collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

8 years ago today - Apr 30, 2016 by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 10:09:16 AM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 10:09:10 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by nordenvillain
[Today at 10:04:03 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 10:01:24 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 10:00:22 AM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:57:22 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:54:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437339 times)

Offline tarzansbrother

Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #855 on: December 29, 2010, 11:33:22 PM »
Ozzjim you are taking the piss. Offering Phil Thompson big money? Hilarious. Bring on Sammy Lee.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #856 on: December 29, 2010, 11:34:50 PM »
If Spurs offered something silly like Keane, Bentley, Woodgate on loan till May and 10 million I would take it Paulie I have to say. And then go and buy N'Zogbia with the cash. But the board I think will back Houllier quite well, and if France U19 captain is an example of the pedigree he is after then so they should. He is a very good manager, as Hodgson is, but he needs time to sort it out, which if he is given I still think long term we will be better off. I would say though, I think he misses Phil Thomson and Patrice Bergues terribly by the look of it, and the club could do a lot worse than make them big offers to come onto the coaching team ASAP.

agree entirely Ozz. It's been frustrating in the extreme for a number of reasons recently. But the question is do you believe in what he is trying to do? He's fighting to change a lot at the club while playing games. I almost get the impression sometimes that the games are actually a huge distraction, but those are the cards that he's been dealt and he's trying to make the best of it. I think you're right. He doesn't have around him the people he trusts the most. The board will back him because they believe in the bigger project that has been started.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #857 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:13 PM »
Taking the piss. Ok, so Liverpool under Houllier were consistently tight at the back due to what maybe? Oh that would be the pretty decent former centre half coaching them how to defend each week. Rocket science it ain't, and the passion he would bring to give people a good bollocking would be useful too. Just cause he is an arse does not mean he would not be bloody useful.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #858 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:21 PM »
Wham want £15m plus for the journeyman Piquionne. You really think we will spend £5m plus if opportunity arises? We need a manager for the last half of the season and we got popeye with a heart problem. I like the bloke but he just aint got it and the players/fans/papers can smell it big time.

What annoys me so much about todays world is the use of ridicule to make a point.  Fair enough, if you do not rate him, say so but at least show some respect.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #859 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:33 PM »
Young will not be sold in Jan, RL knows that would be PR  suicide. so now we are contemplating begging from spurs for loan players?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #860 on: December 29, 2010, 11:37:35 PM »
Ozzjim you are taking the piss. Offering Phil Thompson big money? Hilarious. Bring on Sammy Lee.

what's hilarious is that your entire knowledge and judgement of Phil Thompson extends to what you see on TV. The manager's knowledge of Phil Thompson goes beyond a man who he trusts and can confide in, and someone who he has been very successful with. That could be worth a lot more than his detractors will ever give him credit for.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #861 on: December 29, 2010, 11:37:41 PM »
It amazes me that you would think loaning a couple of players in the short term fro the long term gain would be beneath you from a current champions league side due to it being begging.

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #862 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:35 PM »
would hope GED has all the milner cash plus anymore from sales- if not what chance do we have , if the money is not given to him then it will show us why o neill left- the board said they will back him with money and he needs to be given at least £15m from milners sale to spend- anything less would be a travesty!

I wouldn't trust him with 10 pence of my money.

Aside from needing someone who knows where the goal is - I firmly believe we have enough talent to be able to get us away from the basement of the Prem.

However, what I have zero confidence in is that Houllier is the man to do this.

Let's be honest about this, footballers nowadays are in the main fickle and many of our current crop should hang their heads in shame - but Randy needs to act and act quickly or else it'll be too late.

Offline eastie

« Reply #863 on: December 29, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »
With you ozzjim- offer thommo a big fee and get him here - he was the key behind houlliers success and having read his book he clearly sorted out the spice boys- phil Thompson would be perfect for houllier!

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #864 on: December 29, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »
What like the respect he showed to the current squad. I will show him respect when he has earnt it.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #865 on: December 29, 2010, 11:42:16 PM »
What like the respect he showed to the current squad. I will show him respect when he has earnt it.

There's a big difference between disrespect and unacceptable insult, and you have not for the first time crossed that line.

Offline tarzansbrother

« Reply #866 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:12 PM »
Dave you make me laugh. Take off your claret and blue glasses. Tell me with your hand on your heart that this man is right and fit for the job? The bloke is a clown.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #867 on: December 29, 2010, 11:47:18 PM »
so we want to offer Thomo, a bloke that has turned the job down and who is perfectly comfortable doing a no risk job for sky loads of money, then we sidle up to Arry at Spurs (a team that we were competing with last season) to loan us some of his cast offs. Obviously i am not taking the right drugs

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #868 on: December 29, 2010, 11:50:09 PM »
The age of the internet. When human beings will believe literally *anything*.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #869 on: December 29, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »
Dave you make me laugh. Take off your claret and blue glasses. Tell me with your hand on your heart that this man is right and fit for the job? The bloke is a clown.

I don't know whether he is right for the job or not. I do know that some of the things you have said about him are unacceptable.

I'm glad that remaining as positive as it's possible to be at this time, and refusing to make up stories prersumably for the purpose of making the club look bad, is providing you with a source of amusement.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal