collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are We Enjoying Ourselves?  (Read 10568 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Are We Enjoying Ourselves?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
I remember it was quite enjoyable to see us beat the Manchester United of Law, Charlton, Best 2-1 in 1966. My Dad had been taking us down a few months then and it had been mainly rubbish, we still got relegated the end of the season of course. By and large since its been rubbish, I havent enjoyed it and dont know why I have kept going for the last 45 years.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
I refer the right honourable gentleman to the first H+V of last season for my views.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
Rotterdam :)

All games are enjoyable really, some are just very frustrating

Offline vilan461

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
ive gone for Man Citeh---although i have to say i dont really feel comfortable unless we have a 3 goal cushion!which is such a rare occourence,  so really i suppose its West Ham the opening game of the season,
  we just dont seem to be able to hold a blinking lead, Stoke 2 seasons ago really annoyed me,and i blooming dread the last 10 minutes which is when we seem to concede a lot of goals,i really disapprove of this sitting back inviting teams to come onto us,our wobbly defence can only make so many last ditch tackles successfully,and theres only so much pressure it can soak up,---the Brighton game last season did my head in!!!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »
The Man City game was occasional reminder that, yes it's worth every miserable occasion you endure when you get a result like that.

Apart from that, I always enjoy the social aspect before and after games. The only time I don't enjoy away games is if we don't beat SHA or some twat or twats do their best to spoil your afternoon.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
Fulham left me thinking "two points dropped"

Blackburn would have been enjoyable but for a neolithic inbred cretin and his spray-tanned missus who must also have been his sister sat in front of me who insisted on standing up at random intervals. I asked him to sit down and got everything back from "You ent a proppa fan, you ent evun gorra shirt on!" *show Villa shirt under coat* "Ahh Acorns, doesn't count!" to "Fuck off you fat ******!" *insert appropriate response from me* "Dont you fucking swear in front of my daughter you fat ******!".   I got the pair of 'em moved by the stewards but not before some other relative of theirs decided to come and have a pop at me for "neurly gettin his bruvva an sista-in lore frown out!" By this time my piss was way past boiling point and how I kept my responses merely verbal will probably cost me an aneurysm or two in the near future. C'mon people, the law that says brother and sister should not have sex together isn't just there to spoil your fun!

And breathe.

Man Citeh was good from a result perspective but not from a stress perspective. I came away from that one wound up tighter than a 10 bob watch spring.

Sunderland? Are you having a laugh? Bitter cold and a loss.

Spurs? Listening to those wankers singing "10 men, we only had 10 men" at the end was about as enjoyable as dangling my knackers into a vat of nitric acid while being anally fisted by an insane one-legged hunchback called "Wolfgang"

Baggies? I couldnt remember the score so I had to check on Pravda. That's how much of an impact that game had on me (and yes, I was there, I am a season ticket holder. Somebody would have to die for me to miss a home game).

Arsenal? Oh yeah, I love watching us get stuffed. Brings out the secret masochist in me. And Wolfgang!

After thinking long and hard the last match I can genuinely say that I enjoyed attending would have been West Ham at the start of the season. We gave them a good tonking, we played some of the best football i've seen us play, looked totally at ease and I was still under the delusion that the Jimmy Milner deal would fall through. Came away with a big grin on my face, glowing with loads of new season optimism.  Oh, if only i'd had a working crystal ball. :(

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 12:36:02 PM »
Stoke 2 seasons ago really annoyed me

I vivdly remember standing in the queue for the train at Witton sending abusive messages to the post match thread.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »
The 2-2 with ManUre earlier this season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 12:47:32 PM »
Probably man u at home  was most enjoyable ,  but I find unless we are 3 goals ahead I can never really fold my arms and relax- huge sense of pride after the man city game but not enjoyable during the game.

Same here!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »
Really enjoyed the Ci£eh game and being there to see Bent's goal

Offline andyaston

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 01:16:23 PM »
Felt chuffed after the Man City game.

I enjoyed the first 20 minutes against Fulham, thought we played well but, we took our foot off the gas. Had a feeling that we wouldnt win it even when Walker scored with 19 minutes left because we just didnt settle. Clarke has had a good season but he lost the ball on both occassions before they scored.

Offline glasses

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
Nothing this season have I really enjoyed. 20 minutes of the Man Utd game this season I suppose. The League cup semi final home leg last season was the best feeling I have had coming away from a match in my Villa supporting history.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »
I'm generally pretty happy during the game as long as we're not losing. If we're ahead by a goal or more I'm happy to watch us try to defend that lead. I don't really relate to the fans who seem to think that attacking and increasing the lead is the only thing worth watching.

I loved the Man City game. Young and Downing were banging in good long range efforts, Bent got his goal, Barry was panto boo'd off after less than an hour and they only went close a couple of times. Most important, much more important than anything else, we won. 

Any win is great, a draw is usually OK and every defeat is horrible.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:21 PM »
The answer is 'no' !

The last time was West Ham, when we won convincingly only to see us falling apart at the seams as the season's gone on.

It has been the worst season at VP for a long time, so maybe MON was doing a decent job; albeit based on short term thinking with no 'plan B' and not many injuries to have to Manage around.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
West Ham for me as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal