collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where's O'Neill Now?  (Read 45163 times)

Offline kerms

Re: Where's O'Neill Now?
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »
8 months ago we were at wembley,,,,twice !! ,, now we could go down ,, whats changed ?? One thing,, the manager ,, never really understood why mon gets so much stick. He got us to the brink of cl football, and hes slated like dol on here,,, i'd take him back now
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:37:14 PM by kerms »

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
8 months ago we were in the fa cup final ,, now we could go down ,, whats changed ?? One thing,, the manager ,, never really understood why mon gets so much stick. He got us to the brink of cl football, and hes slated like dol on here,,, i'd take him back now

Would you have given him another fifty million quid of your money to spend?

Are you happy with the wages legacy that he has left us to pay for?

Offline kerms

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »
8 months ago we were in the fa cup final ,, now we could go down ,, whats changed ?? One thing,, the manager ,, never really understood why mon gets so much stick. He got us to the brink of cl football, and hes slated like dol on here,,, i'd take him back now

Randy gambled to try and get to the CL and my oh my it nearly paid off, there is no other way to do it but pay out loads of cash, you watch spurs go to the wall if they dont qualify again.

Do you honestly belive Randy let MON spend all that cash without any say in it whatsoever

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2010, 04:47:41 PM »
Waiting outside Anfield.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2010, 04:55:19 PM »

Randy gambled to try and get to the CL and my oh my it nearly paid off, there is no other way to do it but pay out loads of cash, you watch spurs go to the wall if they dont qualify again.

Do you honestly belive Randy let MON spend all that cash without any say in it whatsoever

Kerms is right...people make out that MON gave out all these contracts behind Randy's back. Randy is as much if not more to blame for us having a large wage bill, which incidentally is required to get to the CL.

I have also always wondered where the evidence was that MON was the one who negotiated the terms of contracts with the agents...not saying he didnt, but it would surprise me if there wasnt someone from the board involved in negotiations who primarily dealt with players contracts.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2010, 04:56:39 PM »

If you had fifty million quid to spend would you have given it to Martin?

I absolutely loved our time under MON, it restored a pride that in my opinion had been missing since Gregory but sadly I would not have given him another penny to spend.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »
Kerms,

We wern't in the FA Cup final.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
MON made some mistakes but his intention was to get us top 4, didn't like the way he left us in the shit however i would have him back tomorrow, i'm sure we'd be in a better posistion with him in charge, and if he did leave after having a hissy over the Milner money then he's been proved right, interested to see who GH gets in this window not sure a French u-19 is the answer or a MLS striker but i hope i'm proven wrong and GH gets us going again, can't see it though he just doesn't seem to fill me with confidence...never has

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2010, 05:29:33 PM »
8 months ago we were at wembley,,,,twice !! ,, now we could go down ,, whats changed ?? One thing,, the manager ,, never really understood why mon gets so much stick. He got us to the brink of cl football, and hes slated like dol on here,,, i'd take him back now
And losing arguably our best player.  And having an injury list as long as Livery Street. But other than that ....

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2010, 05:34:12 PM »
Come back Martin, all is forgiven!

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »
Just seen him on the Coventry Road, smoking crack out of a can with that lovable Corrie rogue Craig Charles.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »

No it fucking well isn't.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2010, 06:01:25 PM »

Seconded. The *ucker walked out on us.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot, some of us prefer watching us surrender to a relegation battle.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 06:09:45 PM »

Oh yeah I forgot, some of us prefer watching us surrender to a relegation battle.

OK again (read slow) he... walked ...out... on us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal