collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houllier Tells Carew Villa Need Unity  (Read 3026 times)

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 02.08.2021
Houllier Tells Carew Villa Need Unity
« on: November 10, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
After calling Carew paranoid (not a good management ploy in my experience) Houllier has held a team meeting to "clear the air".

Houllier said "We had a meeting with the whole team to clarify things because there was a discrepancy between my words, which were full of praise for him, (my italics) and what was put up in the Norwegian press. He realised that had to be clarified in front of everybody. It's in adversity that you become stronger. A lot of things have changed. We have to stick together."

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Houllier Tells Carew Villa Need Unity
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
So a sort of clear the air talk so hopefully carew up's his game and we can move on.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »
Don't see as this will make a big difference as he'll be gone in Jan or the summer regardless and most likely be injured for most of the time until then.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:36:12 AM by John M »

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
Carew's got 6 months to get his form right and make sure a club offers him a deal for next season.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 03:45:13 PM »
Carew's got 6 months to get his form right and make sure a club offers him a deal for next season.

I really can't see Carew getting a new deal, I think Sidwell's got a better chance

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 04:17:18 PM »
Carew is finished at Villa.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
After calling Carew paranoid (not a good management ploy in my experience) Houllier has held a team meeting to "clear the air".

Houllier said "We had a meeting with the whole team to clarify things because there was a discrepancy between my words, which were full of praise for him, (my italics) and what was put up in the Norwegian press. He realised that had to be clarified in front of everybody. It's in adversity that you become stronger. A lot of things have changed. We have to stick together."

The way I understand this is that Carew was in Norway when Houllier was asked the questions about him. Houllier's perfectly reasonable responses to these questions were then taken out of context by the Norwegian press, and Carew was responding to these reports. Carew's outburst was obviously still an overreaction, but now that he is back in the country they have been able to talk face to face rather than Chinese whispers through the international press.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal