collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437357 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #1590 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »
I would rather houllier than kmac anyday- if randy had the balls to do it then I would go for owen coyle and make an offer he can't refuse but I don't think randy will approach a man in work- therefore we are looking at Sam or jol if we change now- please randy not kmac!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #1591 on: January 06, 2011, 08:33:34 AM »
KMac & Sid as "night watchmen" until the summer, then appoint a new long term manager
Or just get Jol now

What is clear is that Houllier & McAllister are inept and MUST go now or we're down

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1592 on: January 06, 2011, 08:38:44 AM »
Would it be frowned upon if I typed "told you so" while folding my arms and tutting disdainfully?
Do it...

Online sid1964

« Reply #1593 on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
KMac as a short term Manager - no thanks, if the players are walking all over Houllier they will eat MacDonald for breakfast!!

I would be amazed if they got rid of Houllier after the comments from Faulkner yesterday, BUT I wouuld not be surprised if Lerner decided that the only players to be brought in would be on Loans for the rest of the season!!

If we survive then Lerner will need to look at the whole structure of the Club including Faulkners position a massive step forward for the club would be to replace him with  David Dein (ex Arsenal) someone who actually knows the industry and is not just a YES man to Lerner!!

Offline MarkM

« Reply #1594 on: January 06, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
As the hours go on my feeling is he's got to go.

We're gonna go down under him. Well OK, that's not guarenteed but does anyone really see us getting 6 wins from our next 17 games with him? He provided 2 from his first 17 games.

Birmingham A,
Wigan A,
Fulham H,
Blackpool A,
Blackburn H,
Wolves H,
Newcastle H,
West Ham A,
Stoke H,
West Brom A,
Wigan H,
Liverpool H.

Are all remaining fixtures I'd fancy us to get something from.

There should be six wins there.

Give KMac the job, he can get us playing how we're used to under O'Neill and we'll get six wins (atleast) from those fixtures. It won't be pretty, we won't be pulling up trees, but we'll stay up and as soon as that's guarenteed we can start looking for a successor (be it Coyle, Moyes, Hughes, Hodgson - who all could be gettable by then for a club of our size, our resources and very much a blank canvas to work from).

The thing is, as the results are proving our staying up also depends on what those around us are doing.

Wolves beating chelsea and results like that could see us end up relegated even if we do put a string of results together

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1596 on: January 06, 2011, 08:44:49 AM »
I was prepared and quite optamistic at the Houllier revolution when he was appointed, but as each week goes by I'm losing the faith faster than teh previous week. I cannot see a way out of this with Houllier in the driving seat. I'm not usually one for knee-jerk reactions and short term solutions, but we're in a real mess now and I can't see us getting out of it. We need to change it before we get relegated. Because at this rate we will.

Offline eastie

« Reply #1597 on: January 06, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »
Get Steve stride back at the club as Faulkner seems to have no experience of football and we are sinking without trace- things are not right from the top downwards and the players are a disgrace for the attitude shown under houllier- they are paid good wages and should show some pride in the shirt- shocking state of affairs !

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1598 on: January 06, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
KMac is not the long term solution and never was but he has four massive things in his  favour first he is not Gerard Houllier, second he is known, trusted and liked by the players especially the ones he and Sid have brought on and who have tried so hard for us,third he knows how the squad likes to play and four he can do no worse than Houllier.   

Randy is not going to trust Houllier with a substantial amount of money under the present circumstances.   I would not trust him to buy me a copy of Racing Post because he would come back with a copy of the Christian Science Monitor.   You don't get to be as rich as the Lerners by being daft with money and giving millions to a man to spend whose confidence and judgement levels are plain to see by the expression on his face during Villa games would be plain daft.  Nobody in their right mind would trust him not to do a MON and piss it all up the wall.

Offline eastie

« Reply #1599 on: January 06, 2011, 08:51:54 AM »
I thought randy was so rich because he inherited his fathers estate? I don't think he is a self made millionaire like ellis was .

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #1600 on: January 06, 2011, 08:57:05 AM »
KMac is not the long term solution and never was but he has four massive things in his  favour first he is not Gerard Houllier, second he is known, trusted and liked by the players especially the ones he and Sid have brought on and who have tried so hard for us,third he knows how the squad likes to play and four he can do no worse than Houllier.   

Randy is not going to trust Houllier with a substantial amount of money under the present circumstances.   I would not trust him to buy me a copy of Racing Post because he would come back with a copy of the Christian Science Monitor.   You don't get to be as rich as the Lerners by being daft with money and giving millions to a man to spend whose confidence and judgement levels are plain to see by the expression on his face during Villa games would be plain daft.  Nobody in their right mind would trust him not to do a MON and piss it all up the wall.

Brian, that is as much a gamble as leaving Houllier in charge. We can't afford to let this window pass without adding two or three first team players to this squad, and we shouldn't forget that we often looked a disorganised shambles under MacDonald aswell.

The club need to hold their nerve unless Lerner has had contigency plans in place for the last few weeks and can move very quickly.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #1601 on: January 06, 2011, 09:06:51 AM »
I said something along the lines of it was disgraceful (maybe slightly over the top) to have appointed him in the first place. I still think that and we should get rid ASAP.

The guy is an idiot.

Does he do anything other than sit there looking cold?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1602 on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:37 AM »
He wants Allardayce, easy to say when you dont have to pay to watch his fucking teams play. Not that the last ten minutes were much different.

Ooh get you Mr Betterfanthanyow.  I don't "want" Allardyce, I just think that as a caretaker boss until the end of the season he'd be a much better bet than Houllier.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1603 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:21 AM »
He wants Allardayce, easy to say when you dont have to pay to watch his fucking teams play. Not that the last ten minutes were much different.

Ooh get you Mr Betterfanthanyow.  I don't "want" Allardyce, I just think that as a caretaker boss until the end of the season he'd be a much better bet than Houllier.

So do I Risso but with the current shambles envelping the Club would Allardyce, Jol are Houghton really be prepared to take the Villa job but only until the Summer.  There's not a chance they would imo.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #1604 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:57 AM »

So do I Risso but with the current shambles envelping the Club would Allardyce, Jol are Houghton really be prepared to take the Villa job but only until the Summer.  There's not a chance they would imo.

Jol or Allardyce wouldnt, but Chris Hughton might. If he was given the job til the end of the season with a view to getting the job permanently if he did well would work out for all concerned.

We would get a manager who clearly can bring out the best in people til the end of the season and thereby, hopefully, stay up. We would also be in a position in the summer to assess who else was available and weigh them up against whatever job Hughton did.

From his point of view, it will be an opportunity to prove himself at as big a club as he could hope for at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal