collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Replica shirts delayed  (Read 38490 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Replica shirts delayed
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
IT HAS GOT to be a 2 year shirt now.

The continual changing every season is taking the piss...

That's something I do agree is a pisstake.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »

Because it is the worst delay ever?

Maybe, but in that case why not aim the abuse at Nike, whose fault it primarily is, rather than the club, whose role is at best secondary?

It is Nikes fault that there is now an exceptional delay. It is the clubs fault that there was an original delay by not annoucing the sponsors earlier and still relying on Nike even after problems the first few years. Don't forget we have had two years to find acceptable sponsors yet we find oner only at a time that stops Nike launching a kit late July or early August like the other teams they supply even though at least one of their teams changed sponsors in that time period.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »

Because it is the worst delay ever?

Maybe, but in that case why not aim the abuse at Nike, whose fault it primarily is, rather than the club, whose role is at best secondary?

The club should have a contract with Nike with an SLA attached, an SLA linked to delivery T's and C's.

I bet it hasn't though.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
We'd be more right to complain if we paid £49 for a shirt which disintegrated like Heskey in the penalty area after one wash. It's embarrassing but at least they're not trying to pull the wool (or poly-cotton fibre) over our eyes.

I'm not buying another one anyway, I've got plenty. I'm too old and too fat; they're too expensive.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
Bloody hell, what on earth are they doing at VP?  We're doing a good impression of being run by a bunch of clueless numpties at the moment. 
How does a shirt being badly made come down to being the club's fault?

They appointed Nike, and then took ages finding a sponsor.  In a large organization you take responsibility for your actions.  The club is responsible for getting a kit out for sale, and they've failed to so so.  Is anything their fault in your eyes?

When it is, yes. When it's someone else's fault, no. Is anything not their fault in your eyes?

I'm still mostly happy with Lerner, but when we don't yet have a date for either our new manager to actually start work, or a date other than sometime near to Christmas for a new kit, I think it's fair to criticise them.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2010, 06:20:23 PM »
Bloody hell, what on earth are they doing at VP?  We're doing a good impression of being run by a bunch of clueless numpties at the moment. 

How does a shirt being badly made come down to being the club's fault?

It is not the first or second time that we have had delayed kits in the fours years we have had Nike. And we seem to be the only ones that this seems to happen to.

We seem to have an excuse for it every single season.

First because we moved to Nike, then because of Acorns, I can't remember what excuse for last season, but I bet it was shit, and now this. It's like the start of the footballing season takes the club by surprise.

Say what you like about Ellis, but at least the kits came on time.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »
I bet it's not going to be a 2 year shirt.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2010, 06:22:33 PM »
Quite simply, we must now:
1.  Keep these kits for two years
2.  Negotiate a change of kit supplier for the season after next and have them lined up ready for sale in June

As others have said, can you imagine Nike dicking Man U or Arsenal about like this?  Me neither.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
I wasn't able to view the full announcement at work, so I've only just read that they intend to charge us £50 for it, the jolly japes this club plays. Maybe they'd like us to bend over at the same time.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »
Fear not, they already have the design for next season's kit ready to go! ;-)

Offline gervilla

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
As a club we are starting to look very smalltime. If this was happening at the sty we would be laughing at them. Pathetic.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
What is all the fuss about regarding the kit?

If we have a new one out next season it probably won't come out until Christmas anyway - thus meaning you'll still get your 12 months worth of shirt. ;-)

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
This is gutting, I was planning to get one for my birthday, but now I just won't bother, the club was already offering free number and name for the september release, charging £45 is just disgraceful

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »
It's downright unacceptable. Not only that but then to charge so much and then to change it for the next season giving about 7 months of wear from it.

The clubs fault or not (and I'd expect that Nike what with having been at the sportskit making lark for years might have been professional enough to avoid it) it is pretty much unprecedented. Out of curiosity I wonder if this has happened to another club before? Four or five months late? The least that should be expected is they decide to let it last two seasons or provide a large discount. It really is a pisstake.

Offline eastie

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2010, 07:04:41 PM »
Dave cooper is totally right- I've pre odrered the shirt and now it's November it should also be next seasons shirt!

Nike seem to put other so called bigger clubs as a priority to us , and I will be glad to see the contract ended and get back to someone more reliable , we always seem to be last to get our shirt release date.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal