collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup 4th Round Draw - Home to Burnley  (Read 33929 times)

Offline Blackcountry Villa

Re: League Cup 4th Round Draw - Home to Burnley
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »
It would be great, and anyone who wouldn't go because we were playing Blues is a big girl.

Once you saw a fraction of the carnage which would kick off you'd be changing your mind.
Personally i'd rather play them in the semis, two night games home and away, it would be like the games when they first came up not like these tame noon kick offs.

Yes, they were great those two, weren't they?

Are you ever going to understand that this isn't a video game, innocent people get caught up in what you doubtless call 'atmosphere' and I for one would rather go to a match without the thought that every minute I'm outside my front door I'm having to be careful?
They were great. It's a shame VP hasn't been that intimidating since, but it would come close with a two legged semi final against them.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »
Think this season has big prospects and that progression will bring the crowds and atmosphere back to Villa park .....

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Game to be played Wednesday 27 th Ocober 7.45 pm kick off

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
Tell you what BCV, rather than thousands of ordinary match-day going supporters being caught up in the mayhem that would ensue if we played a LC semi-final against them in the evening after the nutters on both sides had been drinking for hours, why don't you just walk into the Pump Tavern in Handsworth in a Klu Klux Klan outfit? The intimidation would be similar but it will only be you getting a kicking.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:58:49 PM by Dave Cooper »

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
I wish I was as brave and tough as Blackcountry Villa. He comes across as being really cool, I bet he looks like the Fonz.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
I love those intimidating cup nights, crouched in a doorway with my kids

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »
The main reason I wouldn't want to play them is because they're due to beat us. Even though we're considerably better than they are the law of averages says we can't keep winning. I'm dreading playing them in October, simply because we've beaten them six times in a row. This logic is somewhat silly I know.

The same law of averages says that after 100 years they should have actually won something, yet they continue to be a club that defies modern scientific understanding.

There is that.

But I tend to side with the original chap.

We've lost to worse sides  than them over the last 12-18 months and -setting aside my obvious dislike for them as a Villa fan- in recent seasons they have become semi competent.

I'd much rather avoid any aggro on or off the pitch and stick to playing them twice every season in the league only. Or better yet, McLeish bails on them and they sink like a stone, robbing them of their two biggest games per season.

We can beat them ten times on the bounce, won't register. They only need to beat us once and if it's in a tournament that we stand a decent chance of winning we'd never hear the end of it.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2010, 07:21:56 PM »
It would be great, and anyone who wouldn't go because we were playing Blues is a big girl.

Once you saw a fraction of the carnage which would kick off you'd be changing your mind.
Personally i'd rather play them in the semis, two night games home and away, it would be like the games when they first came up not like these tame noon kick offs.

Are you ever going to understand that this isn't a video game, innocent people get caught up in what you doubtless call 'atmosphere' and I for one would rather go to a match without the thought that every minute I'm outside my front door I'm having to be careful?
They were great. It's a shame VP hasn't been that intimidating since, but it would come close with a two legged semi final against them.

Sorry for the multiple quote, but they were far from 'great' in any way at all. I'd be a big girl.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »

So intimidating we lost both games by a 5-0 aggregate and in the home leg disgraced ourselves both on the pitch and off it.  I was ashamed to be a Villa fan the day after 030303 and I never want to let those bastards take the moral high ground again.  You can take your intimidation and stick it. 

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »
We haven't lost to any of our West Midlands rivals for 5 years... the law of averages isn't exactly the 'law' lol. When small heath come up to Villa Park at Halloween they'll stick 5 in the midfield, park the bus and try and nick something towards the end - just like last season but failed because they seem to think you can't foul a player if you get a scrape of the ball - perhaps they'll learn from their mistake and actually try and play football with a 4-4-2 and not be pussies being afraid of losing again.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2010, 09:22:51 PM »

Yes, the bricks that were flying over my head on Witton Lane were great. The Villa fans who attacked their own were great. The police being assaulted was great. The man Damon's dad wrote about dying in the street while the sound of fighting and police sirens filled the air was great. Our manager being so ashamed of what happened that night he thought about resigning on the spot was great. The image shown around the world of our club being dragged into the gutter was great. Leaving the ground early because for the first and only time ever I just wanted to be away from there was great.

Is that really what you want football to be about?

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
Shite, I remember that piece from Brian Green in H&V.

Truely awful night on so many levels that as Dave has stated.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »
Tell you what BCV, rather than thousands of ordinary match-day going supporters being caught up in the mayhem that would ensue if we played a LC semi-final against them in the evening after the nutters on both sides had been drinking for hours, why don't you just walk into the Pump Tavern in Handsworth in a Klu Klux Klan outfit? The intimidation would be similar but it will only be you getting a kicking.

As any Steel Pulse fan from Handsworth will tell you, it's Ku Klux Klan

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2010, 10:01:23 PM »
I've never known at atmosphere like that night any game before or after, nearly everyone was foaming at the mouth, myself included. An experience.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2010, 07:14:49 AM »

As any Steel Pulse fan from Handsworth will tell you, it's Ku Klux Klan

Oops!
I just like the alliteration of the extra 'l'.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal