collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by john e
[Today at 08:41:08 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:14:34 PM]

Robin Olsen by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:11:59 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

Official Website by martin o`who??
[Today at 08:03:31 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by AV84
[Today at 07:47:51 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:48:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by john e
[Today at 08:41:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:36:10 PM]

[Today at 08:30:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:29:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:28:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by john e
[Today at 08:28:45 PM]

[Today at 08:27:32 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437396 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #1740 on: January 08, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »
I shall be setting out to see the game when I have had some breakfast.   I don't think we will lose.   In fact I am confident we will not lose because every year there is a team battling relegation which has a long cup run and this year is our turn.   The players will be so relieved not to be at Villa Park and scrapping for points they will be relaxed and confident.

If we do lose I shall not be chanting for Houllier's head.   I think he is a disaster and we should never have taken him on in the first place but it is clear that Randy has given him the mother of all bollockings in exchange for not sacking him so a chant against Houllier -much though he deserves it for his incompetence - would be a chant against Randy.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1741 on: January 08, 2011, 07:42:27 AM »
We have the smell of death about us. I don't foresee a long cup run, but hope springs eternal.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1742 on: January 08, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »
Maybe today is his last chance? Obviously he and Randy have had a 'meeting' this week. Randy (as any owner of a Football club would) has probably told him that this cannot go on, he could have sacked him by now, and if he had no-one, not even Houllier could complain, Gerard isn't a stupid man, he knows he has to get results. Does he know how to get them? that's the worrying part, the part I'm not convinced with. We are looking as bad as I've ever seen us since being a season ticket holder at Villa since 1994. Obviously some of you guys will have seen worse, and seen us come out the other side, but I feel there is more to lose these days by getting relegated as opposed to days gone by. We can't afford to drop out the League, Ok, Newcastle have pulled themselves together, well....some might say, but lots of other supposed big clubs haven't, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday & Leeds to name a few. I'm not sure I can even begin to think about going down.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #1743 on: January 08, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »
Put it this way, if I joined the knuckledraggers as their manager, and was plotting their relegation, I'd do exactly as Houllier is doing to us.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1744 on: January 08, 2011, 09:06:33 AM »
We will win today. 3-1.

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #1745 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
Who cares if we win, lose or draw today. Our players look fucked in league games as it is so we don't need any more.

Get the fool out of the club before it's too late.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1746 on: January 08, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »
Who cares if we win, lose or draw today. Our players look fucked in league games as it is so we don't need any more.
I'd quite like us to win actually.

And if your main complaint is about the number of games, why would you not care if we draw?

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #1747 on: January 08, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »

And if your main complaint is about the number of games, why would you not care if we draw?

Because we are in the drop zone, like our captain I couldn't give two fucks about the cup because we need to sort out the league. Would you not agree?

The result today simply does not matter hence why I wrote draw to emphasise this point.
However you are correct a draw would be the worse of all results, as it means having to play another game with this manager and these gobshite players.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1748 on: January 08, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

Because we are in the drop zone, like our captain I couldn't give two fucks about the cup because we need to sort out the league. Would you not agree?
I'd quite like to win today and start winning in the league as well. Losing today doesn't mean we're suddenly going to go on a fine run of league form, just as winning today doesn't mean we'll lose every league game we play.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #1749 on: January 08, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »
Another defeat will be a bad blow before the blues games,whereas a win today should hopefully give us a bit of a boost,then who knows,a home draw against a lower league team and hopefully we can build some momentum.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1750 on: January 08, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
To those that don't care about todays result over League survival, well I don't know actually, i'm probably mad, but I'd love to see us win the FA Cup - i'm a bit old skool like that.

The league is the league, we are never going to win it with the current set up I do know that and the holy grail of Champs League has well and truly gone. 

I've seen us relegated, then gain promotion (enormous fun to those you can't remember) and other than the barbed comments of Blose and Olbiyun fans I don't fear it as much as some - perhaps it's the distance, or the realisation that we are now fighting in the 'best of the rest league', or just that whatever happens, we are Aston Villa, we are special and ,unlike our unwashed neighbours, we always will be to scholars of the game.

But if I had the choice of just one trophy i'd like to see the Villa win before I croke it would be the FA Cup.   

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:37:59 AM by OzVilla »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1751 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:25 AM »
I want us to win every game we play. I thought that was the point in being a football supporter.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1752 on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:47 AM »
I want us to win every game we play. I thought that was the point in being a football supporter.

Is the correct answer.

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #1753 on: January 08, 2011, 10:59:13 AM »

Is the correct answer.

We all want us to win every game.

However to give us the best chance of winning league games I honestly think it would be best to get out of this cup, I honestly believe it helps the players by not having another distraction.

Offline Dan England

« Reply #1754 on: January 08, 2011, 11:59:02 AM »

Is the correct answer.

We all want us to win every game.

However to give us the best chance of winning league games I honestly think it would be best to get out of this cup, I honestly believe it helps the players by not having another distraction.

Or it could create a bit of momentum, restore confidence and start a resurgence.
Half Empty/Half full I suppose.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal