collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437349 times)

Offline Jimbo

Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2010, 12:59:08 AM »
Holt's piece is astoundingly naive and simplistic. I'm struggling to believe any editor would let that fly. Even for The Mirror.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2010, 01:01:11 AM »
Ignore whatever Oliver Holt has to say - he's a Man City fan.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2010, 01:04:41 AM »
ah come on they know its bollocks. Just trying to sell papers. probobly comes with a villa badge split down the middle to denote a crisis

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2010, 01:06:25 AM »
Ignore whatever Oliver Holt has to say - he's a Man City fan.

Holt is also big mates with MON - his piece is just the latest in a line of "MON was great and Villa were lucky to have him" style propaganda.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2010, 01:06:30 AM »
Quite. i'm also pretty sure we've spent as much as any club in the premier since GH was appointed
I hope that this is tongue in cheek, considering no club has spent anything since Houllier was appointed.

It it's not then I part company with Greg's mentalism here and now.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2010, 01:14:59 AM »
Quite. i'm also pretty sure we've spent as much as any club in the premier since GH was appointed
I hope that this is tongue in cheek, considering no club has spent anything since Houllier was appointed.

tongue very much in cheek. what do you take me for?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #516 on: December 29, 2010, 01:19:41 AM »

tongue very much in cheek. what do you take me for?
Fair's fair Greg, you do have a considerable history for rather "out there" viewpoints. The above post made seriously wouldn't even make it into your Top 100 craziest posts.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #517 on: December 29, 2010, 01:29:38 AM »
*refers honourable member to signature*

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #518 on: December 29, 2010, 01:45:20 AM »
The desire to be rid of Houllier is bloodlust. He is a nice guy and Randy engaged him on positive merits in his character as much as past achievements.
Nice guy and past performance is obviously not good enough for the rank and file in these dreadful economic times. Instant success or call the tumbril is the order of day.
If he#s invited out at this stage it is truely madness on Randy and co's part. If he leaves I could almost understand it. Overall he needs a year to sort matters after the state they were left in. The old squad members have mixed affiliations as Carew in particular demonstrates. Maybe Pires is sapping his authority and influence? Something is amiss in the state of Denmark for sure.
We gave Houllier the invitation. If he had any sense he merely took a sabbatical from his job with the French FA and can always go back to it.
Incipient madness is creeping into football and life in general reflects it.
What we need is a good War to put the thinking straight and get matters into a proper perspective.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #519 on: December 29, 2010, 01:48:11 AM »
The desire to be rid of Houllier is bloodlust. He is a nice guy and Randy engaged him on positive merits in his character as much as past achievements.
Nice guy and past performance is obviously not good enough for the rank and file in these dreadful economic times. Instant success or call the tumbril is the order of day.
If he#s invited out at this stage it is truely madness on Randy and co's part. If he leaves I could almost understand it. Overall he needs a year to sort matters after the state they were left in. The old squad members have mixed affiliations as Carew in particular demonstrates. Maybe Pires is sapping his authority and influence? Something is amiss in the state of Denmark for sure.
We gave Houllier the invitation. If he had any sense he merely took a sabbatical from his job with the French FA and can always go back to it.
What we need is a good War to put the thinking straight and get matters into a proper perspective.

That would make sense if Houllier hadn't alienated half the dressing room and the vast majority of the fans.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #520 on: December 29, 2010, 01:54:57 AM »
I forgot the to add the Villa is above all normal considerations, of course.

That would make sense if Houllier hadn't alienated half the dressing room and the vast majority of the fans.

Yes. and he should have half of those out, if given the chance, to re-establish his authority and AV in the league.
There is a War going on..who will win? The players or the management? The players need to win on the park..

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #521 on: December 29, 2010, 01:55:09 AM »
No moaning about how unreliable the links are, I'm just the messenger.

http://astonvilla-views.com/2010/12/28/rumour-randy-has-asked-houllier-to-leave-avfc-houllierout/

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #522 on: December 29, 2010, 01:57:26 AM »
Don't know whether it means anything, but I can't find any online bookmakers quoting prices on Next manager to leave.

I tried to have £50 on Skybet at 4/1 earlier, but they only let me have £27.50
Now theres no odds. 

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #523 on: December 29, 2010, 02:07:01 AM »
If he has gone it is a dreadful state of affairs.
Something more deeply wrong here. 
There will be no transfers in Jan, worth a damn, if he has departed.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #524 on: December 29, 2010, 02:16:58 AM »
Much as I enjoy your writing style (very HST if I may say so) I'd be far more concerned if supporters weren't  calling for GH's head at this point.

We can put our own players down more than most in the land, but this is no Dog & Duck XI, no dismal collection of journeyman pro's who could only hope to gain some sense of achievement or even a decent sequence of results by overachieving.

This is a team that finished 6th, 6th and 6th in one of the hardest leagues in the World - and possibly underachieved in doing that.

Now we're scrambling about with the likes of the Olbiyun, B-lose and other dross at the arse end of the table.

Something would be seriously, seriously remiss if Villa fans were in cruise control and actually felt this level of decline was acceptable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal