collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest ?  (Read 29722 times)

Offline magic monks

Re: Protest ?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2010, 11:08:54 PM »
Felt really frustrated after the Spuds game, it was far from ideal what was happening on the pitch, but I couldnt help feel that there was a growing element who were not overly displeased to watch us get countered for that second goal.

Not that they wanted us to lose, but that 0-2 was sufficiently 'lost' to really let the bile flow out. 20 mins to go and that was enough, time to tune out and bring out all of the xmas bile.

Cant honestly say that there were even that many celebrating much around me when we scored.

I gobbed off at a few for revelling in the misery, and to be honest I really regret that now. But please people come on, support your team until the game is at least over, otherwise we've really got no hope in hell of getting out of this.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »
At least we'll see the real Villa fans turning out from S'land onwards, & a lot of the MON X factor element will now fade away

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2010, 11:51:22 PM »
Felt really frustrated after the Spuds game, it was far from ideal what was happening on the pitch, but I couldnt help feel that there was a growing element who were not overly displeased to watch us get countered for that second goal.

Not that they wanted us to lose, but that 0-2 was sufficiently 'lost' to really let the bile flow out. 20 mins to go and that was enough, time to tune out and bring out all of the xmas bile.

Cant honestly say that there were even that many celebrating much around me when we scored.

I gobbed off at a few for revelling in the misery, and to be honest I really regret that now. But please people come on, support your team until the game is at least over, otherwise we've really got no hope in hell of getting out of this.

the anger has been building for some time now, it is said that fans gett the manager the sack

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
If we're going to protest about anything there's far more than a run a bad results to complain about.

For one thing... why should football fans be expected to pay such high prices for games that are being televised live?
We should be rewarded for making the effort of being there - after all the TV "product" that is being sold around the world wouldn't be anywhere near the same without a crowd in the ground.
In fact, we're effectively Extras in a TV show featuring highly-paid stars, so we should get a tenner in cash and a free hot drink. At the very least we're the equivalent of a TV audience in a studio - who get in free.

These are the things we should be protesting about - or the fact that Police and council's dictate that our derbies not only have to kick-off just after breakfast, but now that fans are being stopped from going.

I can put up with my team performing badly at times, it's part of being a fan... but the other stuff really does need some supporter backlash.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 12:24:40 AM »
No.

Though a dirty protest, flinging shit at GH as he sits there motionless, does have a bent kind of appeal I must admit.

If the original poster and some like minded pals were to get together and smear their own poo on the turnstiles then that might dissuade all but the truly hardcore from attending.

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 01:00:04 AM »
The more hysterical this gets, the more every other team loves it. Start by beating Chelsea and stop this crap before it becomes fashionable.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »
How about supporting the team rather than behaving like a stroppy toddler who can't get their own way?

"Viva La Revolution" ..... again!

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2010, 08:34:38 AM »
No.

Though a dirty protest, flinging shit at GH as he sits there motionless, does have a bent kind of appeal I must admit.

If the original poster and some like minded pals were to get together and smear their own poo on the turnstiles then that might dissuade all but the truly hardcore from attending.

Most are on bans already

Offline willywombat

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
Maybe we could get a volunteer to douse himself in petrol and set fire to himself in Aston park, that would surely make ged realise we're a bit disappointed with results at the moment

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2011, 12:13:57 AM »
Maybe we could get a volunteer to douse himself in petrol and set fire to himself in Aston park, that would surely make ged realise we're a bit disappointed with results at the moment
can we nominate someone? lets have a poll

Offline peter w

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »
Is he still banned? It will show his determination to seek forgiveness if he agrees to go through with it.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2011, 12:21:22 AM »
The more hysterical this gets, the more every other team loves it. Start by beating Chelsea and stop this crap before it becomes fashionable.

Well said DCF.

Offline jonc73

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2011, 09:35:23 AM »
It's not nearly time to protest yet, which would be probably quite damaging anyway.We are in a terrible mess, but the manager will have January to sort that out.  If another transfer window passes with no worthwhile activity and the form continues in the recent horrible vein, then we can all start worrying as we could get relegated.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »

Just ask me to light a cigarette for you. I'm sure something would go wrong.

Offline adam#1

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2011, 08:55:36 AM »
How about supporting the team rather than behaving like a stroppy toddler who can't get their own way?

How about allowing free speech rather than insulting those who have a different opinion to you?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal