collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stoke game - first time for wife and kids  (Read 17048 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Stoke game - first time for wife and kids
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 11:04:43 AM »
last time I was in the Holte, this bloke came up to me and said "I've seen photos of you on the web, You're Bad English" I think he wanted five pounds. Went by the name of 'Deej' or something. ;-)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

Change your booking to these seats.

They are front row with a panoramic view of the ground, the pitch and the Holte, ideal for making an impression on first time visitors, avoid the stairs and take the lift, it's all good.
Ah, bugger! I would have liked that (as I will have my new camera with me: good vantage point for pics). I could phone up, or just leave it at the Holte for this time (already paid online two days ago).

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
Holte Lower's a good choice, BE. Look forward to seeing you in the Holte Suite at half time and/or in the Barton's.
I'm 90% certain to be going to the Bartons after the game.

Also, as a "France Lions" member do I get into the Holte Suite for free and is it worth going in before the game. What's it like? I don't want to subject the family to an hour of it being rammed with me necking pints and saying "Er, good this ain't it girls?"

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28:13 AM »
This thread just won't die: Brackley got my tastebuds going by telling me about the front row seats in A1 A, so I've just phoned up and changed my tickets.

I know all the pints were pre-ordered, but you can buy them for me in the Bartons. ;-)

Thanks to all who have made this thread what it is.

View from A1 here: yay!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:30:45 AM by Bad Bent English »

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »

Also, as a "France Lions" member do I get into the Holte Suite for free and is it worth going in before the game. What's it like? I don't want to subject the family to an hour of it being rammed with me necking pints and saying "Er, good this ain't it girls?"

You can get in as a Lions club member but you will have to pay.  You'd also need cards for Mrs BE and the girls. 

The Holte Suite is great.  No problems at all (except for a few young kids running wild before the Fulham game and the heavies had to be brought in).

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »
I did a fantastic job of convincing all of my family that supporting Aston Villa would be a wonderful thing. The secret? Pick an easily winnable home game.

Mrs deej's first game (one of our first dates, in fact)

23/4/1991: Aston Villa 1 Manchester City 5

Our daughter's first game:

03/05/2008: Aston Villa 0 Wigan 2

Our son's first game

15/08/09: Aston Villa 0 Wigan 2

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
You can get in as a Lions club member but you will have to pay.  You'd also need cards for Mrs BE and the girls. 

TimVilla to the thread please. Mrs BE is a member of Villa Ladies and has her card. I'll have to apply for the two girls to become "France Lions" like me.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 04:08:23 PM »

That's what it says on the Stoke page on the ticket site.

It must be bollocks because I can get B1 Row 15 seats 9-12 together if I put them in the basket?

Decisions, decisions. Now looking at Trinity B1 or Holte Lower (L4 perhaps). What shall I do?

I'd go into L4 it's a good view and the steward is very good in that block. Plus i'm in L4 so you'll be with good company, I'm not blowing my own trumpet i'm just being honest.  :P

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 04:14:02 PM »
This thread just won't die: Brackley got my tastebuds going by telling me about the front row seats in A1 A, so I've just phoned up and changed my tickets.

I know all the pints were pre-ordered, but you can buy them for me in the Bartons. ;-)

Thanks to all who have made this thread what it is.

View from A1 here: yay!

Near me ..... it's a great view and far better for a family affair !

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »

The Holte Suite is great.  No problems at all (except for a few young kids running wild before the Fulham game and the heavies had to be brought in).

Agreed - it's an excellent facility, but you really need to be there an hour before kick-off if you want to get seats, particularly if there's a group of you. Cost is £3 without or £4 with a match programme. Food is very good (roast, pie or curry, generous portions), but the beer's insipid and fizzy and the wine overpriced. I think they may sell lager as well.

Offline villajk

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »

TimVilla to the thread please. Mrs BE is a member of Villa Ladies and has her card. I'll have to apply for the two girls to become "France Lions" like me.

I can let you have two Knowle and Dorridge Lions club cards (obviously the girls would have to go through the process ;-)) if you like.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 05:55:00 PM by villajk »

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
last time I was in the Holte, this bloke came up to me and said "I've seen photos of you on the web, You're Bad English" I think he wanted five pounds. Went by the name of 'Deej' or something. ;-)

That's the first and only time I've been in the Lower Holte for a first team game since redevelopment. I also got to meet BE snr.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
SHQ: you remembered that this happened to me before after booking a flight, didn't you? Not to worry, if it gets pushed to Sunday, we're OK this time, as we're flying to NYC from BHX on the Monday morning and will be around all weekend.
The TV games for April have been chosen and, somewhat surprisingly, Villa - Stoke isn't one of them

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »

I can let you have two Knowle and Dorridge Lions club cards (obviously the girls would have to go through the process ;-)) if you like.

You can use my membership card, Darren.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2011, 07:25:25 PM »
Don't worry about the half time beer. No entrance fee and you can stop on our table.
Take your pick on the food re Bartons. Great pre match tucker but if you are up after, and want more of the Villa experience, then leave it until then.

It is good fun pre match mind. Not in a rude, gobby football way. More semi pissed but erudite!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal