collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Premier League TV football choice 'upheld' by EU advice  (Read 11338 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Premier League TV football choice 'upheld' by EU advice
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 01:23:17 PM »
Whilst anything that's bad for Murdoch is good news to me, I'd worry that the 'big' clubs, on receipt of a reduced offer from Sky, would push for the abandonment of the collective negotiation principle and do their own deals.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 01:32:53 PM »
http://bulsat.com/tv.php

148 BGN (~ 65GBP) equipment + 16 BGN (~7GBP) monthly for the package that gets both channels showing premiership football (Diema and Nova Sport). You get 6 PL games per weekend + FA cup games (don't know how many) + you get between 4-6 CL games in CL weeks plus UEFA cup games. (plus quite a lot of other stuff like Spanish primera, Bundesliga, Russian top division may be italy too etc.)

Even I would be tempted.

Of course what woyuld happen is that Sky would become the EUROPEAN broadcasters and there would be limited (if any) reselling to other broadcasters.

I think there's money to be made buying the kit locally Tsvet and bringing over to Birmingahm and re-selling!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:35:54 PM by Mac »

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
A victory for the common man.

Without tthinking too deeply on it, I hope this is the beginning of the end for Sky and their huge influence on the game.

Its probably not though.

It's still Sky who provide all the content.

Offline johncvilla88

• Personal Website
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »
Hopefully Virgin Media are exploring getting hold of Nova sports carrier rights and have it for next year's premier league matches for a lot cheap!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:43:21 PM by johncvilla88 »

Offline eastie

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
So if I have sky , how do I go about getting this instead, anyone local who fits decoder etc and will I need a new dish? What sort of monthly cost and installation cost ?

Paying sky £80 a month at the moment so I am interested to switch.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
So if I have sky , how do I go about getting this instead, anyone local who fits decoder etc and will I need a new dish? What sort of monthly cost and installation cost ?

Paying sky £80 a month at the moment so I am interested to switch.
You could use your SKY dish,but it have to face in a different direction.A dish that moves is the way to go.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »
Maybe if Sky did'nt charge pubs and clubs so bloody much then they would'nt have to do what they're doing.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »
Whilst anything that's bad for Murdoch is good news to me, I'd worry that the 'big' clubs, on receipt of a reduced offer from Sky, would push for the abandonment of the collective negotiation principle and do their own deals.

That's the big fear for me. If we think it's all about the Sky 4 (5?) now wait til clubs are allowed to negotiate their own tv deal - the gap between the Champs League clubs and the rest will just expand tenfold. It's already happened in Spain - Real and Barca's tv income dwarves the 18 other clubs to such an embarassing degree that the relatively recent days of Valencia and Depor winning La Liga seem a fond and distant memory now, and are never likely to happen again.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
As i understand it the dish satelite set up is old technology, the increased telecom  band width that is around the corner will make it impossible for any TV co to control where there broadcasts are captured, internet streaming is allready having an impact and the days of a single broadcaster like sky controlling the transmission will soon be over. i have no idea how this will shake down.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
Good for the pub, landlord and pubgoers!

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 11:59:25 PM »
Just downloaded Nova sports and watched skysports 1 and ESPN simples ..........

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 12:11:29 AM »

That's the big fear for me. If we think it's all about the Sky 4 (5?) now wait til clubs are allowed to negotiate their own tv deal - the gap between the Champs League clubs and the rest will just expand tenfold. It's already happened in Spain - Real and Barca's tv income dwarves the 18 other clubs to such an embarassing degree that the relatively recent days of Valencia and Depor winning La Liga seem a fond and distant memory now, and are never likely to happen again.

Can't see the necessary 14 clubs voting for that.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:45 AM »

They might if the bullies say they're fucking off to Qatar with juve, Real madrid & Spurs etc

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 12:18:24 AM »

They might if the bullies say they're fucking off to Qatar with juve, Real madrid & Spurs etc

Hopefully they'd just say 'carry on'. I know I would.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 12:29:59 AM »
Me too. But they don't give the likes of you and me many seats on the board.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal