collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 438501 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #1695 on: January 07, 2011, 09:21:56 AM »
Do you think houllier will survive the sack if we turn you over at st andrews in ten days time?

He'll be lucky to survive full stop, never mind the sack!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #1696 on: January 07, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »
Do you think houllier will survive the sack if we turn you over at st andrews in ten days time?

No, his position will have become untenable.
The crowd have already turned on him as demonstrated at the end of the Sunderland game

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:35:28 AM by WikiVilla »

Offline Rico

« Reply #1697 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
I had a dream last night, (please don't panic!). Ged got sacked and in one of those Ellis style press conferences, Mr Lerner announced "I'd like to introduce you to the new manager of Aston Villa" and in walked Brian Little, with Sid Cowans and John Gregory as assistants!

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #1698 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »

No.

When Sheff Utd dump us out of the FA Cup and we lose to the Blues, that surely will be it.

I have a suspicion that the derby will be a draw because it really will be a must-not-lose game for both teams.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1699 on: January 07, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
Lose to Blues and we could well go bottom, and we'd then be four points behind them.  I think that would be the final straw.  Being in the bottom three would be bad enough, but as soon as a gap starts to open up between us and safety then I think we'd be screwed. 

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1700 on: January 07, 2011, 09:39:58 AM »
Lose to Blues and we could well go bottom, and we'd then be four points behind them.  I think that would be the final straw.  Being in the bottom three would be bad enough, but as soon as a gap starts to open up between us and safety then I think we'd be screwed. 

your full of the joys of spring you are

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #1701 on: January 07, 2011, 09:43:18 AM »
As full of doubts as I am, I want him to stay in the job.
That will mean we've escaped relegation and climbed the table.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1702 on: January 07, 2011, 09:45:02 AM »

It's just a statement in response to Sheldon as to what would happen if we lost to the Blues.  I didn't say that we are going to lose, or even that I think we will.

Offline sheldon nose

« Reply #1703 on: January 07, 2011, 09:48:54 AM »

It's just a statement in response to Sheldon as to what would happen if we lost to the Blues.  I didn't say that we are going to lose, or even that I think we will.
plus i think we will still have a game in hand

« Reply #1704 on: January 07, 2011, 09:52:08 AM »
Villa fans are quite slow to anger. Generally, they will put up a fair amount before being taken to a breaking-point. After that, beware.

Can't believe Chris Smith didn't pick up on this.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #1705 on: January 07, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »

You lot have normally got something in hand.
Unfortunately for most of the time it's your cock.
Or someone elses.

« Reply #1706 on: January 07, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »

You lot have normally got something in hand.
Unfortunately for most of the time it's your cock.
Or someone elses.
I would imagine that it's not easy to hold any cock when you haven't got opposable thumbs.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1707 on: January 07, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
Let's not turn this into a Blues banter thread please chaps.

« Reply #1708 on: January 07, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »
Only kidding Sheldon.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1709 on: January 07, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
From The Mail,

http://tinyurl.com/2vn9tje
Aston Villa players PRAISED by Gerard Houllier for drab defeat at home to Sunderland

Aston Villa players were stunned to receive the manager’s congratulations after the club fell into the bottom three for the first time in seven years.
They were expecting an earful following an insipid showing against Sunderland that left Villa Park calling for the head of manager Gerard Houllier.
Instead, the Villa boss muttered: ‘Well done.’

Slump: Aston Villa slipped into the bottom three with defeat against Sunderland
‘We couldn’t believe what we were hearing,’ said one player.
Three victories in 15 games since taking over have left Houllier facing a battle to save his job, although in public chief executive Paul Faulkner and owner Randy Lerner remain committed to their boss.
Villa’s owners do not want to sack a manager five months after appointing him. But with a dressing room at odds with themselves, crowds dwindling and games against city rivals Birmingham and the two Manchester giants looming, things may not improve quickly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344876/Aston-Villa-players-PRAISED-Gerard-Houllier-drab-defeat-home-Sunderland.html#ixzz1ALJsVyTb

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal