collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: Rooney signs new 5 year contract!  (Read 68428 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: 0% villa-Rooney to leave in January?
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 12:47:45 PM »
All looks like the work of an agent looking to manipulate contract negotiations to me.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 12:48:25 PM »
apparently ferguson is doing a press conference in half an hour and has said in advance that he won't answer any questions about Wayne Rooney.

There's always some poor sap who has been told to ask anyway. It is excruciating. Especially when it's you

The guys a meglomaniac. Welcome to planet United.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 12:53:42 PM »
All looks like the work of an agent looking to manipulate contract negotiations to me.

An uncredited source from Red Cafe

Wayne Rooney signs his own death warrant

Wayne Rooney has more vindictiveness off the pitch than people think.

This might surprise people.

When Wayne Rooney instructed his camp to brief the press last night of his intention to leave, he knew that he was signing his own death warrant at Manchester United. The club that he has fallen out of love with. It was calculated, measured and cold.

I received the call at 7:00pm. I was given various quotes, told firmly that they were all 'on the record' and left in no doubt that the information had to go out today. I have a reasonable relationship with Rooney's people, which prompted me to ask 'is this an exclusive?'. 'Of course not', I was told in no uncertain terms. The modus operandi was to create a media frenzy. I was one of a long line of people fed the information.

The most shocking thing for me, personally, was Rooney's willingness to throw Alex Ferguson - the man he has previously called a father figure - under the bus so easily. Without any thought. Much of the information given to me was scathing about Ferguson - and he IS prepared to run his contract down.

Rooney's grievance? His manager's perceived lack of support. The same manager that refused to crucify his player in public, despite the bloodlust calling for it in the national press. The same manager that, rather than simply dropping his underperforming player to the bench, gave him an excuse by way of an ankle injury to rest both his head and body - an excuse that Rooney angrily, petulantly threw back in his face in a very public manner.

Of course, ask any Everton supporter and Rooney has form for this sort of behaviour.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »
Rooney to Real Madrid, with Lassana Diarra and Benzema going the other way as part of the deal.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2010, 01:12:26 PM »
No self respecting Spanish club will touch him. Only 2 clubs in England can afford him and he won't go to Eastlands.

Chelsea it is then.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »
The difference john m is heinze wasn't British-Rooney is a Lancashire lad and by all accounts would prefer to stay in that area for many reasons - going to city would be the perfect revenge on sir alex and he'd be staying in same home, keeping his family settled and on more money too - as well as joining probably a better team , it could be the end of sir alex and utds empire may come crashing down with him.

All of those are reasons for Rooney to want to go there and not for Fergie to agree to the deal.  However, the financial position there does weaken his position, so we'll have to wait and see! 

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »

An uncredited source from Red Cafe

Wayne Rooney signs his own death warrant

This might surprise people.

When Wayne Rooney instructed his camp to brief the press last night of his intention to leave, he knew that he was signing his own death warrant at Manchester United. The club that he has fallen out of love with. It was calculated, measured and cold.

I received the call at 7:00pm. I was given various quotes, told firmly that they were all 'on the record' and left in no doubt that the information had to go out today. I have a reasonable relationship with Rooney's people, which prompted me to ask 'is this an exclusive?'. 'Of course not', I was told in no uncertain terms. The modus operandi was to create a media frenzy. I was one of a long line of people fed the information.

The most shocking thing for me, personally, was Rooney's willingness to throw Alex Ferguson - the man he has previously called a father figure - under the bus so easily. Without any thought. Much of the information given to me was scathing about Ferguson - and he IS prepared to run his contract down.

Rooney's grievance? His manager's perceived lack of support. The same manager that refused to crucify his player in public, despite the bloodlust calling for it in the national press. The same manager that, rather than simply dropping his underperforming player to the bench, gave him an excuse by way of an ankle injury to rest both his head and body - an excuse that Rooney angrily, petulantly threw back in his face in a very public manner.

Of course, ask any Everton supporter and Rooney has form for this sort of behaviour.

My god i think i am getting a stiffy - i fucking hate them with such a passion - nothing would make my season more than to see them start to fall apart.

Even if the get the Glaziers to sell there is no way that they would even get their money back never mind a profit

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
So Ferguson is allowed to brief against Rooney and nobody bats an eyelid. Rooney has a go back and he's `thrown Fergie under the bus'.

Nice

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »
As much as I loathe this new Man Citeh, i'd probably give myself a hernia laughing if he walked out on them to go there.

Offline eastie

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2010, 03:51:15 PM »
John m how can fergie stop Rooney going to man city if he wants to go there? They either take the money from city this season or he goes there at the end of next season for nothing!

Fergie can not decide where Rooney goes- Rooney will decide that and has has been stated he's prepared to run his contract out and leave for nothing if necessary.he left everton for man utd andake no mistake if as widely reported he does not want to leave the north west then he would be happy to rub fergies nose in it and join city.

Fergie can not stop him going there - he will be free to go where he wants for nothing- I think it'd will sell him to city as they will realise that if they don't they won't get a penny

The utd dynasty is almost over and about time too! 

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »
If they are selling him while under contract then yes they can, by simply not accepting the City offer, should one come in.  I do think there will be overseas interest, so if City and say AC Milan bid, then they can accept AC's bid and reject City's.

It then becomes a matter of brinksmanship if Fergie is threatening him with rotting in the reserves for a year.  Does Rooney wait it out and go on a Bosman or does he have concern for what basically not playing for a year will do to his career and sign for AC Milan? 

In the past Fergie won these sort of standoffs due to him having final say at the richest club in the world.  But they aren't that anymore.  I think he'll try it and we'll see a long drawn out affair, but Fergie is stubborn enough to not blink first.  Question is atre the Glaziers? 

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
Whoever does end up with him it will be for a fair bit less than £50 million.  To command that sort of fee you need to be playing exceptionally well.  Rooney isn't even playing average. 

A very nice mess all round is this.

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »
Rooney signs his own death warrant? United fans talk absolute trash. This is the beginning of the end of Fergie and United. He's getting old - making some baffling decisions as of late and clearly has fell out with his biggest and last real superstar.

Offline eastie

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2010, 06:02:31 PM »
Rooneys sources already have quoted him as bring prepared to run down his contract - he will only go where he wants to go and utd aren't in a position where they can let him walk away free- I think city will get him in the summer as it appears he wants to stay in that area, fergie won't want a disruptive influence hanging around the place and will want him gone .

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »
apparently ferguson is doing a press conference in half an hour and has said in advance that he won't answer any questions about Wayne Rooney.

There's always some poor sap who has been told to ask anyway. It is excruciating. Especially when it's you

Go on ask, I'm hoping he will stop talking to every TV channel going. As an aside. Do the Beeb bother sending anyone to these or do they just send a Work Experience person with a tape recorder.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal