collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over  (Read 27965 times)

Offline Simba

Re: Will Houllier Ever Win The Fans Over
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »
Percy, Kevin. More succintly put. Tx.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2011, 04:39:01 PM »
Once, I believe he said something about seventh-twelfth.
It wasnt once it was several times on R5 live, SSN, Times, Telegraph and any one else that was prepared to listen "you cant compare them to Liverpool" was repeated. These interviews took place over the first few weeks of his appointment. The Telegraph repeated a lot of his quotes on thursday. I  have seen that some on here have described the fans response after Anfield as an over reaction. Its not a massive leap of faith to link some of the performances including Anfield to the utterances of our manager. The players read and hear the same stuff as the fans, so it is not that surprising tht we have such a negative reaction to the manager.

I think it may have been the same interview repeated.

Offline Simba

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
I don't care what he says. I see what he has done.

It ain't the players, or squad. The previous league positions and tbh the performance against United prove that.

It is man management. Tactical nouse.

Offline junxs

• http://www.avfc.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »

And I'd rather be thought of as strange delusional and paranoid than believe that our manager feels more for our club than Liverpool. Also actually believe he touched the liverpool badge because its where he almost died and not becuase its some sort of Liverpool fans ritual.

I'm sure he does feel more for Liverpool than Villa, after all he won a lot of trophies with them, but you inferred that he wanted Liverpool to beat Villa in that match, which is patently bollocks.

I just searched google images for Houllier touching the Liverpool logo in the tunnel before taking "his" Aston Villa team to face the rival. Couldnt find it, maybe I dreamt the whole thing? in which case i take back everything I said. That in my eyes would be wishing the opposition luck. Don't know what spin your about to put on it.

Touching the oppositions badge right before the match is the most disrespectful thing an Aston Villa manager has ever have done in my time of following Aston Villa. Shame I couldn't find the hard evidence.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2011, 06:27:03 PM »
Touching the oppositions badge right before the match is the most disrespectful thing an Aston Villa manager has ever have done in my time of following Aston Villa. Shame I couldn't find the hard evidence.

There's nothing like adding a bit of perspective. And that's nothing like.....

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »

There's nothing like adding a bit of perspective. And that's nothing like.....

The thing is, now he finds himself needing all the friends he can get, and he hasn't really got very many - these are the times at which all those little gaffes in the past add up and count for something.

He's perilously short of support - even man of those who, like me, don't think he should be sacked only think that way because changing manager now would be counter productive, rather than out of a great belief in what he's trying to do.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2011, 07:03:34 PM »
Agreed Perc.

All that other bobbins would barely register if we were getting results on the pitch, or even delivering a level of performance that might indicate good times were ahead.

We're down on both of those, so it's a concern.

Exactly.  We haven't even given most teams a decent game in recent weeks, and are averaging over 2 goals a game conceded.  Whatever problems he's had, that's shit by anybody's standards.

Offline peter w

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2011, 08:54:51 PM »
He has done terribly thus far. That we can see for ourselves. i would wait until the transfer window has come and gone, and then see how we do. All our players will be back and we should have enough to pull away from the bottom. What we need is stability in the backroom and avoid a manager appointing every single position as the result when he goes and takes everyone with him is what we've seen since O'Neill left.

I'm still unsure about Houllier but its too early to pull the trigger. But he hasn't got too long if we start to drift behind the safety line. Its embarrassing that come this time tomorrow we will have the worst goal difference in the league. That has not been addressed since the Newcastle debacle- the woeful defending.

Offline junxs

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
Do you really want to give this baffoon a transfer window though? It will just make it harder for whoever we appoint in the summer getting shot of players on big wages while we're preparing for championship football.

The truth is theres no way this board will sack the manager after just a few months, but General if you're reading this, then please please make sure that there is a clause in all new players contracts so if we get relegated then the wages have to be dropped by 50% otherwise it will be much harder trying to get back up.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2011, 11:49:12 PM »

Is that more or less disrespectful than deserting the  team 6 days before a new season starts?

Offline junxs

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »

Is that more or less disrespectful than deserting the  team 6 days before a new season starts?

It doesn teven compare, managers and clubs part company all the time. Its the end of a relationship.

Touching the oppositions badge in some kind of ritual when "your" team is about to play them is cheating in relationship terms.

You tell me whats worse..

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »
I am not a GH fan and I wish he not come here. Came here he did and that IMO was for the wrong reasons. He came for the money and I didn't like him touching the  f in badge either.

However it was a bit of a private thing to do. The team had walked out in front of  him as the did rest of the staff. He got caught, naively, by a little bit of  romance that still rules his heart. I visited a  former employers premises a couple of years ago and  had similars emotions even though they are a direct competitor to my current employer. It was a mistake that Houllier should not have made knowing that these days everything in on camera but not disrespectful to his current club.

However IMO O'Neill's action was more disrespectful to the Club, the fans  and the team.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2011, 12:03:42 AM »

It doesn teven compare, managers and clubs part company all the time. Its the end of a relationship.

Touching the oppositions badge in some kind of ritual when "your" team is about to play them is cheating in relationship terms.

You tell me whats worse..

You're right. The two don't compare.

Offline junxs

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2011, 12:11:58 AM »
We'll just have to agree to disagree Dave, more than likely MONs leaving had something to do with not being able to spend the Milner money. But I cant think of a feasibe reason why Houllier would want to touch another clubs badge.

How would you have felt if it was the Birmingham City badge?

Maybe that has something to do with it. A good 60% of the people I know are Liverpool fans, so his actions may mean a lot more to me than they do to you.

For the first time in a long time, since the mid 80s, I dont feel like following/watching tomorrows game. It pains me to say that, but thats how I feel about this prat in charge. Give me Les Reed over Houllier anyday. At least he might sweat for the cause.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2011, 12:23:44 AM »
We'll just have to agree to disagree Dave, more than likely MONs leaving had something to do with not being able to spend the Milner money. But I cant think of a feasibe reason why Houllier would want to touch another clubs badge.

How would you have felt if it was the Birmingham City badge?

Maybe that has something to do with it. A good 60% of the people I know are Liverpool fans, so his actions may mean a lot more to me than they do to you.

For the first time in a long time, since the mid 80s, I dont feel like following/watching tomorrows game. It pains me to say that, but thats how I feel about this prat in charge. Give me Les Reed over Houllier anyday. At least he might sweat for the cause.

I wouldn't have been that bothered.

How about walking out and joining Birmingham City, just for starters?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal