collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa players spotted while out shopping.  (Read 25385 times)

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
Re: Villa players spotted while out shopping.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2010, 08:24:35 PM »
I saw Petrov in the Mailbox about an hour ago wished him Merry Christmas, mind you Ive met most Villa players in the Mailbox Carew is in their everyday,.

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2010, 08:39:48 PM »
I'm astonished no one has spotted Richard Dunne coming out of a Greggs. 

Not likely, you would see him going in but need a SWAT team to get him out again.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2010, 09:01:17 PM »
Saw Darius Vassell after he scored against us for Man City soon after he had left us. We were on our way back from the game, had a couple of pints in Altrincham and went over to the kebab shop (as you do) and whilst we were in there Vass pulled up in his Porshe and ordered 2 Cheeseburgers. Was wearing his City blazer. Said he would always support the Villa and never wanted to leave. Posed for photos and very decent chap.

Me too :¬)

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2010, 10:02:02 PM »
I spotted Lazy, disinterested, serial liar Stephen Ireland twice.
First in 'Syrups R us' on Saturday, he was purcahsing a Chimpanzee, middle parting style Irish jig.
Then in the showroom of a Range Rover dealership, purchasing a ludicrously overpriced salmon pink affair.

I went to speak to him, but he said he couldn't chat as his Grandmother had been swallowed by a Basking Shark off the West coast of Ireland and he was still traumatised by it.

I don't think I would have wanted to speak to a 70's throwback wearing slippers and soiled trousers, pissed up on inexpensive lager and slurring incoherently either, although I would have come up with a more elaborate excuse I must admit.
Oh God, I haven't put my foot in it have I?
Are you fucking him?

Only with a chainsaw!

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »
My lad saw Albrighton and his missus in the car park at Ventura Park, Tamworth earlier this evening. Hardly a revelation really, as that's where he's from!.

Online The Left Side

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2010, 10:09:34 PM »
Back in the mid 90's my friends and I used to drink at Mellow on Broad St every sunday night, we would always see Yorkie, Ugo and Bosnich in their without fail... I even chatted to Brian Lara in there once, nice enough but in love with himself.

Offline Grande Pablo

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »
Derek Mountfield was in Asda Minworth, not long after he was released by Walsall, with a basket full on whiskey.

Steve Staunton can be found at Lichfield RFU watching his son on many a Sunday, trying to keep a low profile away from the Villa bores.

Chris Nicholl eating a carvery alone in The Broadway, Walsall, on a couple of occaisions.

Nearly ran over Phil King & his wife on the zebra crossing near TRW in Wylde Green the Friday after THAT penalty - I hadn't been driving long.  They were both a homage to pastle colours.

Dealt with the totally odeous Alistair Roberston whilst working at C&A Walsall - possible the rudest, billy big bollocks of a footballer I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
My lad saw Albrighton and his missus in the car park at Ventura Park, Tamworth earlier this evening. Hardly a revelation really, as that's where he's from!.
Deano was NOT born in the car park at Ventura.... although I would advise any mom-to-be not to risk shopping there if they're anywhere near due, that car park can be a bugger to escape!

Offline DesBremner

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
I see Doug Ellis in Waitrose in Mere Green quite regularly
Yes i know he wasn't a player but he tells everyone in Waitrose he was     ???

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 10:47:53 PM »
Steve Staunton can be found at Lichfield RFU watching his son on many a Sunday, trying to keep a low profile away from the Villa bores.
Are they like the Packington porkers? Villa's own line in gormet sausages running wild round the sports fields of Lichfield.

Many years ago in the Joe Venglos days me and a few mates were playing golf down Beacon park and spotted Derek Mountfield off the green, we shouted him but he tried to ignore us so we ran after him, it was like something out of Benny Hill, eventually Deadly Derek ran out of steam by the car park and begrudgingly signed all our scorecards - he must have thought we were inland revenue or something.

Offline lennythekad

• GM : 25.01.2023
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »
Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but the only Villa captain to ever lift the European Cup can be found in Tesco's, Lichfield most Friday mornings on his own, doing the weekly family shop. 

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »
Colin Gibson - Last week coming out of the offie on Boldmere Road, he looked like he had interrupted a bit of decorating to nip out for some cans.

Pat Heard - I was behind him on the Queslett Asda island on Friday.

Tony Morley - In Asda at Minworth last week.

3 of the class of '82 - all last week?!
Yer 'avin us on mate.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2010, 08:20:32 AM »
I'm astonished no one has spotted Richard Dunne coming out of a Greggs. 

Not likely, you would see him going in but need a SWAT team to get him out again.
And a jar of vaseline and a shoe horn.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2010, 08:23:47 AM »

Dealt with the totally odeous Alistair Roberston whilst working at C&A Walsall - possible the rudest, billy big bollocks of a footballer I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

The death stare that he gave me whilst I was sitting in the Directors Box at the Albion, celebrating Milan Baros placing a sweet penalty, will forever stick in my memory. Perhaps 'cos I turned round distinctively aimed to do it in his face.

Brendan Batson sitting next to him however,  was quite the gent.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
I know it's not a villa player but i met Jurgen Klinsmann shopping in birmingham i got to speak to him and he gave me his autograph.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal