collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where is the service???  (Read 18574 times)

Offline Holtenderinthesky

Re: Where is the service???
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »
Cannot see houllier going 442 , he is a man who likes the 433 and I think ash will go in the summer , as for gabby I think he will be mainly on the bench.

I would use albrighton and downing out wide supporting bent and providing the ammunition, with makoun holding in midfield alongside Bradley and bannan , who would provide creative flair.

I like the idea in theory but there is one snag......Bradley has never played a single Premier League game!  He seems to be banded about as the answer to our woes but to suggest that he will form part of a midfield 3 NEXT season (if that's what you meant by the omission of AY)when he is only on loan until May is a bit OTT at the moment.  I hope you are right and he IS the answer but let's see him play first.  As I say, I agree with that team in principle but let's see what he can do before piling the pressure on him.

Offline eastie

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »
True, but Bradley is an experienced international who has played in 2 European leagues already and  we do have an option to buy him in the summer, I have no doubt he will improve the side immensely .

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
True, but Bradley is an experienced international who has played in 2 European leagues already and  we do have an option to buy him in the summer, I have no doubt he will improve the side immensely .

I so hope you are right, that'd be brilliant.  Is there no place for Delph then?

Offline eastie

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
Houllier has always liked to rotate and I'm sure delph would get his fair share of games as would gabby and the other squad players, the days of a first Choice regular 11 are dated to a degree and I'm sure he will utilise his squad .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:35:32 PM by eastie »

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »
There were one or two times that the ball was nearly there if Bent had got on the end this thread wouldn't be here.

I think Downing was one of our better players today but I agree I don't like Agbonlahor on the wing or young in the hole

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »
There were one or two times that the ball was nearly there if Bent had got on the end this thread wouldn't be here.

Yes but that's the point of the thread.  Bent didn't get on the end of them because they were overhit;  Hence, poor service. 

Offline eastie

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
I think downing was our best player today , there were some wayward crosses but it was also very windy and that may have contributed as walker got in some great positions but overhit the ball, the end product today from ash and gabby was extremely poor .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:02:33 PM by eastie »

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2011, 09:10:28 PM »
If the idea is to get Bent in Then A static 4-4-1-1 with both wide men not comfortable enough to play the ball first time with thier wrong foot and the support player Young unable to deliver the quick incisive pass. Neither of the 2 central midfield players running into space, our build up play is slow and predictable and very easy to snuff out

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2011, 09:15:24 PM »

Yes but that's the point of the thread.  Bent didn't get on the end of them because they were overhit;  Hence, poor service. 

If friedel had done his job we would have won 2-0, no-one would have said a word.

There may have been one or two mumblings, As I said before I'm also not a fan of Agbonlahor wide and Young in the middle.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »
Nightmare scenario is that Bents goals dry up playing for us.

Given the wingers we have and with creative players like Bannan and Bradley on our books, it would be tactical failure of mammoth proportions if Bent's goals were to dry up for us!

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »
And Walker is called to the England squad.... well done lad.

Offline yukmeezy

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Bannan could develop into our creative player , he is in the xavi Esq mold , though im pretty confident that if delph was utilized to play in an attacking role he would be immense , tbf he was always played as an attacking midfielder  at leeds however MON used his so called footballing brain and tried to play him as a defensive midfielder... idiot... 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
I think might do very well in a support role to Bent. He manages to get into tight spaces and creates a lot out of very little. He'll still play an important role this season.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »

I don't agree, Bent did not look sharp today, he was slow too react to every through ball.

I am a little worried, because he does absolutely nothing, he doesn't lead the line at all and has a terrible touch.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
Bent is an opportunist he isn't a hold up or fetch and carry player, he has scored twice in three games not bad for someone still getting to know his teammated. One thing worries me about Albrighton, when he first got his chance he was putting in quick low crosses into dangerous areas, that seems to have disappeared lately.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal