collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: James Milner  (Read 15857 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: James Milner
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 01:11:22 AM »
Yes it is a waste and I would have him back in a second but we have to move on and concentrate on where we are right now and beat that lot from small heath without him, utv.

Quite right, ie fuck him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2011, 01:22:30 AM »
A winners medal? They'll do well to finish fourth.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2011, 03:10:08 AM »
Nobody's ruining any league, it's becomming more competitive than it's ever been.

Man United are gonna win it by default this year, but next year the top 6 will be alot more competitive.

It's just a shame we didn't take our chance when we had it and we might be in Spurs' position.

If we'd have got 4th in 08/09, we'd have had a great chance of getting it last year too with Liverpool's implosion. 2 years of Champions League football would have meant maybe even MON could attract decent players, ha!

But ultimately I guess we just weren't good enough so while it was an opportunity lost we've nothing to complain about.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2011, 03:15:45 AM »
As for Jimmy, well Silva and Yaya Toure's form has been better so he lost his place.

If he gets a run (which he eventually will do) and he impresses he'll keep his place. Do it for long enough and he becomes a staple of the team and his place is never under threat.

He knew it'd be like this until he was able to show his best form, there isn't a chance he'd even consider leaving anytime in the next 18 months IMO.

It hurts to say it but he's better than us at this moment, he's a top 4 player and he'll get there.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »
Milner would still be here if he wasn't forced to leave as part of Martin O'Neil's grand anti-Villa campaign.

Now that MON has gone, maybe we can ask Milner to come back?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2011, 08:03:20 AM »
Tell me about it. But everyone on here predicted it. He went from villa legend to JUST ONE OF MAN CITYS GREEDY BASTARDS
also playing on the wing where he is pants
Plus man city are so fucking lucky it pisses me off. only reason they are top is cause they are buying the league

I know I bore for England on this one, but Man City being top is also a very sad indictment of how crap our league is these days. A team who has got very few top notch players and which has never really played any eye catching football and they are top. I would wager that if they win the prem, then it will have been a long time since such a crap team finished top of the pile...

Oh, and I agree, it is more exciting because the mediocrity has levelled everyone out somewhat. You could see this coming a mile off because for all the money the likes of Chelsea and Man City might have, there is a real paucity of top notch players around to go out and buy. So the money isn't as much of a defining advantage at is once was...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:13:04 AM by richard moore »

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
Nobody's ruining any league, it's becomming more competitive than it's ever been.

Man United are gonna win it by default this year, but next year the top 6 will be alot more competitive.

I disagree, Man City are ruining the league as they will keep spending stupid money until they win everthing, I cant actually watch them or look at one of their goals without feeling sick (and thats not just when tevez scores)

Players like Milner,Barry,johnson will be cast aside  in the next phase at least Man united and even Chelsea had some home grown players.

The only way anyone else will be able to compete will be if they get taken over by the next big multi Billionaire, maybe when UEFAs rues are introduced things may change but theirs probably some loophole that can be exploited by these mega rich clubs. 

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2011, 08:30:39 AM »
James Milner...Is a wanker.

We should turn this into a game :)

James Milner..Who the fuck is he?
James Milner..Is a greedy Bastard
James Milner..Has an odd shaped head

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
And he sits on the bench....

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
I think Milner will take over from Fat Baz when they decide his legs can't continue i would have him back if we had the chance.

Offline Guy M

• Location: Maidenhead - less than an hour from Zeitgeist on a good day!
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 10:01:57 AM »
Sad for both parties if you take the £100k a week away.  In what other era can you see the player of the season moving to another club never to start? 

Pretty much sums up the modern game.
Agree entirely. The supposedly beautiful game has become nothing more than an unpleasant and ugly business.

Five substitutes and the overplayed importance of being able to "rotate the squad" means the likelihood of a A decent professional footballer like Dean Saunders leaving a Big 4 side to join one of the also-rans, just so that he would, you know, actually play football, is seemingly gone and forgotten and not at all missed by the powers that control football. Or many of its modern-day fans.

I'm finding myself more and more drawn to the idea of relegation, the selling of any supposedly senior professionals* and a Villa side that flirts with promotion and relegation but populated by the quality of the excellent youth team structure we have in place. An English Hoffenheim.

*(with a few exceptions, for example, Friedel and especially Petrov who I think is a great leader and example for the youngsters and would not struggle with the pace as much as he sometimes is in the PL)

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »
He wanted to be a part of Man City's future (and present), which is bound to end with trophies considering the amount of money they spend.

You can't blame him really for wanting to be part of it. If you have no real affinity to the club you're at (which he didn't with us), then why shouldn't he go and give it a try to be part of what's happening at Man City.

He summed himself it up with a cracking performance for us against West Ham. A player doing it for money wouldn't have bothered.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
That's kind of my point though CCBB.  He is a player that wants to play but isn't playing.  He's wasting his career at City despite making a shed load of cash.

He has traded being the heart beat and probable captain of a great club on £80k a week for being a utility substitute for a similar sized club (albeit with more disposable money) on £100k a week. 

If they won everything and he's sat on the bench what's the point?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
Milner would still be here if he wasn't forced to leave as part of Martin O'Neil's grand anti-Villa campaign.

Oh for God's sake

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2011, 10:37:24 AM »

Oh for God's sake
I'm guessing it was a joke. If not, then it's up there with Malcolm levels of mentalness.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal