collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Chris Smith
[Today at 12:44:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by steamer
[Today at 12:34:18 PM]

Champions League Contention by Billy Walker
[Today at 12:32:33 PM]

Diego Carlos by Neil Hawkes
[Today at 12:30:57 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:22:22 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard
[Today at 12:17:55 PM]

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match Thread- Newcastle United Vs Aston Villa  (Read 106826 times)

Offline NorthYvillan

Re: Match Thread- Newcastle United Vs Aston Villa
« Reply #495 on: August 22, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
From the time they scored their first the whole team was shambolic today.

Had my doubts last season but I don't think Friedal is up to the job any more - doesn't dominate his area; doesn't come for crosses. Do you think we could raid Man City for Given?

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2010, 03:35:17 PM »
Appalled, embarressed - what a shambles.

Blaming one person alone is not on really, it's a mixture of things.

Very concerning.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2010, 03:36:41 PM »
This shows why Luke Young was never played by MON, I'm afraid.

oh dear honestly what a load of rubbish. Luke Youngs fault ? you joker

Yes. That's precisely what I said. By saying he didn't have a good game, I of course meant that Luke Young is the sole cause of our joint-heaviest defeat in years. Obviously.

Seriously, do you like causing pointless arguments for no reason? Do you think it's how to make friends?
He's the one player you singled out, Monty.

Just to say that MON was right to pick Cuellar over him. In case you hadn't noticed, there was once a little debate on the subject.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »
Shit Everton are actually not bad, i shudder to think of next sunday.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
Quite simply Villa looked like a team without a leader. In terms of fight and spirit, as bad as almost any Villa performance I have ever seen, against a very very average Newcastle team.

We need a manager with presence who can lead the whole club from the front, just like MON did.  Unfortunately managers of that qualaity are rare, so who the person is, I have no idea. 

Hopefully this performance won't lead to any knee jerk reactions from Randy, but the club simply can't let things drift.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #500 on: August 22, 2010, 03:44:42 PM »
Just to say that MON was right to pick Cuellar over him. In case you hadn't noticed, there was once a little debate on the subject.
On the basis of one game in which everyone was shite, O'Neill was right to pick Cuellar over Young in every instance last season?  Jesus Monty, you're on fire today.

Online Monty

« Reply #501 on: August 22, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »
On the basis of one game in which everyone was shite, O'Neill was right to pick Cuellar over Young in every instance last season?  Jesus Monty, you're on fire today.

Far from one game, I didn't think he was very good last week either. Nor any time he's played in the last year.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #502 on: August 22, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »
Oh well we know that KM is cut out for the big job now. Time to get a manager in and sort us out. Randy/board need to grow a pair and speak out now. We have heard fuck all since the day after MON walked out, not good enough im afraid. Time they told us what the fuck is going on............

I was very please with last week -  thought the shackles were off the team. Perhaps they have believed their own press after last week.

Just shows the crassness of MON's timing and the Board not being prepared to get this sorted. Won't be rushed? They better be and get some money avaiable too.

Hello,Hello MON left the club 2 weeks ago...........you will be blaming him for the floods in Pakistan, the loss of the Titanic and Shergar going missing next

Yeah I am blaming him. Great preparation in leaving us at the time that he did. He knew the score at the end of last season and should have gone then. He didn't.

Offline Lee

« Reply #503 on: August 22, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »

.. and he's blatantly wrong too.

Offline Lee

« Reply #504 on: August 22, 2010, 03:49:11 PM »

Far from one game, I didn't think he was very good last week either. Nor any time he's played in the last year.

He played quite well over the Xmas period last year. Then soon as Collins came back into the fold after injury, was dropped to the bench.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #505 on: August 22, 2010, 03:49:42 PM »
Difficult to know where to start.Petrov lamentable, Carew anonymous - and then there were the rest.One of the worst performances I have seen, against a very average team.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #506 on: August 22, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
For those thinking that losing our best player (for the second year running) and one of the leagues best managers I'd suggest thinking again. We have a worse squad from last season and no leadership from the top. 3 top six finishes in a row was our best run of league results since before the second world war and playing a few kids is not going to better it. Ellis would never have got away with what the current lot are doing at the moment.

Online Monty

« Reply #507 on: August 22, 2010, 03:51:19 PM »

He played quite well over the Xmas period last year. Then soon as Collins came back into the fold after injury, was dropped to the bench.

I disagree, I think he gets dragged out of position too much and uses the ball poorly, hitting it long too much for my liking.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #508 on: August 22, 2010, 03:55:18 PM »
It's not quite the end of the world. As strange as it sounds, we should've won that, but, largely thanks to Carew, we didn't.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »
It's not quite the end of the world. As strange as it sounds, we should've won that, but, largely thanks to Carew, we didn't.

Thats the wrost i've seen him play,like a shitter version of Heskey,ball bouncing off,he seemed like he couldnt even run at times,shows you what a good player Gabby is when he doesnt play,no one to run into the wings to stretch the opponents defense.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal