collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Speedway - A different kind of sport  (Read 55392 times)

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: Speedway - A different kind of sport
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »
Going to Lakeside Hammers-v-Brummies this Friday. First time I have been to the speedway since being a Perry Bar regular in the mid 70s. Really looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they have home and away ends at the speedway nowadays?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
Going to Lakeside Hammers-v-Brummies this Friday. First time I have been to the speedway since being a Perry Bar regular in the mid 70s. Really looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they have home and away ends at the speedway nowadays?

And pitch invasions.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »

No mate, it's more civilised than football. Just turn up & enjoy. I'm going to the same fixture on wednesday at Perry Barr.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2012, 07:48:51 AM »

No mate, it's more civilised than football. Just turn up & enjoy. I'm going to the same fixture on wednesday at Perry Barr.

Thanks. Hope you had a good night on Wednesday.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
Anyone going to the GP on saturday. 6 of us are staying in Newport & making our way into Cardiff on the day, we'll be outside the City Arms around one ish if anyone fancies a pint. Look out for a large/loud group most of which will have wolves speedway shirts on (grrrrr) & a silly sequined american flag with Hancock's name on (the missus). Hope everyone has a good time.

I'm going for a Nicki Pedersen Win & Vaculik to place.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
What an awesome GP that was....and what an awesome performance from Holder.
Best GP series for a long time and it's getting too tight to call...looks like one from Herbie, Noddy and Nicki. Crumpy and Emil outsiders now...

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »
Holder in Pole position....Hancock looks down on confidence now, Lindback looks so quick lately.
Nicki P far from out of it though not impressed by him fencing Andreas, he knew exactly what he was doing. 3 horse race now I reckon....

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2012, 11:39:49 AM »
Holder in Pole position....Hancock looks down on confidence now, Lindback looks so quick lately.
Nicki P far from out of it though not impressed by him fencing Andreas, he knew exactly what he was doing. 3 horse race now I reckon....

Holder now a big favourite for me, he seems calm & focused, whereas I agree with you about hancock, he's led for so long that it must be a huge disappointment to let go now.

Yet another disappointing night for Harris, I reckon it's time he stood down & hopefully the promoters give a young brit a slot.

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2012, 03:38:02 PM »
I agree about Harris. I like they guy but he just isn't up to the standard. Sadly I really don't see any young brit being able to compete at that level right now. Tai Woffendon maybe? It's almost certain that Ward will be in next year. He's considering not riding in the UK due to the fact that he'll be in the GP's.

Greg won't let it go without a fight...if anyone can turn it round he can. Am rooting for Holder of course, he seems to have really come of age the last 3 months. Have a nasty niggling feeling that Nicky Pederson will be very very close. Next GP on his home soil I think, then the last one on Holders Polish home track.

Best GP series for many a year...

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #159 on: September 22, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »
2 points between Holder & Pedersen, it's a kind of good v evil fight. Hancock for me is out of it now, but I still wouldn't rule out him taking advantage of any possible cock ups by Holder & NP. Best GP season in a long time.

Looking forward to the Brummies in the playoffs, I reckon Swindon will win easily over 2 legs, but Birmingham deserve credit for being in this position. The Danny King/Ben Barker partnership is key to any future success.

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »
It's been an awesome GP series, best ever I think. Torun is Holders home track but NP looks quick and determined and there will be lots of spoilers in Hancock, Gollob, Lindnack, Crump, Emil & co. Gonna be a nail biter.

Of course I hope Holder wins it, but would be nice to see him win it just to break up the dominence of the "old guard"...

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
Well done Chris Holder...awesome, deserved and best in the world.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »
Glad Holder won, thoroughly deserved. I reckon we may see a few retirements over the winter & a new era starting next year.

Offline avfcpg

« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Indeed. Well Crump has gone now and what an awesome rider he has been in the GP's. Think he's the only one as far as I know. Both Gollob and Hancock will be carrying on.
Lindback showing just what a talent he can be, before his errr dubious lifestyle habits. Ward will be in next year plus Emil, Jesper Jensen, one or two of the Poles...it could be as good as this year.

I can't see a Brit being in them though....sad decline of our GB Speedway it seems.

Offline Warren Aspinall

« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2012, 08:24:22 AM »
New line up with added Tai Woffinden.

2013 FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX LINE-UP:

1. Chris Holder (Australia)

2. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)

3. Greg Hancock (USA)

4. Tomasz Gollob (Poland)

5. Emil Sayfutdinov (Russia)

6. Antonio Lindback (Sweden)

7. Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden)