collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The petulance of Ashley Young  (Read 25445 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
The petulance of Ashley Young
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
I see he got a yellow card today at the end of the match for continually complaining and moaning at the referee. It's probably about time but I'd like to see this sanction more often and some consistency applied with other teams.

Offline holtepaul

Re: The petulance of Ashley Young
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »
agree 100% - I cheered when he was booked.

And I tell you this, he was lucky to be on the pitch coz he clearly dived in the first half trying to get a penalty = something no one seems to have picked up on.

To me , Ashley Young epitomises everything that is wrong with modern day footballers - get rid, I dont care how bloody skillful he is - he is fast turning into the modern era Steve Hodge !

However, saying that, I did think he played quite well today - however, I then get home to find Capello was in the stand - so thats the reason why !

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 08:20:16 PM »

Oh come on, you're taking the piss.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »
The whole team were at it today, pretty much.

Offline nicardinho

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 08:26:04 PM »
Having seen his West Ham performance, I've been re-converted to everything Young. Sublime that day, but seems to be turning into a scapegoat for unknown reasons - Dunne and Collins have been much, much worse this season.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 08:27:24 PM »
Yes I did !!!!

I dont give a toss of he plays for Villa or not - he was an utter disgrace.

I am sick and tired of modern day players, whether it by Young, Rooney, Heskey or Lionel Messi giving foul mouthed rants to officials - whether they play for Villa or not.

My 11 yr old son is in a successful team - champions of their league. I help out with his team - I make sure his team are 100% ceorteous and sporting at all times to both officials, parents and the oppostion.

Sorry mate, if you think Ashley Young being paid 70000 a week and then thinking he has the right to go around shouting and swearing at officials is acceptable, that is your problem not mine !

I applaud the ref for doing it, and whether it be a Villa player, Blues or even a Crawley Town player - the day the ref red cards a player for swearing at him - I will applaud as well !

Football is becoming a disgrace - and Ashley Young epitomises it (as well as Emile Heskey - who should have been sent off as well , and even Kyle Walker for doing a dive that Tom Daly couldn't match !

The Villa were a disgrace today !

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
We would have lost the game today if it wasn't for Young but he still gets stick.
Some fans haven't got a feckin clue.

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
Mate - he had a good game - Im not having a go at his football ability

Wayne Rooney is one of the best players in the world and is better than probably any (bar one) player we have had in our entire history

It still doesnt give him the right to call the referee a c*** or any other stuff he has got away with

And the same goes for Young.

He is a disgraceful example to kids - and should never ever have been considered captain.

This is the problem with modern day football - "hes a good player so he can do what he wants"

Well the quicker it is stamped out - the better

Oh - and watch MotD and try and defend his Olympic Standard dive trying to get a penalty !!!

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »
He wasn't the only one throwing himself to the floor in a Villa shirt and it's something I don't like to see but he deserved his booking for petulance. As the second half was about to start my friend took a photo, she showed it to me, it was the ref wagging his finger at Ashley Young.

Another incident annoyed me today, Downing this time appealing for a penalty when the ball hit their player on the arm, from where I was sat it looked like he could have got the ball, but by the time he'd stopped waving his arms around and shouting at the ref, the ball had been cleared.

Offline rutski

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:26 PM »
i turned off when you said my 11 year old son and champions of their league. Enjoy that !

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »

And I tell you this, he was lucky to be on the pitch coz he clearly dived in the first half trying to get a penalty = something no one seems to have picked up on.

He did not throw himself to the ground on this occasion.

A defender was slyly tugging his shirt from behind and when he let go Ash stumbled forward. One of Newton's Laws of Motion.

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »
I also saw him tell Petrov to f**k off after he scored, or rather after he reminded everybody what his name is by pointing to his name.  Yes Ashley, we only come to see you.

Good free kick, but he's still a twat.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
Well his petulance has probably increased with his frustration levels at having seen the total dereliction of duty shown by the current managerial team and players this season.  Because of this we won't have to have to worry about it in a few weeks, he'll be gone.

As a footballer though, he's going to be very, very hard to replace.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
Yes I did !!!!

I dont give a toss of he plays for Villa or not - he was an utter disgrace.

I am sick and tired of modern day players, whether it by Young, Rooney, Heskey or Lionel Messi giving foul mouthed rants to officials - whether they play for Villa or not.

Probably one of the few footballers who actually doesn't complain to the ref.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 11:51:36 PM »

He did not throw himself to the ground on this occasion.

A defender was slyly tugging his shirt from behind and when he let go Ash stumbled forward. One of Newton's Laws of Motion.

Maybe if he had a bungy jump rope tied round his waste but a bit of shirt pulling? I know he's a streak of piss but I'm afraid he's a cheat, dives better than Tom Daley and moans like hell at every opportunity. Saying all that I had to defend him, and me, when awarding him the MOTM against West Ham. Its a sad fact but football changed when the rules changed and you couldn't tackle anyone with any commitment.

From what I remember in the 80's nobody was booked for diving, you went down because Allan Evans hacked you down and you got up off your arse to get it back, not rolled around crying like a fucking baby. I'm going to bed.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal