collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blackpool v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 69427 times)

Offline koreanmeatballs

Re: Blackpool v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »
GT MKII season is exactly like this one. We won two on the bounce in the Christmas period but were awful for the rest of the season and had to rely on Kevin Kyle missing a sitter and Marcus Allback keeping us up. This is going to go the same way.

It is and has been a truly atrocious season.

What exactly does this manager want from the team I will never know. Don't want to call for his head but what is he trying to achieve? That performance was horrendous, he is in charge of that. Wait for the 'I'm pleased with effort and the character' bollocks we should beat teams like that, no excuses. We have to go to West Brom and West Ham, any body see us having the bottle to beat them?

Can't wait to get this season done with.

Offline glasses

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
What is the obsession with wingers coming inside.
I'm getting fucked off with that.
Not enough crosses from the bye line.
It was infuriating today like I said in my post, Bent needs service, if he has to make three separate movements away from his marker before a ball is played towards him, he isnt going to score. Although Heskey battled well when he came on, there was still no goal threat.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
To be fair, it's not Houlliers fault we couldn't convert a series of great chances. However he needs to sort the defence.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »
I know GH says he isn't quite ready, but Bannan has to play. Today, again, we lacked zip and edge in the centre of the field, and he's pretty much our only player who can provide that without doing loads of stupid stuff like Ash does. As it is, we just end up with the ball on the wing, the cross into the box (invariably poor), and it's like watching infuriating MON-ball all over again.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
What an absolutely disgraceful performance, not least by Young, wearing the captain's armband. I hope that we unload this childish, over-rated, petulant, cheating player as soon as the next transfer period opens. I am ashamed to support a team that considers him worth a pay-packet of any denomination. let alone what Villa are paying him.

Bollocks, still one of our best players but needs to be played purely on the wing.

He's definitely one of our best players.

If only he'd cut out

1. The petulance.
2. The hitting the deck at every opportunity
3. The fannying around with the ball when he should be getting it into the box.
And the fucking ski-suit and inflatable lifeboat he wears under his kit.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:31 PM »
did we have a plan today ??

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »
The Young bashing reminds me of my first visit at Villa park.

"I wish I saw a Villa player score at Holte End" after Villa attacked Holte End first half.

I love Young - and his (x) (x=name all your negatives here) are actually helping the TEAM

Offline ez

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 05:08:02 PM »
We had a good transfer window. Why are we still crap? Can't believe it

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
To be fair, it's not Houlliers fault we couldn't convert a series of great chances. However he needs to sort the defence.
He has had five and a half months to do that 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
3 points off 18th, 3 points off 8th. Crazy
What do you win for 8th ?

You win the same for coming 2nd through 20th. Which is nothing. However, it is still utterly bizarre that despite everything, and how the last two weeks have been naff, we are still 3 points off 8th. This thing is going down the wire, and the "lucky" thing for us, is we still play all of the teams around us.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »
Apart from their goal which was down to atrocious marking thought we dominated them first half, nice through ball several times from Makoun, one for Bent to shoot, then the one Bent laid off for Gabby to dribble on and score.
Second half, thought Makoun was a little unlucky to be sent off, but all the games he's played he's done something similar, this time it was Webb and red card. Thought we then held on fairly easily, and with luck and another ref, might have got a penalty. Thought Young and Coker did well when Makoun went off, can't see how Bradley is better than any of our kids, but maybe time will tell. Defence under pressure coped easily enough, don't remember Friedel being bothered much when we were down to 10 men.
A poor result nevertheless, against a side on such a bad run, especially as the competition around us including Blues did ok. Time for the knife sharpeners to be brought out of the draws perhaps.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
Blackburn up next, Bolton away then Wolves.

Its gonna be horrible horrible horrible

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 05:11:14 PM »
What an absolutely disgraceful performance, not least by Young, wearing the captain's armband. I hope that we unload this childish, over-rated, petulant, cheating player as soon as the next transfer period opens. I am ashamed to support a team that considers him worth a pay-packet of any denomination. let alone what Villa are paying him.

Bollocks, still one of our best players but needs to be played purely on the wing.

Cobblers.
Cobblers is saying that you're ashamed to support a  club that has him in the team.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »
hapless among the hopeless...again!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »
Pathetic.

Blackpool were there for the taking. Why do we keep conceding goals shortly after we score?

I thought we were meant to be climbing the table after the great wins against City and Wigan - those were gutsy wins. We got the job done - why are we reverting back to our old ways?

Just really annoying.

We have to beat Blackburn otherwise it's going to start to get worrying again.

lol @ the Young bashing. Grow up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal