collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:36:10 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:14:34 PM]

Robin Olsen by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:11:59 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

Official Website by martin o`who??
[Today at 08:03:31 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by AV84
[Today at 07:47:51 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:48:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:36:10 PM]

[Today at 08:30:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:29:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:28:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by john e
[Today at 08:28:45 PM]

[Today at 08:27:32 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:24:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437394 times)

Offline WikiVilla

Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #780 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
I cannot believe some low life on here are having a pop at Sid for this debacle !!
Get a grip, buck stops with Clueso and the bald scottish mute

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2010, 09:09:17 PM »
I can only consider this logically in that the club are fully aware January needs to be busy, ergo most of Houllier's transfer requests will have been worked on for some considerable time now. The club have backed him, albeit in a low-key way - they said on BRMBlues last night that the thought of giving Houllier the flick was anathema to RL and the higher-ups. If I was a betting man the trigger-fingers won't start flexing until either the Sunderland or Sheff Utd games.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
I think, and kinda hope, he gets 3-4 players in the first week of the window, we stuff Sheff U and Sunderland and their backing of him is justified.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »
Defeat at Chelski, defeat at home to S'land (the team that won at The Bridge will turn up) and then a vote of confidence for GH

He'll then be gone within the week

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »
I cannot believe some low life on here are having a pop at Sid for this debacle !!

That is your opinion that you have put in such an awful way. Cheap insults and calling fellow posters 'low life'- out of order.

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
Defeat at Chelski, defeat at home to S'land (the team that won at The Bridge will turn up) and then a vote of confidence for GH

He'll then be gone within the week

Or a fighting display at Chelsea earning a draw and a battling win against Sunderland and all is rosy again! Us Villa fans are so negative!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

Why does the buck stop with one member of the backroom staff, but not another, and anyone who says differently is 'low life'? I don't think Sid is in any way to blame for what's going on, but if criticism is being dished out he can't be immune on account of previous service.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
I see Liverpool are losing at home to Wolves. Will people want Uncle Roy when he gets the push up there?!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

Why does the buck stop with one member of the backroom staff, but not another, and anyone who says differently is 'low life'? I don't think Sid is in any way to blame for what's going on, but if criticism is being dished out he can't be immune on account of previous service.

What is mcallister role?
What is Sids?
Does Sid have any hand in team selection / subs etc ?

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2010, 09:22:04 PM »
Give him a transfer window. He's obviously trying to change things but he's got non-performing hoofers who've reverted to type. I'm sure someone like allardyce could come in and improve things quicker but then we're back to square one. If we'll still struggling near the bottom by mid-february then panic

Surely MON created a team that was efficient at what it did. Call them hoofers if you want but I'd easily settle for 6th and 2 Wembleys at the moment. To ask the same players to start playing a different game from day one was a gamble to say the least.
That was "two" Wembleys (one final) in 4 years and we never looked like scoring in either (penalty apart).

No plan B. No clue.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2010, 09:23:22 PM »

That is your opinion that you have put in such an awful way. Cheap insults and calling fellow posters 'low life'- out of order.

Totally. Who has criticised Sid?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »

What is mcallister role?
What is Sids?
Does Sid have any hand in team selection / subs etc ?

I've no idea for either of them, which is why I wonder why one is fair game and the other isn't.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #792 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:21 PM »

Sorry to interrupt your tedious stream of "OMG! SACK HIM! SACK HIM!" posts, but nobody is having a pop at Sid.

The reason I mentioned him was because lots of people - you included - seem to be suggesting it is Houllier, as he's the manager, or it is Lerner as he's the chairman, or it is McAllister as he is the assistant manager, and that the problem is the coaching - basically, picking names with a scattergun approach - how, for example, can anyone without intimate knowledge of what goes on at BMH place the blame so specifically?

And how come if you take that approach, our first team coach is not also getting picked on? Assuming your "Sid has no power in the training" comment is what it sounds like - absolute nonsense made up to suit your argument.

I'll tell you why, because he's a Villa hero, but for all we know he might be the problem, so if you're going to be laying the blame at the coaching team so squarely, you'd better be very aware of the precise details of who does what if you're going to exclude Sid.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #793 on: December 29, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »
Apologies for calling people "low life"
Just very frustrated with the management and that now even Sid is getting blamed

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #794 on: December 29, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
Incidentally, if you're going to resort to pathetic racial insults like "Clueso" you might want to at least learn to fucking spell it properly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal