collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 12:49:46 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:49:01 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by adrenachrome
[Today at 12:48:40 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:48:25 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:44:19 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Drummond
[Today at 12:42:58 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Chris Harte
[Today at 12:42:08 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by john2710
[Today at 12:41:53 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young: Staying or going?  (Read 67171 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Ashley Young and Arsenal move
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 05:30:42 PM »
let him go, in fact we've got to let him go to get a decent price...he won't be missed that much...

Get a grip. He's the best player at the club.

I agree he is the best player at the club but he has to show it in performances as he has been off the boil for the last 12 months or so.

I alos have a bit more faith in Houllier, as opposed to MON, replacing him if he does leave.

Nonsense. Young has played well consistently since he joined Villa. The only difference now is that a 'familiarity breeds contempt' situation has set in with some fans who wouldn't know a good footballer if he was playing in their back gardens.
The man is excellent in a Villa shirt and continues to set up Villa goals on a consistent basis season in season out.
I don't think some fans will be happy until they've talked everyone of our better players out of the club. It's laughable.

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
let him go, in fact we've got to let him go to get a decent price...he won't be missed that much...

Get a grip. He's the best player at the club.

I agree he is the best player at the club but he has to show it in performances as he has been off the boil for the last 12 months or so.

I alos have a bit more faith in Houllier, as opposed to MON, replacing him if he does leave.

Nonsense. Young has played well consistently since he joined Villa. The only difference now is that a 'familiarity breeds contempt' situation has set in with some fans who wouldn't know a good footballer if he was playing in their back gardens.
The man is excellent in a Villa shirt and continues to set up Villa goals on a consistent basis season in season out.
I don't think some fans will be happy until they've talked everyone of our better players out of the club. It's laughable.

Nonsense. Ash is not the same player he was 2 years ago. As a winger we have not missed him overly with the emergence of Albrighton. And I think we can get a player who is a better support striker than Ash.

Don't get me wrong he is one of our best players BUT he is not irreplaceable. For £14-15m I would sell him and reinvest.

But hey it is all about opinions.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »
if we sold him plus 30 millions already in kitty. Plus another 10 millions on selling dead wood ie Davies, Heskey, Carew, Sidwell, and co.

If Gerard know a lot of decent players to buy say 6-9 millions pounds brackets we could buy lot of quality and our team will blossom.

Sell Young and buy Johnson from Man City for 10 millions less.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
Ash's best seasons were 07/08 and 08/09.

I would consider selling if we were offered £25m+

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
Entering the final year of his contract we'd be doing well to get anywhere close to £20 million.

£16-20mill would probably swing it.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 05:55:08 PM »

If he wants to go, let him go.

Does'nt get enough goals imho, let him go and get N'Zogbia instead.

Surprised if he goes to Arse or Spuds though, Arse have Walcot, Nasri, and Arseshavin as wide players.Spuds have Bale, Lennon, Bentley.....not sure he'd get that many games tbh.

What a bizarre post. A. Young is our best player. Generally, everything good we do goes through him or involves him.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:58:30 PM by Can Carew Be Bothered!?!? »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »

Surprised if he goes to Arse or Spuds though, Arse have Walcot, Nasri, and Arseshavin as wide players.Spuds have Bale, Lennon, Bentley.....not sure he'd get that many games tbh.

What a fucking stupid post. A. Young is our best player. Generally, everything good we do goes through him or involves him.

Try to find a less aggressive way of disagreeing with people, please.

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 05:57:32 PM »
What a load of shit on here.

You will not find a winger as good as him who works as hard for the team as he does. His attacking qualities are matched by his ability to think about and track back and helping out.

How to ensure mid-table mediocrity, sell your best players. Barry, Milner and now A.Young.

I really cannot believe people would happily sell him.

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2010, 05:58:41 PM »

What a fucking stupid post. A. Young is our best player. Generally, everything good we do goes through him or involves him.

Try to find a less aggressive way of disagreeing with people, please.

Apologies, it is now modified.

Offline jembob

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
His reaction to scoring against Utd at the weekend was very animated for Ash and I'm not sure whether to try and read something into it. I don't think he'll go in January if at all.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »
Ash's best seasons were 07/08 and 08/09.

I would consider selling if we were offered £25m+

With one year left on his contract, there is no way we will get that. 

Lets face it, Young is engineering a very nice situation for himself by not signing this contract.  It's frustrating as there is a really good feel about the club at the moment.  The youngsters are busting a gut to establish themselves at Villa, Gabby has signed a long term deal, plus there is the prospect of a few new signings. 

Young sticks out like a saw thumb as the one that isn't buying into this new villa revolution.

If he signs a new contract then obviously all will be forgiven but at the moment I would be inclined to sell him to the highest bidder in January.  Onwards and upwards...

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:36 PM »
I really cannot believe people would happily sell him.

I'm not sure anyone is "happy" to sell him, its just that the circumstances* suggest that he wants to leave.  If that is the case then surely Villa are better off trying to get the best deal possible for the club and indeed part of the fun of being a fan is speculating about who we could/should sign.

* refusing to sign this contract whilst he concentrates on his football etc

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
Have to agree with the posters saying that he's up there with our current best.  Selling him in the summer would be shite and yet another summer of "oh well, maybe we'll reinvest" type conversations on here.  But ultimately, if we keep selling our better players it won't matter how good the kids might become because the first time another club comes in they'll be off too.  It has to stop somewhere but there seems to be an air or inevitability that he's off next summer.

Selling him at christmas would definitely signal we've given up on competing but considering it's almost certainly bollocks I won't be worrying.

Offline ez

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »
Sadly i think he'll go in Jan or at the end of the season. He must have realised that with O'Neil leaving when he did and the injury situation we are unlikely to be in the champs league until the 2012/13 season at the earliest. He won't wait that long.

Offline Captain Trips

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »
He's becoming a regular in the England squad. He'll be gone soon. If he does, I hope its Arsenal and not Spuds

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal