collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by KRS
[Today at 11:03:17 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 11:01:12 AM]

VAR by Risso
[Today at 11:01:08 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by johnc
[Today at 10:22:47 AM]

Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by KRS
[Today at 11:03:17 AM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 11:01:12 AM]

Re: VAR by Risso
[Today at 11:01:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:58:20 AM]

Re: VAR by Drummond
[Today at 10:57:38 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:56:14 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Drummond
[Today at 10:55:33 AM]

Re: VAR by OCD
[Today at 10:54:05 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carlos Tevez has handed in a transfer request  (Read 21183 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Carlos Tevez has handed in a transfer request
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
I suspect it isn't so much about the day to day stuff - paying bills, doing the shopping etc - but the cultural differences, which would be considerable between here and South America.

I do think, though, that learning the language is an essential first step to getting some cultural awareness, and actually getting something out of living and working in a foreign country (beyond the 250 large a week, which must be nice).

When i lived abroad in the mid 90s, there was no easy way to get English satellite telly, there was no such thing as streaming stuff across the internet, and the web itself was in its early days. That forced me to start to engage with both the language and the culture, whereas nowadays, being an expat anywhere is both easier (you get to watch South American telenovelas all day if you want), but more solitary (you've no impetus to explore the host culture).

Having said that, I imagine it'll turn out to be the sort of problem which a huge amount of money will "fix"

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2010, 02:28:02 PM »
We can but surmise.

Maybe his constant toing and froing back home has pissed the hierarchy off.

I think it's Barca or Real next.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »
I've seen talk of him retiring completely

Must be nice to retire at 26!

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 04:07:45 PM »
I've seen talk of him retiring completely

Must be nice to retire at 26!

Man Citeh is a wealthy club without any soul - even the new stadium is soulless.

I see him as the type of guy who really enjoys playing the game, but needs to be with a club where he is appreciated.

Can't see him retiring, but that's clearly up to him - most Prem footballers can retire in theory after a few seasons in the first team on between £1 and God knows how many million £'s a year.

Even the 'poorest' can amass a couple of mill in 3 seasons !

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55:03 PM »
Danny Pugsley the editor of Citeh fanzine Bitter and Blue is on Channel 4 news.   His take on it is that it is all about his owner/agent/representative screwing more money out of the club.   

All the lot of them should have got a good legal slapping when they used West Ham to bend very clear FA rules.   In short Tevez and his representative have been taking the piss for years.   If the club tore up his existing contract and offered him an extra hundred grand a week the homesickness and yearning to be with his daughters would be forgotten.   For a while anyway.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2010, 09:50:46 PM »
When you put yourself up as a club that has limitless funds, a club that doesn't so much scout it's own players but rapes other clubs for theirs by promising the world, is it any surprise when they (or, rather, their agents) stick their hands out for more?

I hope and pray that this whole saga is something that's been engineered by Kia Joorabchian and that Man City let him have his way. Because every other player's agent will be outside Gary Cock's door with his hand out for more. Way more. And that would be really funny.

Man City...nothing really to do with football or the real world, is it?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »
In an odd sort of way I want Man City to win the league for no other reason than to show to Chelsea, Man Utd and even Spurs that it is possible to buy the league title. 

I would have thought that Chelsea at least would already be well aware of that since they did it themselves.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2010, 09:53:56 AM »
i would love it if that horrid little club imploded...

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2010, 10:44:08 AM »

Man City...nothing really to do with football or the real world, is it?

Certainly had an adverse effect on matters football imo.

They would argue that they've put a great deal of money into the game, and they have, but it isn't clever and it isn't funny.

When ( and it is when, not if) they win something, it will all seem so hollow, and 'what's next?' Citeh fans will ask - a bit like the rich parents daughter who's given a Mini Convertible on passing her driving test - only to want a BMW Coupe Conv after 12 months.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2010, 01:57:14 PM »
This is funny......

Interesting read from Football365 Mediawatch.

Sacrificial Lamb
Carlos Tevez, December 7: "I'm happy  here. I really am. I do miss my family, just like anyone would when they  are not around. But I don't see retirement happening for a long time to  come. A sacrifice has to be made when you make a commitment like I have  done with City and it is something I am going to see through. Once that  job is done I will have plenty of time with my kids."

Carlos  Tevez, December 12: "I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced  to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed."

A  Brief History Of Carlos Tevez
The boy's got form...

Boca  Juniors (2001-2004)
Tevez forces his way out of the club  claiming that the press intrusion in Argentina is too much for him and  his family and the club aren't doing enough to support him. Public  bust-up with manager also ensues.

Claims he loves the club and  supporters, and always will.

Time at club: Two-and-a-half  seasons.

Corinthians (2005-2006)
Tevez forces his way  out of the club, going on strike, after arguments - some physical - with  teammates, the head coach and the club president.

Claims he  loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club: One  season.

West Ham (2006-2007)
Tevez almost immediately  falls out with the manager and players. Storms off and threatens to go  on strike after being substituted. Goes AWOL to Argentina at one point.

Claims  he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club:  One season.

Manchester United (2007-2009)
Tevez  complains of being fatigued and overplayed in his first season. In his  second, he complains of being underplayed - drama queening it every time  he's taken off - managing just five goals, despite playing more minutes  than the league's third top scorer Fernando Torres. Parting shot of  "I'll scream in Ferguson's face when I score against them".

Claims  he loves the club and supporters, and always will.

Time at club:  Two seasons.

Manchester City (2009-????)
Tevez is  tired, homesick, wants to retire, takes time off to see his daughter and  is caught on camera spending that time allegedly banging his mistress  (the actually banging remains unphotographed), feels there's too much  greed in football despite being the highest-paid player in Britain,  hates football in general yet throws a wobbly every time he's taken off,  wants his old life back, hates the club executives, claims that he  would like to punch his young teammates and finally hands in a transfer  request.

Claims he loves the club and supporters, and always  will.

Time at club: One-and-a-half seasons so far, some of it  begrudgingly.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »
He's a bit of a whore really isn't he.

Offline Deano58

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2010, 09:21:17 PM »
i would love it if that horrid little club imploded...

"Small" and "horrid". Yep, that's us summed up. We've won the lottery and it certainly brings out the best in the neighbours. The interesting thing is the way some fans think that their own players are somehow playing out of love for the club and that City's "misfortune" as regards Tevez is some sort of divine retribution for "selling our soul", "ruining football" and all the other cliches beloved of the red tops.

Well, sorry to disabuse you but a professional footballer is just that, a professional footballer. He plays for the money, not the same reasons you and I play for. Not turning out on the local rec of a freezing Sunday morning, dodging dog turds and having the other team's manager as ref, but actually paying for the "privilege" too, no siree.

I genuinely would like all the rest of the teams outside the European cartel to win the lottery too so there actually was a level playing field. City fans know that we'll never play in the Champions league, it's a closed shop and Platini's protectionist rules are designed to keep it that way. Just so long as you realise that if you do get lucky, you won't either.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
Not all professional footballers are mercenary ******. Though I'll concede that most of them seem to be.

But even if Villa did win the lottery as this scummy lot have, we'd not be giving it the big one over our much bigger, far more successful neighbours....cuz we ARE the much bigger, far more successful neighbours!

I'd also hope that we'd retain at least some faith in our academy and in the local lads it's coughed up: players like Agbonlahor and Albrighton. Certainly I'd love to see a mix of the local lads and some international stars. But it would have to be a mix for me to really enjoy it. Otherwise it's soul-less, pointless and empty.

Which describes Man City's Stadium, history and trophy cabinet.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »
This, in my opinion, is just another round of Rooney-esque negotiation.  This time next week he'll have signed a bumper new contract and will be friends again with everyone at Citeh.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2010, 11:04:06 PM »
I'd also hope that we'd retain at least some faith in our academy and in the local lads it's coughed up: players like Agbonlahor and Albrighton. Certainly I'd love to see a mix of the local lads and some international stars. But it would have to be a mix for me to really enjoy it. Otherwise it's soul-less, pointless and empty.
Or for Man City, the likes of say Micah Richards or Joe Hart?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal