collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is anybody worried about the Blues signing Hleb and co while we did nothing?  (Read 18113 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024

They finished behind us by some way last season and to achieve the magnificent heights of (I think) 9th based on all out defence and a top class keeper. They have lost the keeper and shipped two goals to both Sunderland and Bolton  in their last two outings where last season they would have earned a clean sheet and three points each. Look at who plays for them: Steve Carr, Barry Ferguson, Liam Ridgewell and that little turncoat cast-off Gardner are regulars. To finish above that lot, even complemented by Hleb we don't need to strengthen. In fact we could get away with selling another key player if finishing above Blues is our minimum aim.

Those 4 goals were 2 pens, a freak own goal and a free kick; to be honest I don't think Joe hart would haved saved those either.   I think they'll be a lot stronger this year as they now have a bit of pace and presence up front, and some attacking guile in the middle.    We've lost our best player and had to all out defend for 75 minutes against a piss poor everton team.   We also got tonked 6-0 at Newcastle which is very very worrying.

We needed players.

I think this thread, your comments, particularly about Everton being piss poor (ah?) sum up your present state of mind. Chin up and lay of the drugs.

Says the man who was about to explode and lashing out at everyone and everything just over a week ago.

*wink*

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024

They finished behind us by some way last season and to achieve the magnificent heights of (I think) 9th based on all out defence and a top class keeper. They have lost the keeper and shipped two goals to both Sunderland and Bolton  in their last two outings where last season they would have earned a clean sheet and three points each. Look at who plays for them: Steve Carr, Barry Ferguson, Liam Ridgewell and that little turncoat cast-off Gardner are regulars. To finish above that lot, even complemented by Hleb we don't need to strengthen. In fact we could get away with selling another key player if finishing above Blues is our minimum aim.

Those 4 goals were 2 pens, a freak own goal and a free kick; to be honest I don't think Joe hart would haved saved those either.   I think they'll be a lot stronger this year as they now have a bit of pace and presence up front, and some attacking guile in the middle.    We've lost our best player and had to all out defend for 75 minutes against a piss poor everton team.   We also got tonked 6-0 at Newcastle which is very very worrying.

We needed players.

I think this thread, your comments, particularly about Everton being piss poor (ah?) sum up your present state of mind. Chin up and lay of the drugs.

Says the man who was about to explode and lashing out at everyone and everything just over a week ago.

*wink*

Post Newcastle depression.

I'm an incredibly bad loser. I was at Def Con Stoke in the depression scales.

My force quickly balanced out, as you can't keep reality out of your mind for too long.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
We may be managerless, have sold our best player, have bought nobody, be sitting here watching the transfer window slam shut whilst our powers that be are doing other things, we may have recently been tonked 6-0 by a shite championship side, we may have spent almost 90 minutes chasing the ball on Sunday, and we may be about to interview the least impressive list of job applicants since Hitler finished himself off, but it would take much, much more than that for me to be jealous of Small Heath in any way, shape or form.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

We are in the biggest state of turmoil this club has seen since 1986

Eh?

Offline Ads

We are in the biggest state of turmoil this club has seen since 1986

Eh?

I thought it was up there in the hyperbole stakes too.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Is it just me?

I'm really excited, last season we had 12 players!

This season we have a full squad full of youth and experience!

Offline Ads

We may be managerless, have sold our best player, have bought nobody, be sitting here watching the transfer window slam shut whilst our powers that be are doing other things, we may have recently been tonked 6-0 by a shite championship side, we may have spent almost 90 minutes chasing the ball on Sunday, and we may be about to interview the least impressive list of job applicants since Hitler finished himself off, but it would take much, much more than that for me to be jealous of Small Heath in any way, shape or form.

No goals conceded at home, four points up at home, six points out of nine, same position league wise as we were last season and a new manager about to bring in some stability that is required for the squad to properly focus.

They won’t be laughing when we finish 20 odd points in front of them again and make it 8 in a row. Let them laugh in August.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025

CBY, please read and inwardly digest and then think about what you've done. You'll be a better person for it.

Offline Simba

Purlease.
Concerned about the progress - potential or proven- of Man City, Liverpool, Everton or Spuds? Yes.
Concerned about the signings SHA have made or their potential in comparison to us. No.

Forget it. Have a glass of warm milk. Sleeeep. You will be fine in the morning.

The Creator has established a natural order in all things. The Creator says  - they are crap.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
Look we should be worrying about competing with Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool not that small club in Small Heath.

Offline Simba

I posted this on another ( more meaningful) thread yesterday:

Just had a call from a whinging, petulant Blue nose.

"How come?" he says, "That you have no bloody manager, you've lost 6-0, your forwards can't score, you sold your best player, you have signed no f..... players and you are in CRISIS and.. "

"Yes?" says I

"and, and we think we are having a good start but, but, but  you f...ers are STILL above us in the f...... league?!!!!".

quiet smiley annoying smug emoticon thingy

Offline Karlos96

I really couldn't care who they sign plus he isn't the player we need at the moment.  One other thing worth thinking about is that Hleb will be playing every week changing their style to accommodate him might not be the best thing for them.

Offline richardhubbard

Dont forget blues other big signing in the last Window - Craig Gardner.

Stop worrying, I know everything a disaster like we won on Sunday

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
No the bloke is a waste of time  and  will play no more than 10 games  for them.

Offline Cuellar Boo Ya

Craig Gardner's a good player to be honest, but he kept getting moved around under o'neill.   A very good squad choice for midfield, not so when you jaff him all over the place.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal