collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by remy
[Today at 05:52:44 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How long before......  (Read 23954 times)

Offline gervilla

How long before......
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »
What with our current run of form,league position and getting knocked out of the league cup by THEM , how long do you think it will be before the cries of  "Houllier Out" start to be heard around Villa Park.

Yes , I know, injuries and all that but you just know that can only wash for so long.

Offline Sutton_Villa23

Re: How long before......
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 09:56:23 PM »
Sack the manager after 11 games. Don't be so ridiculous. The bloke hasn't done anything wrong, we've had zero luck, we've actually played quite well in parts

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:57:59 PM »
True, but after last night we can all see the idiots can make themselves heard very easily.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
It will be a long time and rightly so. He's got a completely inherited side, which is crippled by injury. He has to be given the chance to stamp his mark on the side and get players in who he wants.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
I didn't say sack the manager. Yes we have had shit luck.
Im just asking  how long before.....

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »
Seeing as there weren't cries of O'Leary out or even GT out in the aftermath of 03/03/03 I'd say it will be a good long while before you'd actually hear that at a match.

There will be growing discontent and messageboards like these going into meltdown if we're still this low down the table come Jan/ Feb though, particularly if the plebs are above us.

One thing that bothered me last night was something McLeish said before the match.
"Two evenly matched teams, could go either way."  He was right, which was the worst thing about it. But -even allowing for injuries- how can that be the case with the money we've spent since 2006 and the cack he inherited in 2007?

Offline gervilla

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
Seeing as there weren't cries of O'Leary out or even GT out in the aftermath of 03/03/03 I'd say it will be a good long while before you'd actually hear that at a match.

There will be growing discontent and messageboards like these going into meltdown if we're still this low down the table come Jan/ Feb though, particularly if the plebs are above us.

One thing that bothered me last night was something McLeish said before the match.
"Two evenly matched teams, could go either way."  He was right, which was the worst thing about it. But -even allowing for injuries- how can that be the case with the money we've spent since 2006 and the cack he inherited in 2007?

Because MON was the one spending the money.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »
You've got to give GH until at least January 2012. In that time he'll have two windows,  going into a third to stamp his authority on the team.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
Anyone who calls for a manager's head before he's even having had a chance to sign a player is a cast-iron, 18-carat twat.

We're playing better football than under the last bloke.  Just making silly mistakes at the back and limited in options up front.  You can't blame Houllier for that.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »
On the internet there are always those who think their ideas are right and if they wanted somebody other than Houllier they will want him out already. Normal people think sacking a manager after three months, before he's had a chance to buy anyone or even pick a full-strength team, might be a bit premature.

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »
If we have another love-in at the Liverpool game a bit like the Pires one with Arsenal last week, where the Liverpool fans give him a great reception and then we roll over for them, followed by a disappointing result against the Baggies, it will probably start about then.

We can only keep blaming MON for so long.  Houllier's inherited a squad that maybe he doesn't want but it's a squad that finished 6th, took us to Wembley twice and won at OT, Anfield and Arsenal, not to mention beating the Blues regularly.

If he comes out at the start against Liverpool, takes the applause, sits back in the dugout for 90 minutes emotionless, then smiles happily with the Liverpool players after we've shipped another four, I won't be happy for one.

And yes I was happy with O'Neill and would happily take his results over nice football.

Offline Mark H

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »
There is no accounting for idiots so you may hear the odd shout but anybody who actually understands anything will not be shouting that, injuries late inherited team with season started and no time yet ....but as I say you cannot account for lack of common sense

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 10:49:39 PM »
You'd take Oneil's results.

Martin has set the club back years, he spent millions on average players and expensive wages.
As soon as he couldn't spend spend spend he fucked off at the worst possible time, he didn't even have the dignity to show some respect too the fans. He left at a time that would cause maximum damage.

I will never forgive Oneil.

On Houllier he brought the passion back for me, I was getting abit bored of knowing every team selection, knowing what sub would come on and knowing how one-dimensional we'd play.
Houllier is playing much better football and is allowing our youth to develop and he isn't moaning about all our injuries.
Houllier has a real pedigree and must be given time to succeed.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
To answer the OP's question, not long if we continue to lose. However wrong it may be, there will always be people who think their team has a divine right to win football matches.

The current manager needs to be given until at least the end of next season IMO.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 12:15:49 AM »
To the poster above who said that we finished sixth with the same squad under MON i would say remember the massive slumps two years running when we had vitually a full list to choose from. Anyone even thinking that this is somehow GHs fault should take a reality check. MON spent a fortune and was given the freedom to buy the players he wanted, the fact that a lot of them turned out to be dross cannot suddenly be blamed on GH. I think Martin got off very lightly the way he abandoned the club, the players and the supporters.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal