collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 46430 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Manchester United v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
Hope we have a go at them,and not treat them with too much respect,i think with our attacking options we can trouble them.

Absolutely. We just need to believe.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
Think I read last night that Bradley won't be picked/ready for tonight's game but could feature on Saturday.

Yes think he needs his work permit through by saturday, which shouldn't be a problem by all accounts. Won't feature tonight though...so they say.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2011, 03:08:48 PM »
Think I read last night that Bradley won't be picked/ready for tonight's game but could feature on Saturday.

Yes think he needs his work permit through by saturday, which shouldn't be a problem by all accounts. Won't feature tonight though...so they say.
He has 50 international caps. More than qualifies for a permit. Probably already in the post ....

Offline lukey27

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »
Still surprises me that people when listing their preferred team omit Downing and many omit Petrov. For where we are now and how Downing, in particular, has played this year they'd both get in my first choice Villa eleven at the moment.

I think he'll play Albrighton and Young either side of Bent tonight with Downing, Petrov and Makoun [if fit] making up the rest of the midfield. Not a bad team at all and regardless of the result tonight we should have a very good rest of the season.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2011, 03:31:50 PM »
Still surprises me that people when listing their preferred team omit Downing and many omit Petrov. For where we are now and how Downing, in particular, has played this year they'd both get in my first choice Villa eleven at the moment.

I think he'll play Albrighton and Young either side of Bent tonight with Downing, Petrov and Makoun [if fit] making up the rest of the midfield. Not a bad team at all and regardless of the result tonight we should have a very good rest of the season.

I agree with all of this.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
Downing, yes. More often than not, he should start. Petrov, no. He would be cover until the end of the season for my money.
We have a genuine squad now and some players will have to miss out for tactical reasons.

Offline Crabman

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »
Really thinking about betting on a Villa win tonight, the odds are great.  Am i mad?

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
did we sell our allocation?    On the website it seems tickets are still available.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
4-4-1-1 ?

Friedl

Cuellar Collins Dunne Clark

Young Petrov NRC Downing

Heskey

Bent

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »
3-1 Utd, late consolation from Downing. If somebody had offered me 6 points from the last 3 games I would've ripped their hands off so I won't be too disappointed tonight.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »
Agreed. I hope that Villa have a really good go at them, without being naive defensively.  A defeat here does not matter and will not be a surprise, as long as Villa win the remaining league games that they should win, to reach safety and the top half of the table. An FA Cup away win at Citeh, then a home quarter final to take revenge against Blues would be the cherry on that cake.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Really thinking about betting on a Villa win tonight, the odds are great.  Am i mad?

No.  I just did it!  Even a draw with the correct score gives very good odds e.g. 2-2 20/1 with Ladbrokes online.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
did we sell our allocation?    On the website it seems tickets are still available.

Doubt it LV.

I hope we play for 100 minutes tonight; that MAY be long enough.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »
United are undefeatedall season without really even hitting top form
It shows what a great side they are. Our best hope is to take the sting out of the game and try and hit them late on with a breakaway goal. Going a goal up too early could ignite them as we've seen so many times

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »
My fingernails still haven't recovered from last years fixture, I dont think we will do it again.

2 - 0

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal