collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stadium tour  (Read 6158 times)

Offline nipper

Stadium tour
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:15 PM »
Quick question, don't know if anyone can help. I now don't have to go into work tomorrow  :), so have told my little 6 year old girl i'll treat her to a trip to Villa Park on the train. She's never been and is now looking through the Simon Inglis book and getting quite excited. What im wondering is if the Stadium tour will be on tomorrow and whether you can pretty much turn up and pay on the door, make her day if we can get in. Anyone been over summer hols? The official site is helping at the moment. Cheers.

Offline Rob Gee

Re: Stadium tour
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:40:16 PM »
Pretty sure tours are only Weds, Friday and Sunday??

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
have a look on the online ticket site,  it gives all the dates there and u can buy online for the tour

Offline nipper

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:15 PM »
yeah i've been trying to do that but it keeps coming up with an error, e ticketing not working. if we can't get in then i think she'll be happy spending all my money on stuff in the shop though. sure she'll be impressed with seeing the place from the outside for the first time

Offline Rob Gee

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »
e-ticketing is down for maintenance till 7am tomorrow.

Tell em you're thinking about getting a season ticket or something.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 06:50:11 AM »
Pretty sure tours are only Weds, Friday and Sunday??

From the OS

How do you fancy looking out on Villa Park's hallowed turf? Or would you love to check out the first team dressing room?

If the answer is yes, join us for an unforgettable day out at one of the oldest stadiums in the country and home to Aston Villa. We invite you to take a behind-the-scenes tour around the famous ground that boasts traditional heritage with state-of-the-art facilities.

Tours take place on Wednesday, Friday and selected Sundays within the month. However, if there is a match, tours cannot take place on that day, the afternoon before or the morning after.

There are also tours running throughout the week during the summer.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
I would love to go on one of them stadium tour's one day in the not to distance future.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:54 AM »
Tour was great however I was gutted couldn't go on the pitch

Offline nipper

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »
Took the little 'un today and they are doing tours daily at moment but at half ten, we missed it. Fortunately as we were walking down Witton Lane i noticed one of the gates open and called down to one of the blokes inside if it was alright for me just to show her what inside the ground was like. Fairplay to the bloke he said yeah as long as we don't go on the pitch. We went and stood by the corner flag between the Witton and Holte ends and her face lit up, think she's caught the bug.  Just a matter of working out now at what age to start bringing her to matches, thinking maybe next season when she's 7.

Offline big 1st serve

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 09:58:43 PM »
   When my eldest lad was in the Old Villa CUBS, which was FREE ,back in the day, we did the tour,
     & it was great, & also Free,
    I,ve done the tour both pre & post ground development, however the one thing you always remember
is Jack Watt, who was  a top man, & a great ambassador for our club as a guide & Villa historian.
 Walking up the tunnel is something else, because you just look to your right & see the Holte & imagine your hitting one from 20 yards into the top corner!!!!, Well I did,

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 08:33:20 PM »
Took the little 'un today and they are doing tours daily at moment but at half ten, we missed it. Fortunately as we were walking down Witton Lane i noticed one of the gates open and called down to one of the blokes inside if it was alright for me just to show her what inside the ground was like. Fairplay to the bloke he said yeah as long as we don't go on the pitch. We went and stood by the corner flag between the Witton and Holte ends and her face lit up, think she's caught the bug.  Just a matter of working out now at what age to start bringing her to matches, thinking maybe next season when she's 7.

I was 6 when I was first taken to VP so maybe take her to a game where you know it will be a bit calmer, like a LC game, or even something like the Vienna game. A smaller crowd etc might not be so intimidating for her first trip?

Offline gervilla

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 04:27:22 PM »
I'm over for the Newcastle game and my flight into Birmingham on the Friday is very early so I've booked in to do the Stadium Tour.
I really looking forward to it as in 26 years of visiting Villa Park the times of the tours never fitted into my schedule....and I'll get to see all our new signings make their home debuts the following day ;)

Offline eastie

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
make sure you take a camera or camcorder - very good tour and many great photo opportunities

Offline MarkM

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »
Started my lad at 5, got him a season ticket in the lower Holte.

Cost was only £75 for his season ticket.

Have Now moved to the front row of the upper Trinity Road Stand better view!

He had his free stadium tour (came with his season ticket) he loved it

Mark

Offline gervilla

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »
I did the tour Friday.
It was good to see the parts of the ground I'd never get to see otherwise but I do have one problem.
While the restaurants and banqueting facilities were nice to see, I did think some of the tour was a marketing exercise. I can understand the club trying to get extra revenue by showing off the available facilities I would much rather be strolling around our trophy room and museum looking in awe at interesting items from our rich and proud history.
For a club of our tradition to not have such a facility is a shame, and needs rectifying.
Even Ken McNaught commented on it when I bumped into him in The Holte Hotel afterwards.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal