collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437353 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #915 on: December 30, 2010, 10:26:27 AM »
I think Mark Hughes would be our manager if O'Neil left in May.  An appointment I wouldn't have had a problem with.  The General himself said they liked Hughes but the timing was wrong due to him being appointed Fulham's new gaffer

That's a man in charge of a club currently below us in the league where his own fans were chanting "you don't know what your doing" at him the other day.

I'm not interested in what Fulham's fans were chanting.  I think Hughes will get it right at Fulham, based on his ability at his previous clubs.  I don't believe Houllier will get it right on the basis he has been out of the coaching aspect of the game for too long and the  discontentment in the dressing room.

Are you telling me you'd rather have Houllier than Hughes?

I don't want Hughes, never did. Houllier is our manager now and I think it would be madness to change again so soon after appointing him but if goes I want somebody better than Hughes.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #916 on: December 30, 2010, 10:31:41 AM »
I think Mark Hughes would be our manager if O'Neil left in May.  An appointment I wouldn't have had a problem with.  The General himself said they liked Hughes but the timing was wrong due to him being appointed Fulham's new gaffer

That's a man in charge of a club currently below us in the league where his own fans were chanting "you don't know what your doing" at him the other day.

I'm not interested in what Fulham's fans were chanting.  I think Hughes will get it right at Fulham, based on his ability at his previous clubs.  I don't believe Houllier will get it right on the basis he has been out of the coaching aspect of the game for too long and the  discontentment in the dressing room.

I don't want Hughes, never did. Houllier is our manager now and I think it would be madness to change again so soon after appointing him but if goes I want somebody better than Hughes.

Spot on in regards to getting better than Hughes
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:33:38 AM by Phil from the upper holte »

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #917 on: December 30, 2010, 10:33:38 AM »

I'm trying to believe that Fofana and the potential singing of Moukon are going to change things for the better.  The synic in me just sees a midfield duo of Berson & Djemba-Djemba

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #918 on: December 30, 2010, 10:44:05 AM »

I'm trying to believe that Fofana and the potential singing of Moukon are going to change things for the better.  The synic in me just sees a midfield duo of Berson & Djemba-Djemba

we will just stick with Salifou and Sidwell then..      Its a start , a young french player who arsenal, Barcalona and Chelsa have been watching and a chumps league player who Arsenal were going to pay £11 million for.         bring it on and a few more please

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #919 on: December 30, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
OK, as bad as it sounds, let's write off the Chelsea game as the loss it most probably will be.  Up to the end of Jan that then leaves.....

Aston Villa v Sunderland
Sheff Utd v Aston Villa (FA Cup)
Birmingham v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Man City
Wigan v Aston Villa

7 points needed I'd say from that lot.

And a couple of key things during that period:-
1.  An away win is needed to show improvement.
2.  A loss to Blues and the knives will certainly be out.
3.  As they will if we get another tonking by Man City.
4.  It seems less important now, but a third round knockout to lower league opposition would be another nail in his coffin.
5.  And then we need to sign players, and good ones that can have an almost immediate impact, during this time.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #920 on: December 30, 2010, 10:57:54 AM »
Sidwell out, Fofana in, this will be the first positive thing GH has done, lets hope there are a few more moves like this in Jan before it's too late.

Is this Omar Cummings any good ?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #921 on: December 30, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »
Sidwell out, Fofana in is like having a new signing.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #922 on: December 30, 2010, 11:05:49 AM »
I've just seen a few clips of Fofana and he seems very composed on the ball,reads the game well,good passer,but he'll really need to hit the ground running if he does come into the team,which is always hard for a teenage foreigner,as it'll take him time to settle and thats something that we dont really have at the minute.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #923 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:01 AM »
Does Fofana play the anchor mid role ?

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #924 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:33 AM »
I've just seen a few clips of Fofana and he seems very composed on the ball,reads the game well,good passer,but he'll really need to hit the ground running if he does come into the team,which is always hard for a teenage foreigner,as it'll take him time to settle and thats something that we dont really have at the minute.

well all the experience british players we have , have been useless. So he cant be any worse... 
Get him on the bench ASAP

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #925 on: December 30, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »
Does Fofana play the anchor mid role ?

think Patrick Viera

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #926 on: December 30, 2010, 11:14:45 AM »

Maybe Fofana is the longterm plan and Makoun is coming until he's ready for regular first team action?  £7m isn't massive in today's market and he's 27, so it might make some sense.

Offline JUAN PABLO

« Reply #927 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:04 AM »

Maybe Fofana is the longterm plan and Makoun is coming until he's ready for regular first team action?  £7m isn't massive in today's market and he's 27, so it might make some sense.

can we at least get rid of salifou then?  please

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #928 on: December 30, 2010, 11:19:30 AM »
he might be off the mark Dave but Libellous?

Saying players want the manager sacked isn't far off that.
its probably not that far off the truth either, i havent seen many of the predictable and  inane "we are all behind the manager " quotes

Then it's the players who are an absolute disgrace and not the manager?

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #929 on: December 30, 2010, 11:21:27 AM »
What is deemed as "Gross Misconduct" for a professional footballer?
Does the term even exist in their world ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal