collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 136568 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Gabby's future
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Being rested for Wednesday.

Bradley and Bannan to come in alongside NRC, is what I predict.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:16 PM »
when GH told/asked Gabby to lay off the weights and trim down a bit, Gabby said no....basically

that sealed gabby's fate imo

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
There will be rotation.

But when you spend £18 million rising to £24 million on a player, he's unlikely to be one of those who drops out, short of enforced absences such as injury/ suspension.

I don't know, I can't see Randy putting any pressure on Hotlips to play Bent every game, so if he wants to rotate him, he will.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2011, 11:26:11 PM »
when GH told/asked Gabby to lay off the weights and trim down a bit, Gabby said no....basically

that sealed gabby's fate imo

That was ages ago he's played quite a few times since

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 12:09:06 AM »
He is just not good enough. I can't fault his workrate but that counts for nothing when you don't have the ability. It wouldn't surprise me if he does get shipped out.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Other
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 12:43:47 AM »
I think we should buy Odewingwe to play alongside Bent. Gabby can be our Solsjkaer, big clubs need rotation options. 4-4-2 is the future. England will never drop Rooney so if Bent wants international football he needs to learn how to play two up front. Bent+Odemwingwe (with Gabby as impact sub)= loads of goals.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 04:28:45 AM »
Bit worried for Gabby. Cannot see where Houllier is going to play him. He has not got the ability to play behind Bent, and he is shit on the wing ???

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 04:59:32 AM »
I'd be worried about him too really. Thought he was excellent last season for us. 16 goals, superb performance in Carling Cup final too. He was a MON type player and ever since he left he hasn't been the same player. I really thought as a lone striker he had the makings of a good one while possibly becoming a 20 goal a season man.

He has had an injury plagued season but his head hasn't been right either. He hasn't tried a leg at times, Blackburn away for one. Definitely has too much weight on him and hasn't looked happy. Wonder if he has personal problems.

With Bent as number one, gabby will have some job to get that place back. He is utterly shite on the wing but away from home his pace is certainly an attribute. Thought he had an excellent first half at Blackpool. Whatever about Bent, gabby can't play with anyone up front either. A tricky one to figure out really.

Wouldn't mind the Fonz heading out on loan somewhere. Hard to know how many chances he will get considering our formation at present. I genuinely think he will score goals if given a chance

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 09:09:42 AM »
You will all eat your words when Gabby nets a couple on Wednesday.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
Bit worried for Gabby. Cannot see where Houllier is going to play him. He has not got the ability to play behind Bent, and he is shit on the wing ???
I thought Houllier's mentioning of the bench's positive reaction to yesterday's goals was telling. Assuming Gabby was one of those reacting positively, I think and hope we'll see him start on Wednesday.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
I think we might see a lot of this type of thread until we all get used to the manager's rotation policy.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
I thought Houllier's mentioning of the bench's positive reaction to yesterday's goals was telling. Assuming Gabby was one of those reacting positively, I think and hope we'll see him start on Wednesday.

Gabby looked happy enough on the bench yesterday, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »
Silly thread, he's our player with a new long term contract, he will get games just not every week, he is needed to keep bent on his toes if nothing else

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
Gabby didn't look happy when he picked Heskey to come off the bench instead of him yesterday.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
I think we might see a lot of this type of thread until we all get used to the manager's rotation policy.
Agreed  - there seems to be a large amount of unsubstantiated stuff above articulated as ITK.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal