collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% villa- Rooney escapes any ban!  (Read 19324 times)

Offline mikeb1982

Re: 0% villa- Rooney escapes any ban!
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »
Amazingly Clattenburg said he dealt with the foul correctly,so the F.A cant do anything. So he should be taken off the Premier league list for a while and made to ref in the Blue Square for a while.

Isnt he our ref on Wed?

May work for us, since he clearly favours man ure he might want to fuck city over

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »
The FA again brings the game into disrepute- shocking

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »
I thought Fergie was brilliant yesterday with his claims of how the media would go out of their way to attack Rooney. Killed the story instantly. The fact is Rooney should have been banned but you just knew it was never going to happen. Different rules.

Spot on. And in this instance, I suspect that any decision that Clattenburg had to make after the incident was taken away from him by people higher up the food chain.

The part of this disgraceful episode which really wants me to puke is the way Clattenberg puts his arm around Rooney.   You can bet your mortgage that he called him Wayne.   

There is a lot to be said for all the clubs to voting on the continued Premiership status of officials.   The "top" referees constantly seek the approval of the top four clubs and top four players.   It would soon wipe the smile off Clattenberg's face if he thought Wigan were going to black ball him.

Before the Carling Cup Final, after the coin-toss, Stephen Carr shook the hands of the officials in a gentlemanly manner. I know, I was surprised too). Robert Van Persie, on the other hand, practically high-fived them. OK, he didn't, but he did that modern matey version of the handshake where your hand and fingers point upwards and lock thumbs rather than grip each other's fingers. I was amazed they didn't go the whole hog and lean in for a chest bump.

The "top referees" officiate over the "big sides" so much, maybe we have to accept their over-familiarity, intended or otherwise.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »
Whelan at Wigan has said that Man Utd basically run the FA and the bigwigs there are terrified of them.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
I wouldn't mind Golloway appealling against the sending off of DJ Campbell now. He can state the Rooney case as precedent that the refs decision was wrong and he didn't take the appropriate action on the pitch as set down by a senior ref and his chief.

4 or 5 years ago the ref saw the Ben Thatcher assault on Mendes and his decision was over ridden by the FA. I will admit that that was alot worse due to the momentum of Thatcher but if McCarthy had turned his face at the wrong time it could easily have led to a fractured cheek or eye socket.

TBH the refs have been scared of offending Alex since the one gave a penalty against Manure at OT and never reffed them again for about 3 years. And the FA are scared that he will withdraw his players from the England setup when they need Rooney and and ilk to get the advertisers millions.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »
I wouldn't mind Golloway appealling against the sending off of DJ Campbell now. He can state the Rooney case as precedent that the refs decision was wrong and he didn't take the appropriate action on the pitch as set down by a senior ref and his chief.

4 or 5 years ago the ref saw the Ben Thatcher assault on Mendes and his decision was over ridden by the FA. I will admit that that was alot worse due to the momentum of Thatcher but if McCarthy had turned his face at the wrong time it could easily have led to a fractured cheek or eye socket.

TBH the refs have been scared of offending Alex since the one gave a penalty against Manure at OT and never reffed them again for about 3 years. And the FA are scared that he will withdraw his players from the England setup when they need Rooney and and ilk to get the advertisers millions.

Absolutley correct

Makes me wonder why the fuck should we bother

Offline mal

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »
Mal, how you can say 6 of one and half a dozen of the other is incredible - of course Rooney is the guilty party- and as for dj Campbell it was the most clear sending off you could imagine , raise your hands to a players face and you are off - get real mal!

This is clearly NOT TRUE. The Wigan player has no business trying to block Shrek off - he leans in to him raising his shoulder before Shrek fends him off with the forearm smash. Clattenberg has seen it and clearly decides it's six of one and half dozen of the other. That's all folks. Better refereeing than the DJ Campbell sending off when Stearman should have at the very least been booked if Campbellwas getting a red. In the terms of the game a last warning for both players was enough.

I take it you are kidding? Have you seen it?

I suggest you watch the video.  McCarthy at between 1:20 and 1:22 has a look at where Rooney is - he then puts out his left arm and leans into Rooney at the last second to block him off, off the ball. This would be a clear foul. Rooney in what in the best light could be a reflexive self protective gesture raises his arm and jumps out of the shoulder  to shoulder contact.
Clattenburg at approx. 1:04 kahes a two handed side to side gesture to an unseen Wigan player AFTER he has spoken to Rooney. It is in my opinion an unambiguous 'six of one and half dozen of the other' gesture. If he saw it and that is how he saw it then no other action would be necessary. I loathe Man Ure and detest Shrek and I'm not fond of Clattenburg but on this occasion he got it right in my opinion and were say Simon Davies and James Vaughan involved no-one would have even noticed.

As for Campbell, he is fouled on three separate occasions and pushes the player away. Stearman has benefitted from cheating as indeed McCarthy would have had Rooney been shown the red card most people seem to believe he should have had. A straight red card for pushing a player away might be the letter of the law but is too harsh a punishment for a trivial offence, and on many occasions does not result in a red card. Swarbrick in my opinion does not serve natural justice by sending off Campbell - two yellow cards would have though. One might be tenpted to say that Clattenburg would have avoided all controversy by giving out the same punishment.

http://tinyurl.com/6hkf5ps

Offline eastie

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »
Totally disagree on both counts mal and I've seen the replays many times- both Rooney and dj Campbell were guilty of violent conduct and should be punished with straight reds, they both made contact and should both have gone off ! I cannot see how you could possibly say neither should have gone - total bollocks!

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »
I have to disagree aswell mal.
Mccarthy blocks him off, foul , free kick to manure. Rooney sticks his help into his face, red card. If he had given the free kick to Man Utd you have a point, the fact is he gave it to Wigan so he "see's" it as a foul and not 6 of one and half a dozen to the other. You see he does not see it in the reply showing he's following the ball

DJ Campbell puts his hand in Stearmans face straightforeward red card, Stearman has fouled him and the ref may have seen it and even given a free kick. I think he should also have booked Stearman for his part in the foul

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
Mal is right, the Wigan player clearly moves to try to block Rooney. However, I still believe that Rooney's reaction is violent conduct, shoving an elbow in the other bloke's face is not the only possible reaction, he could just as easily have run round him.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
How often do we debate why these sort of decisions go AGAINST Man U (or Arse or Chelsea or Liverpool)? No I couldn't think of many either.

Offline eastie

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
Mal is right, the Wigan player clearly moves to try to block Rooney. However, I still believe that Rooney's reaction is violent conduct, shoving an elbow in the other bloke's face is not the only possible reaction, he could just as easily have run round him.

whether mccarthy obstructed him is not the question here, its violent conduct from rooney and a straight red , as regards campbell he raised both hands and pushed stearman in the face -totally indefensible.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »

whether mccarthy obstructed him is not the question here, its violent conduct from rooney...

Isn't that just what I posted?

Offline eastie

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »

whether mccarthy obstructed him is not the question here, its violent conduct from rooney...

Isn't that just what I posted?

yes chris, im just saying that mal seems to think obstruction by one and an elbow in the head by another are 6 of one and half a dozen of the other , which clearly is not correct. whether rooney was obstructed or not is immaterial to the fact he retaliated in a violent manner, we are in agreement chris.

Offline nadz3488

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
Are they just scared to do it though? We hear about this all these double standards crap towards the big teams all the time but no one's doing anything about it.  Rooney should have got the 3/5 match ban end of.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal