collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Breaking News: Bent Signs  (Read 322375 times)

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
Re: Breaking News: Bent Hands in Transfer Request
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
if this happens, then i will be over the moon... i have rated the lad for as long as i can remember...

and despite all the "itk" rumours at the weekend, (yes, we all got the texts), as it is at the moment, it is only a "skysportsnews understands", so a large pinch of salt is to be taken before i get all excited...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »
Get Bent in, oh yes.

Charlie Adams would become the new Sidwell if we signed him. So it's a no from me.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
I said it when MON was here, not signing him then was his biggest mistake.

It's cost us money and possibly playing Champions League already, but at least Randy is plugged in.

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
I've never doubted Randy Lerner.

I wouldn't have trusted MON with £18m.

What a shame we didn't get him when he was going for £12m.

£12 million rising to £16 million. If we get him for £18million then this is a good deal. I love Randy Lerner!

Offline sfx412

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
I'd rather spend the money abroad than buy someone we should have got 18 months ago for 50% more than he cost then. Having watched Luksa Podolski who cost 10million Euros* score for FC Köln yesterday, it shows quite how overpriced English footballers inexplicably are.

Can this be counted as the 'He's shit' comment, we usually get when a player is mentioned ?

Be a right shake up for the media and the Randy doesn't have any funds argument. Wonder if its a smoke screen ;)

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
Seems he handed in transfer request last night after he heard about the villa bid- makes it easier for Sunderland to appease the fans if he has asked to leave as well, the bid has been accepted and some say he is here now discussing terms , could be wrapped up today hopefully.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 01:33:20 PM »
We're broke, Randy won't give Hotlips any money, sell to buy....

yaddah yaddah yaddah.

There will be a fair few volte faces if this comes off. Those who have criticised the board might start to look like mugs.

Any idea why he handed in a request? Is he keen to join us or pissed off up there?

Rumours of his mother being racially abused by Sunderland fans after a defeat, but whether this has any bearing I don't know.
Maybe Randy and Hotlips just persuaded him that we are a better long-term prospect than them?

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »
He has handed in a transfer request after the bid from us - so surely we must have been doing the behind the scene work as he would not have handed in the request if he was not sure we could offer what he wanted etc.  So I hope this is all but done and other clubs are locked out

I am getting excited about this one - and I have not been like that since Collymore signed ...(note to self probably should learn something from that alone !!)

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
I'd rather spend the money abroad than buy someone we should have got 18 months ago for 50% more than he cost then. Having watched Luksa Podolski who cost 10million Euros* score for FC Köln yesterday, it shows quite how overpriced English footballers inexplicably are.

*I acknowledge that the value above ignores the fact that Chelski had an offer of 20mill Euros turned down and Bayern's President Uli Hoeness only allowed Podolski to leave for the same amount they bought him for on the condition that it was to return home to Cologne, and that if he were to go anywhere else, he would cost a lot more, but it's still a hell of a difference.

and that he has been shit for Koln for ages?

and that Bent cost £12 million rising to £16 million when Sunderland bought him. Just be happy!

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
Hats off to you Dave W,thought you'd lost the plot last night!

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 01:34:38 PM »
wheres that cn*t Oliver holt and his media croonies...   no money , Villa finished, MON is too good for Villa...

fook you  , the lot of you...     

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »
Looks like he wants to come - great news, talksport say maybe ashley young will go to finance the deal but if so , then I'd still be happy to get bent.

What are they basing that on? 

As far as I'm aware, they didn't report this one even as a possibility. But now they know that not only will we do the deal but we'll sell Young to part finance it?

There probably are more dubious sources of info, but not many.

Sounds like wishful thinking on their part, even when other clubs do business it somehow has to relate back to Tottingham and the moaning muppets at The Lane.

I remember similar things being said soon after we spent a fair whack in the summer 2008, Phil Thompson and others said we'd have to sell to balance the books.

We didn't then and I wouldn't say it's absolutely certain that we will now. I'm sure the board are aware of the consequences of relegation. That more than anything else probably impacts on their thinking now.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 01:35:09 PM »
get in.  Season started yesterday for us, lets push on and get into Europe now

Online lovejoy

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
There's a lot and ifs on this thread.
I want to see the photo of him at the ground with the shirt before I rejoice.
Let's hope we nail the signing quicker than usual.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »

*I acknowledge that the value above ignores the fact that Chelski had an offer of 20mill Euros turned down and Bayern's President Uli Hoeness only allowed Podolski to leave for the same amount they bought him for on the condition that it was to return home to Cologne, and that if he were to go anywhere else, he would cost a lot more, but it's still a hell of a difference.
and that he has been shit for Koln for ages?
I wouldn't say he's been shit for them for ages. I'd say he struggled to settle at Bayern when he moved there at the age of 21 but still scored at a rate of about 1 in 4 during his time there.

He didn't rip any trees up last season, but is certainly starting to show more of the performances they've become used to seeing from him in the national side and he's still only 25 (turns 26 in July). Bent's 26, turning 27 next month.

I just think us potentially buying a striker our previous manager was interested in but for at least 50% if not 100% more than he was previously available is not what I was hoping for or expecting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal