collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 134750 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Gabby Agbonlahor
« Reply #645 on: September 04, 2020, 07:32:22 PM »
then he decided to be the big man and that was the beginning of the end....

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #646 on: September 04, 2020, 07:58:00 PM »
He could have buggered off five years before he did, and he'd still be our record Premier League signing and the memory of him would be a lot less tarnished.

Why he got a new 3 year contract when he was obviously past it I'll never know. Paul lambert got one at about the same time which was equally silly.

That was a huge mistake. Think we started that season ok and the board made some desperate decisions as a result.

Gabby had a burst of form on the left wing in 12/13 and start of 13/14 where he was outstanding and was called into the England setup (if I recall rightly he didn't bother showing up). After that he stole a living at the clubs expense until his retirement.

i think he liked playing off a big man, all his good performances were alongside Carew or Benteke.

In his younger days he led the line brilliantly at times by himself, Arsenal and Man United away, cup final again v Man United come to mind. Never got the required consistent goal return though. Even at his best his footballing ability was quite limited though but his pace was frightening. Why he decided to bulk up to an extreme amount, against MONs wishes, is anyone's guess.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #647 on: September 04, 2020, 08:14:45 PM »
He could have buggered off five years before he did, and he'd still be our record Premier League signing and the memory of him would be a lot less tarnished.

Why he got a new 3 year contract when he was obviously past it I'll never know. Paul lambert got one at about the same time which was equally silly.

That was a huge mistake. Think we started that season ok and the board made some desperate decisions as a result.

Gabby had a burst of form on the left wing in 12/13 and start of 13/14 where he was outstanding and was called into the England setup (if I recall rightly he didn't bother showing up). After that he stole a living at the clubs expense until his retirement.

i think he liked playing off a big man, all his good performances were alongside Carew or Benteke.

He looked really good at the very start coming inside off the wing, with him and Luke Moore either side of Angel.

Admittedly, only lasted about six weeks.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #648 on: September 04, 2020, 08:24:30 PM »

He looked really good at the very start coming inside off the wing, with him and Luke Moore either side of Angel.

Admittedly, only lasted about six weeks.

that trio looked great for a while and was more like the shape we want to be playing now with 2 strikers playing either side of someone playing as a 10/false 9.

Offline dave17

« Reply #649 on: September 06, 2020, 07:43:57 AM »
It’s funny he scored against the great unwashed so often. But largely forgettable. And large at the end.

Offline dave17

« Reply #650 on: September 06, 2020, 07:45:42 AM »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #651 on: September 06, 2020, 07:56:29 AM »

Offline dave17

« Reply #652 on: September 06, 2020, 08:02:53 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULt0WyXabvU
He is going to have a hell of a problem living that down.
https://www.sixfiguresofficial.com/ his fashion brand...it got worse

How’s Chicago? Is the globe trying to show the games? Nyc is a bit of mess right now. As for the football peacock won’t stream via Roku or amazon fire which is a pain (previously nbc gold was a steal at $50 a year but they’ve now got into an argument with amazon and roku on royalties).

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #653 on: September 06, 2020, 09:01:21 AM »

https://www.sixfiguresofficial.com/ his fashion brand...it got worse

[/quote]

Nice. I wonder if the models were deliberately told to mimic the same brooding but gormless pout that Gabby perfected.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #654 on: October 01, 2020, 09:12:13 AM »
Haha

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Gabriel Agbonlahor
@officialga11
Can you give villa the same energy you give Leeds during commentary pls @SkySports thanks 👍🏾
10:22 PM · Sep 30, 2020

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #655 on: October 01, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »
I've just posted this on the Leeds thread: ' If he keeps going like this I might just change my mind'.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #656 on: October 01, 2020, 01:18:03 PM »
I'm not on Twitter, but someone tell him to pour white wine on it.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #657 on: October 02, 2020, 10:11:22 AM »
Why's it called 6 figures? A tribute to his Villa salary for bankrolling it? The number of minutes between scoring in his last 3 seasons?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #658 on: October 02, 2020, 11:09:37 AM »
Why's it called 6 figures? A tribute to his Villa salary for bankrolling it? The number of minutes between scoring in his last 3 seasons?
He couldn't spell fingers.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #659 on: October 05, 2020, 09:25:15 AM »
I've just put SSN on and notice from the strap across the bottom that Gabby will be in the studio this afternoon on the transfer fest.  I hope he shoves it up 'em.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal