collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Les Sealey  (Read 11917 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Les Sealey
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »
Cantona definitely played in the 94 League Cup final, as for Sealey he was as mad as a bag of badgers... great entertainment and the game needs more like him!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Les Sealey
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »
Quote from: Nev
I've posted this story before but it's worth repeating.

We were stuck in traffic after a game at QPR that Sealey had played in when who should come wandering down the non-descript side street but the man himself. Freshly showered with hair still wet, tracksuit on and bag slung over his shoulder. He looked like a Sunday footballer on his way to the pub. He told us that he was on the way to some relative who lived close by and just decided to walk due to the traffic.

Fair fucks to him, you wouldn't see it nowadays.

I beg to differ!  I remember we played Derby at VP getting on for 10 years ago, after a few bevvies after the game we got the bus from the bottom of Trinity Rd and on hopped Seth Johnson who was visiting his mom as he was born in Birmingham.

You wouldn't see that nowadays.

I was walking down Aston Hall Road after our game against Leicester City(2003?), when I became aware of someone behind me in blue, it was french player Lillian Nalis all decked out in his Leicester City tracksuit c/w boot bag.

I nudged me mate & said "shall I twat him?" ,my mate just rolled his eyes in disgust, now if it had been Robbie Savage ;-).

Nalis just  jumped into a car under Cuckoo bridge & drove off, I assume unaware of his precarious safety.

You wouldn't see that nowadays.

Hmm, you wouldn't see it nowadays yet the examples above were only a few years ago.
And I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if some of the Blackpool players are sufficiently down to earth to do something similar.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal