collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match Ticket Prices  (Read 35540 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 03:56:48 PM »
I haven't renewed, for the first time in yonks, primarily beacuse my missus is on maternity pay till the new year and we're getting married in May.

Upon viewing that it will cost me £41 to sit with my brother in my old seat, I think I may be visting Villa Park a lot less this season than I had anticipated.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
Quote from: "john e"
Quote from: "peter w"
Quote from: "Hookeysmith"
We all clamour for hollywood signings but expect to pay low ST and entrance fees

Cant have one without the other

The television money and the resulting added on sponsorship pays in large for players, not how many of us attend. We contribute but only the same way that if I wanted to buy a mars bar and you gave me 5p, would see you contributing.

why do clubs like Liverpool say they cant compete with Man Utd then, when they say they bring in over 1 mill per game, because of there ground capacity,

Arsenal said thats one of the reasons for why they had to move to increase ground revenues to compete.

if it was all down to TV money, they wouldnt have bothered

But arse and manure HAD a product that was in demand, every game a sell out with a waiting list. Fast, attacking, winning football (in ManUre's case) - how many times did we sell out last season?

How many tickets are available for all the big games at VP?

Offline eastie

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 04:03:25 PM »
I think a lot of fans are feeling that way leeb- let's hope we can sign someone exciting to lift us all.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
Quote from: "east19"
I think a lot of fans are feeling that way leeb- let's hope we can sign someone exciting to lift us all.

It's just pure economics for me mate, no matter what we do, I can't spend what I haven't got.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 04:06:57 PM »
i didnt renew mine last season as my Son got into the first team at Buckingham Town, so i went down there on saturdays,

it cost £5 to get in, which i thought was a bit steep,

mind you the football was more entertaining, and you could get a home made pie and cup of tea for £1-50

not getting one this season either,
 as he's abroad untill oct/nov, and i cant go on my own, its against the rules,
and there also no one to moan to all the way through the match and on the way home.

Offline remy

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 04:08:22 PM »
Quote from: "Ad@m"
Quote from: "cumgetus"
well think price of st is fair lookin around
think blackpool 360 wolves and i can,t belive it cheapest 522 and the ablion 399 so watchiin the best midland side for the cheapest price can,t be bad

Exactly.  Like it or not football is no longer a working-class game to watch live.  There's money all over the place and if the Villa want to compete then they need more of it.

Sadly, even if we don't want to compete it still costs a fortune - just look at the examples above and there are plenty more in the lower leagues.

There's a lot in remy's post too - the club don't want fans who only expect to pay a tenner a fortnight.  If that's your budget I suspect the answer is to go and watch Sutton Coldfield Town or your local equivalent.

It all depends on your personal circumstances.  For me, I don't mind paying a bit more if it means we stand a chance of winning something.  I'm sure there will come a time when my priorities change and I don't want to pay the price.  In that case though I'll say thank you very much for the time I've had and walk away - I won't be on here whinging about why it costs so much and in the same breath complaining about the players not being good/exciting enough!!

To me the home form recently doesnt justify shelling out the best part of £150 to for me and my 2 sons. If we had a 'winning product' I think It would be easier to shell out more. For me to be a loyal supporter just to turn up every game no matter what dross is served up has gone for a Burton not when its costing me so much.

Offline mshurst

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 04:09:03 PM »
Quote from: "LeeB"

It's just pure economics for me mate, no matter what we do, I can't spend what I haven't got.

Same for me. I'd love to go to more matches. But even a single match is a bit too pricey for me.

Plus, I've vowed to stop using my credit card.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
Quote from: "remy"
We all clamour for hollywood signings but expect to pay low ST and entrance fees

The television money and the resulting added on sponsorship pays in large for players, not how many of us attend. We contribute but only the same way that if I wanted to buy a mars bar and you gave me 5p, would see you contributing.

why do clubs like Liverpool say they cant compete with Man Utd then, when they say they bring in over 1 mill per game, because of there ground capacity,

Arsenal said thats one of the reasons for why they had to move to increase ground revenues to compete.

But arse and manure HAD a product that was in demand, every game a sell out with a waiting list. Fast, attacking, winning football (in ManUre's case) - how many times did we sell out last season?

Manu have a lot of fans who will pack in if they ever stop winning. I'm glad we don't have too many of those.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
I'd like to start winning in order to find out, mind.

Offline remy

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
Quote from: "remy"

Manu have a lot of fans who will pack in if they ever stop winning. I'm glad we don't have too many of those.

What WINS or FANS ?

Offline The Adventurer

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
Who was our last "Hollywood" signing?? Just out of interest. Who constitutes a " Hollywood" signing?? Wouldnt mind a couple this close season!!

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 05:16:16 PM »
Quote from: "The Adventurer"
Who was our last "Hollywood" signing?? Just out of interest. Who constitutes a " Hollywood" signing?? Wouldnt mind a couple this close season!!

We've never had a "Hollywood" signing.

Maybe a few "Dave" signings (players that were once good but are now old and not quite as good as you remember them to be).

And a few "BBC Three/Four" signings (players that are looking good and have gone on to do really well, and those who have turned out to be shit).

Offline eastie

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »
Stan collymore?

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »
Merson?

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Match Ticket Prices
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »
Stan collymore?

Alan Smith was born in Hollywood.

And he's a Villa fan.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal