collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: North Walsall Supporters Club  (Read 12668 times)

Offline russon

Re: North Walsall Supporters Club
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
lol..............Will defo not be the Cottage even though there are the best pizza's in Walsall available over the road!

Cottage been boarded up for weeks now. Used to drink there occasionally but not an all together pleasant experience. Definitely recommend The Wharf though, good place and a canal next door to chuck yourself in if we go down.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
The Clayhanger divison is interested.  I don't get to many home games due to work & family issues, but I'm working on changing that...

Packing your job in and getting divorced?

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 03:25:22 PM »
Walsall has gone down a lot in last few years. Revolution has had a metal detector on the door recently and are now insisting everybody shows I.D. I am 38 and have been told if i dont bring it I will not get in!(They have allowed me in twice without it but i am on my "last chance" apparently)This will kill their over 30 s trade as no one really carried ID at that age. It also has a major Coke problem with it blatantly being taken in the toilets.
WS1 is no where near as good as it was few years ago mainly due to silly door policies by previosu manager. Current lad is better though and it has got slightly better and busier in last few months.
God help walsall when Samra finally opens the old Sofa Sofa. He will have every scum bag from every bad area in there!

I quite like the Wharf but hardly ever go! I will say hi when next in there Luke!

What school dom you teach at Legion? My parents were both headteachers in Walsall until they retired. I was a QM lad

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
And now Chicago and Bar Sports/Sports Bar (whatever it's called) have both shut down.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 08:29:10 PM »
The Clayhanger divison is interested.  I don't get to many home games due to work & family issues, but I'm working on changing that...

Packing your job in and getting divorced?

Unfortunately nothing that drastic!  Mrs Pablo wants to get back to season tickets & away trips just as much as me, but with our oldest kid being disabled & me often working away it makes the old work/life balance tricky.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
And now Chicago and Bar Sports/Sports Bar (whatever it's called) have both shut down.

One of these had a severe water leak over Xmas, so is being refurbished for an re-opening before Easter, & the other I read went bust.  I just can't remember which one is which...

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »
Sports bar had the leak Chicagos closed down

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
I believe the golden lion up the birchills is a good "hang out" for you north walsall lot. They will welcome you with open arms.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
The Beacon Way has Villa fans in.

Offline HOLTENDER

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
Thanks to all that have registered an interst, much appreciated.

The Social club (Scratter) in Pelsall (junction of Norton Rd & Wolverhampton Rd - by the fingerpost) is looking best at the moment ....... cheap ale and a chioce of rooms depending how many turn up.

Looking at 7th March for 1st meeting at 7pm.
Will pm you all when I have finalised the details

Thanks again to everyone  :)

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
Thanks to all that have registered an interst, much appreciated.

The Social club (Scratter) in Pelsall (junction of Norton Rd & Wolverhampton Rd - by the fingerpost) is looking best at the moment ....... cheap ale and a chioce of rooms depending how many turn up.

Looking at 7th March for 1st meeting at 7pm.
Will pm you all when I have finalised the details

Thanks again to everyone  :)
that would do me just round the corner

Offline nico2708

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »
do you have too be from north walsall too attend??

as i live in bentley

Offline HOLTENDER

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »
do you have too be from north walsall too attend??

as i live in bentley

No, just a Villa fan!

There are some great benefits of being in an official supporters club that will be discussed at the meeting.

And definetley the more the merrier, as if we decide to run our own coaches to games, we can do local pick ups around the Walsall area  ............ even Bently!

Offline McCanns Patch

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:36 PM »
I believe the golden lion up the birchills is a good "hang out" for you north walsall lot. They will welcome you with open arms.

You needed to put "I believe" I do believe. You clearly know what that place is all about my old china.  It's ok, this is an open minded site you can tell us?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »

You needed to put "I believe" I do believe. You clearly know what that place is all about my old china.  It's ok, this is an open minded site you can tell us?

Not that I frequent it, but I believe the Golden Lion is a bar for those gents who are good with colours.

I didn't know that about The Wharf, I go in there quite a bit - best pub in Walsall for my money. The barmaids are very, ahem, photogenic, I won a tenner in the quiz machine last week and it's got a cool vibe. Although I watched a band in there the other week and they were a bunch of arseholes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal