collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by LeeB
[Today at 11:23:02 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:22:37 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:18 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:18:13 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Champions League Contention by David_Nab
[Today at 11:12:11 AM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2010/11 Season  (Read 1586298 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Other Games - 2010/11 Season
« Reply #945 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:07 AM »
Somewhat disturbing to see the "@person'sname" form of replying to someone used on here for the first time, too.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #946 on: September 27, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
Somewhat disturbing to see the "@person'sname" form of replying to someone used on here for the first time, too.

I will start worrying when we have a `Dogz v C@s' thread in off Topic

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #947 on: September 27, 2010, 11:06:17 AM »
Watching yesterday's game in a West Brom pub it was very amusing to watch one bloke who was genuinely getting upset because he couldn't work out for himself which team he hated more!

"Ar cor be 'appy if them Doghead bastards score con I? I 'ate them bastards as well."

"So you want Villa to win then?"

"No I dow, I 'ate them bastards more than Wolves.....no I dow I 'ate them both."

"So a draw then?"

"No, cuz then both the bastard's ull 'ave points."

For forty-five fucking minutes until we decamped to the slightly quieter pub over the road!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #948 on: September 27, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »
I watched it at home then popped down the pub for an hour after. All the Wolves fans were long gone in the 20 minutes it took me to get there.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #949 on: September 27, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »

I thought that, too.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #950 on: September 27, 2010, 09:22:08 PM »
St Etienne beat Lyon at the Gerland to stay top of Ligue 1 with a brilliant free-kick from Dmitri Payet (obviously).

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #951 on: September 28, 2010, 12:43:23 PM »
Quality rant by DW(p63).
I understand the bog eye thing with you,I went to school in Warley and was the only Villa fan in my year. My late Dad raised me on the 59 story (bonfires all over West Brom etc) and would make vast detours around smethwick to avoid sight of the ground and for him junction 1 of the M5 didn't exist. I am sure towards the end he would have thought about it and gained some satisfaction from knowing that they hadn't beaten us for the last few decades of his life.

Now for Dad growing up in the 40's and 50's during the Wolves/bogeye boom years I could see why there may have been a jealous thing going on, but for me that has long died. I have a respect for them, and Wolves, grown out of our similar histories really and they both feel like proper clubs when you go. Their fans seem a bit like us.They have an iffinity with the region they are from: If you are born or family was from the Black Country you support one or the other. I no longer hate them but equally I still don't wish them well.

With the noses its completely different. They have no history. They are from my city and at some point in time a member of a family has decided to watch footy and given the choice has decided to watch the blose instead of Villa. That to me makes that person and subsequent generations a prat for all time. Why would anybody do that?
It is also for me a class thing. Villa oozes class, from the germ of an idea under a lamp in Aston the name has stayed the same.How many names have they had? It about the rampent lion and , well, a pair of bollocks.

And then there is the lapsed blose fan. We all know em from our local pubs. His sons support manure or chelski and his only thing now is mocking Villa when we either fail to reach the CL or lose finals. In fact he looks for our result first.

But why I really hate them, cos I love this town, is the reinforcement they give to the outside worlds perception of this area. They are an on going embarrassment to the name of the city.They can change their name again any time please.

So DW hating west brom is soooo 1985, get with it...hate the b lose !

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Other Games
« Reply #952 on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
I think we can all agree Leeds are wankers of the highest order. Were four one up. Now Leeds 4 Preston 6!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #953 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »
I've always been under the impression that Baggies were our main rival during the Seventies. Living in Warley, the Albion has always been my main Derby, but funnily enough i don't hate them, i dislike Blues more.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #954 on: September 28, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »
Small Heath lost 6-4 to Swindon after being 4-1 up. I was at a match but can't remember which one.

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
« Reply #955 on: September 29, 2010, 01:34:58 AM »
... the general concensus among Villa fans is that we consider Birmingham City our main local rivals... like it or not, I don't know any of my Villa supporting mates who put West Brom before Birmingham in terms of rivalry, even my father who grew up in the generation where West Brom were once considered our main local rival has a big dislike for small heath, I don't think I've actually ever heard talk him in an abusive way towards West Brom. And yes, he also commented yesterday on what a great result it was for West Brom...

A few have already said earlier in this thread that they don't really mind West Brom, but ask them how they feel about Birmingham City...

I'm just gonna leave it at that, sorry if congratulating West Brom on their great win yesterday annoys you so much.

Having a 'dislike' for a team is a lot different to considering them as 'rivals', don't you think? You seem to have some hatred for Stoke but do you consider them to be 'rivals'? It's not the same thing.

You only have to take a cursory glance at the respective honours list of West Brom and Bloose (no, not that one on the back of the diary, the other one) to realise that West Brom have a lot more about them as far as tradition, history, etc.

Bloose are just some slapper with bad personal hygiene and horrid saggy tits that's moved into a neighbourhood where she doesn't belong and giving it the big one about how good she is without having anything to back it up. And, frankly, she just annoys the piss out of everyone.

They're not rivals. They're just annoying little windbags.

West Brom are annoying little shitbags that have a history....some of it good, most of it bad.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #956 on: September 29, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »
Small Heath lost 6-4 to Swindon after being 4-1 up. I was at a match but can't remember which one.

We won at Arsenal that day. Bank Holiday Monday, I believe.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #957 on: September 29, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
I think we can all agree Leeds are wankers of the highest order. Were four one up. Now Leeds 4 Preston 6!

I know someone that had an accumulator on and that's the result that lost him £300.

Online TaxDodger

« Reply #958 on: September 29, 2010, 02:47:22 PM »
Am I a bad person for hoping Spurs pick up lots of injuries tonight? And lose 6-0.

Offline luke25

« Reply #959 on: September 29, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »
Am I a bad person for hoping Spurs pick up lots of injuries tonight? And lose 6-0.
now thats what im talking about

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal