collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer rumours, speculation and out-and-out b*ll*cks.  (Read 2718067 times)

Offline eastie

Summer transfer rumours, speculation and out-and-out b*ll*cks.
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:41:35 AM »
Browsing the press today I notice man utd being linked with ash in the summer and also galtasaray being linked with a move for stan petrov.
If utd were after ash I'd like to see a player plus cash deal involving Gibson maybe.
Also I wouldn't be surprised to see michael owen arrive on a free as his contract is up in the summer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:05:19 PM by Legion »

Offline villa1

Re: Summer transfer rumours.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
No thanks to either of them.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
Neither of them are good enough for us.

Offline selly park trinity

• GM : Jan, 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »
Enough with the Gibson fatuation Eastie.  To show how 'good' he is he isn't an automatic choice for Ireland in centre mid and they have the worst midfield in at least 25 years. Glenn Whelan and Keith Andrews are more reliable picks.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:32 AM »
Enough with the Gibson fatuation Eastie.  To show how 'good' he is he isn't an automatic choice for Ireland in centre mid and they have the worst midfield in at least 25 years. Glenn Whelan and Keith Andrews are more reliable picks.
Add to that, Paul Green. A very poor midfield and Gibson got a very rare start during the week. Good goal but he offers very little else. Again, NO THANK YOU.

Offline eastie

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:27:22 AM »
Hardly a fatuation selly park, just a name I threw in , you could say carrick , wes brown or several others - we are unlikely to get more than £12m for ash and a player exchange could work out the best option, personally if spurs came in I'd want walker as part of any deal but we all have our opinions.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
Think Carrick is a lot more likely. Owen is probably too old now to be of any real use especially now we have Bent.

Ash going might actually solve more issues than it causes, as Downing would move central and Albrighton come in on the right.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 09:37:37 AM »
Hardly a fatuation selly park, just a name I threw in , you could say carrick , wes brown
You could, but that would be just as mental.

Offline eastie

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
So dave the idea of carrick or brown as part of a player plus cash deal for ash would be mental in what way?

Both carrick and brown have played hundreds of games combined for man utd and been England internationals and browns vesatility in defence plus carricks experience would not be 'mental ' in my opinion . Carrick is a far better option than petrov anyday of the week- we are not talking about straight swaps here but as part of a deal plus cash.

If they are good enough for man utd why is is such a ' mental ' idea?

Online Dave

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
So dave the idea of carrick or brown as part of a player plus cash deal for ash would be mental in what way?
Because they are both awful, awful players who look better than they are due to having better players around them.

Apart from Carrick of course, who always looks dreadful in spite of having better players around him.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »
Ash to  manshitty is possible with a swap for wasted Milner.  City need a wide option we need Jimmy back in the centre. Jimmy will never play in the man shitty centre in the near future.

As for Gibson no thanks. He is an averagre PL player at best and will go to  someone like Blackburn soon.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:08:42 AM by aftab235 »

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »
In that case I'm surprised sir alex cannot see what ' awful, dreadful ' players they are! Anyway , each to their own opinions.

Online Dave

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
In that case I'm surprised sir alex cannot see what ' awful, dreadful ' players they are! Anyway , each to their own opinions.
You might have noticed that they barely play anymore outside of their easiest games.

Probably because he has noticed.

Offline eastie

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
I would love to see milner back here as a swap for ash but I doubt milner would consider it , he's on a huge contract with massive wages and with a team heading for the champions league and beyond.

Milner knew that Mancini would rotate and has had plenty of games , why would he consider throwing that away and also could we even get near his wages?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 10:14:22 AM »

So, on the one hand you're saying that Fergie rates him and on the other that he's wiling to sell him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal