collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:36:10 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:14:34 PM]

Robin Olsen by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 08:11:59 PM]

Kits 23/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:07:36 PM]

Official Website by martin o`who??
[Today at 08:03:31 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by AV84
[Today at 07:47:51 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:48:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:36:10 PM]

[Today at 08:30:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:29:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:28:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by john e
[Today at 08:28:45 PM]

[Today at 08:27:32 PM]

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 08:27:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 08:24:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437393 times)

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2010, 10:54:35 PM »
My main concern when MON left was that under KM we looked like we had no leadership. I felt that is the main reason KM didn't get the job because he never showed enough passion in wanting the job.
Now we still show no leadershsip, no passion, no team spirit, no organisation. We let in silly goals and far too many late goals in either half of the match. We don't know how to put the ball in the net at the other end.
We never expected the run of injuries like we have had, which will affect the consistency.
There are too many issues for everyone to see that worries me. Nothing seems to be getting addressed.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »
How can a team who've finished 6th in 3 consecutive seasons become such a dismal team? This is the question Lerner should ask Houllier, and then hand him his P45. How anyone can keep his job with a record like Houllier's is beyond me. Lerner HAS to sack him. We're going to be relegated if he stays in charge.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »
Houllier just hasn't got the answers, the club is in turmoil (playing side at least) and unless Randy makes some brave decisions we're hurtling towards relegation.

Happy New Year folks!

Offline levico

« Reply #483 on: December 28, 2010, 10:58:48 PM »
Staying up is dependent on getting the same point total in the second half of the season as the first. Given that we sink to new depths of uselessness with every game - that seems a bit unlikely. Also, we need 3 teams worse than us - well even the clubs around us are picking up the odd win/point so I don't think we can take any solace there either.

It all looks very grim and for those younger fans who have no experience if supporting the club outside of the EPL - believe me it's no fun whatsover but at least the media ignore you.

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #484 on: December 28, 2010, 11:19:24 PM »
shades of Tommy Doherty here only quicker and not half as funny.
What if they don't care about relegation?
They are businessmen. They will have a plan for it..I hope.
What happened to 5-year plans?
What happened to strategy and long term faith in managers capability?
We are playing some instant gratification x-box game here.
Everyone else knows best and if the m-f moves blast him.
In the current scheme of things Houllier looks doomed but what will a replacement achieve?
It has been sad watching the decline but wishing won't stop it.
Houllier needs his own set of players and respect. Mon's choice is not his fault but he is either given support to sort it or sacked and be done with it and we start the process again. The latter is no guarantee of success either.
Like the little bird in the cowpat..whistling for help only makes things worse.
I hope they know what they are doing and quietly get on with it.
Fans are there for the good times and it painful right now but continuity may pay off in the end.
Basically I can't see them sacking him now.
Docherty went on to greatest achievements subsequent to being sacked by us. He was a better communicator is all...
Sad  days..hope..again ..hope things get better.  Bloodletting will not help save us now.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #485 on: December 28, 2010, 11:25:45 PM »
How can a team who've finished 6th in 3 consecutive seasons become such a dismal team? This is the question Lerner should ask Houllier, and then hand him his P45. How anyone can keep his job with a record like Houllier's is beyond me. Lerner HAS to sack him. We're going to be relegated if he stays in charge.

I am not commenting on whether Houllier should go but the same faults we are seeing now were clearly evident in the defeat at Newcastle and GH was not the manager then.  The team is just too soft and capitulates too easily.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2010, 12:09:44 AM »
sorry but i'm holding my nerve for now. Discounting where some people think this team should be currently, the bottom line is we've been beat by two teams in the top 4. ripping up the plans GH's made and presumably the transfer targets he has in place so someone else can be put in exactly the same position six months down the line reeks of turner/mcneil to me and we all know how that ended

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2010, 12:11:09 AM »
sorry but i'm holding my nerve for now. Discounting where some people think this team should be currently, the bottom line is we've been beat by two teams in the top 4. ripping up the plans GH's made and presumably the transfer targets he has in place so someone else can be put in exactly the same position six months done the line reeks of turner/mcneil to me and we all know how that ended

God.

Greg's making sense. Can today get any more surreal?

Offline villa for life

« Reply #488 on: December 29, 2010, 12:19:35 AM »
The thing is ....most people on here, bizarrely enough, wanted the guy, or at least preferred him to others mentioned. I found that strange at the time..actually when I first heard his name linked with the Villa job, I thought it was some kind of sick joke and still do. Maybe Lerner caved in to the very vocal section of fans that wanted - a glamour foreign signing.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #489 on: December 29, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »
The thing is ....most people on here, bizarrely enough, wanted the guy, or at least preferred him to others mentioned. I found that strange at the time..actually when I first heard his name linked with the Villa job, I thought it was some kind of sick joke and still do. Maybe Lerner caved in to the very vocal section of fans that wanted - a glamour foreign signing.

That's a contradiction, though. You say you were puzzled why people preferred him to the others on the list, but then refer to him as a glamour signing.

Think back to who was on the list. It was not impressive.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #490 on: December 29, 2010, 12:23:41 AM »
I like GH as a bloke, but I questioned his hunger and desire after having so long out of the game. MON struggled with it too at times, but this looks like being his downfall. 

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #491 on: December 29, 2010, 12:27:22 AM »
There's a rumor on Twitter that GH has gone by "mutual consent". As I said, it's a RUMOR !

Offline davevillan

« Reply #492 on: December 29, 2010, 12:32:16 AM »
There's a rumor on Twitter that GH has gone by "mutual consent". As I said, it's a RUMOR !
On facebook, people are saying sky sports report villa are making an announcement in the morning.
Allegedly he didnt travel back on the coach!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #493 on: December 29, 2010, 12:34:18 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if Sky Sports News have it as ''breaking news'' any second. "We've got some breaking news guys, our official and reliable source, Twitter have informed us Gerard Houllier has left Aston Villa".

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #494 on: December 29, 2010, 12:36:05 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if Sky Sports News have it as ''breaking news'' any second. "We've got some breaking news guys, our official and reliable source, Twitter have informed us Gerard Houllier has left Aston Villa".

Sky Sports News can confirm that a slavering attention seeking half wit in a council flat in Kingstanding has revealed that some bloke he went to school with for a year has announced in his Facebook status that Gerard Houllier will be sacked in the morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal