collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Ireland: Loan to Newcastle confirmed  (Read 55281 times)

Offline Muscle-Dolphin

Stephen Ireland: Loan to Newcastle confirmed
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
Apparently Ireland is undergoing a physical at Newcastle today.  Wouldn't a psychological assessment be more fitting?  Does anyone have any insight into Ireland's "problems" with respect to the Villans and the world in general?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:36:41 PM by Dave »

Offline mattjpa

Re: Stephen Ireland
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
cock.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 02:09:58 PM »
Apparently Ireland is undergoing a physical at Newcastle today.  Wouldn't a psychological assessment be more fitting?  Does anyone have any insight into Ireland's "problems" with respect to the Villans and the world in general?
No.......but I hope he does well for Newcastle as he is a very talented footballer. I wish things had worked out for him here as he would have made a big difference but things havnt for whatever reasons so time to move on. I am sure some of the problems are of Irelands "doing" ie attitude, not living in West Mids" etc but it never helped that Houiller didnt sign him and
does not appear to want him. In my opinion he hasnt been given much of a chance and he hasnt been played in his best position but im sure plenty will disagree with me

Offline villasjf

• GM : Sep, 10
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:16:12 PM »
He is what is worst about modern day footballers, he believes the hype and still believes he is as good as he was 2 seasons ago. Talent is a great thing but you must also put the work in for the team. From what little we have seen of him in a Villa shirt he is nowhere near a premier class footballer. Those episodes with Ireland (the country) and his alleged blatant lies about his grandmothers dying, when in fact his girlfriend had misscarried. his millionair lifestyle,etc.etc. Why oh Why did we sign him without having a manager in place and on £70,000 a week, very very strange.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
As I said in the transfer thread yesterday:

He is a busted flush, his career will now be on a downward trajectory, he will wind up at each new club (lower than the last) with a tale of woe (Oh Mancini, Houllier, Pardew etc didn't rate me) and how it wasn't his fault and how he wants to rebuild his career.... And then he will be the same lazy, useless, disinterested twat he has been for us for them and he will piss off to another even worse club after that.

It is a crying shame as when he ends up somewhere in League two or the lower echelons of the SPL in five or six years he will have been given the talent but not the mind. If he had the mind he would be one of the best players in the league. I don't know whether it makes me angry or sorry for him.   

If we had a thread on Aston Villa players as theatrical characters he would be a shoo in for Blanche Du Bois.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 02:35:55 PM »
No.......but I hope he does well for Newcastle as he is a very talented footballer. I wish things had worked out for him here as he would have made a big difference but things havnt for whatever reasons so time to move on. I am sure some of the problems are of Irelands "doing" ie attitude, not living in West Mids" etc but it never helped that Houiller didnt sign him and
does not appear to want him. In my opinion he hasnt been given much of a chance and he hasnt been played in his best position but im sure plenty will disagree with me

Totally agree Spangley.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »
hmmm don't recall hearing much about this deal, so is it loan or transfer?

(Please oh please let it be the latter)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »
Good riddance to the over hyped waste of space. He's taken the piss since he's been here, I hope he's just as much of a flop at Newcastle but at least he will be able to buy a few more pink cars.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »
hmmm don't recall hearing much about this deal, so is it loan or transfer?

(Please oh please let it be the latter)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9381428.stm

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
Twat of the first order - he was a makeweight in the Milner deal - not fit to lace Jimmys boots.

Good riddance you piss taking wanker.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
I'd still hope he could stay and get his shit together but if not, well, what a massive let down.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »

i agree with you. hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, but i question whether he was pressing for it either.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
The money whores at man shitty should take note,its all well and good taking huge amounts of money in the short term.Problem being that if they dont play regularily for whatever reason the game moves on without them.Take note one James Milner.See also Steve Sidwell.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 03:07:06 PM »

i agree with you. hasn't had a fair crack of the whip, but i question whether he was pressing for it either.

Well if your not playing then he can only impress in training with his attitude and commitment which I cant see that he has 

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »
I don't see what the guy wants from his football career?

If he feels he should be at a bigger club then he'd show it on the pitch

Why is going to Newcastle any better than staying here and knuckling down? does he think they're gonna build the side around him?

Its all very strange, and it sounds like a typical Newcastle medical if he can pass it despite being out with a knee injury for god knows how long

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal