How many points for safety ?  (Read 10997 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: How many points for safety ?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 10:54:40 PM »
We're 12th in the current form table, over the last 6 games. So although we've all decided that we're rubbish again after yesterday there are 8 clubs even worse at the moment.

Things are not looking good for Blackpool, Blackburn and Wigan if we use that as a guide.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
43 should do it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 11:10:49 PM »
Had a go with the predictor...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

West Brom to only gain two more points given the good run they've had under Hodgson? Really?

Wigan, given how random they are, to gain just one more point this season really?

Manure, given how shite they are away from home, to just drop just 3 more points for the rest of he season? Really?

That's the thing with doing these points predictions, invariably you just keep on giving the top teams wins which result in ridiculously high points tallies and the bottom teams really low tallies. I mean Liverpool are playing better but they did get turned over at West Ham last week so them to finish on 62 points?!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 11:13:33 PM »
SHQ all the teams we have to play are all capable of getting results, there is so little to choose between them, I guess the league proves that. Telegraph on sat showed a chart , this is the lowest points gap (7)  10th to bottom at the begining of March since the prem started, Wigan on 27 points would not have been in the bottom 3 in the last 15 seasons, so i guess that means the points to stay up is going to be high, the record number of points to be relegated is 42.

I know but  I just can't see how we won't get at least another 10 points on the board, just from the home games. We were worse in January and beat Man. City and Wigan then.

There are so many variables that can happen. We could play Newcastle without Tiote and Noland so with a limited strikeforce you'd expect us to win that. Stoke are shite away and should be safe when we play them so another you'd expect to win etc.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 11:26:45 PM »
I would just like the occasional Saturday evening where my family aren't too frightened to talk to me.

Put away the gimp mask and gaffer tape then, that ought to do it.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2011, 12:26:17 AM »
SHQ all the teams we have to play are all capable of getting results, there is so little to choose between them, I guess the league proves that. Telegraph on sat showed a chart , this is the lowest points gap (7)  10th to bottom at the begining of March since the prem started, Wigan on 27 points would not have been in the bottom 3 in the last 15 seasons, so i guess that means the points to stay up is going to be high, the record number of points to be relegated is 42.

There are so many variables that can happen. We could play Newcastle without Tiote and Noland so with a limited strikeforce you'd expect us to win that. Stoke are shite away and should be safe when we play them so another you'd expect to win etc.

That's true but by that reasoning we could play either of those two, plus any other game you'd care to mention, without Downing/Ash/Bent and/or Collins/Dunne/Clark.  Making said games even harder to win than they already will be.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:28:19 AM by Holtenderinthesky »

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2011, 08:00:34 AM »
10 more, at least.

How?  I hope Houllier knows.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal